Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Twinsburg OH - Franklin MA - New Milford CT - Bay Shore NY
XANTEX PRO XM1000 Status lite is Orange

When on Battery Power, my Xantrex Status Color is Orange? Not Red, Yellow or Green? Anyone know if this is an issue? Any help or insights out there?
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Think you may have to call Xantrex on that one. I can find nothing about an orange light for that series of inverter.

Is it actively inverting when the light is orange, or is it just passing shore power through? If inverting, could it be that the battery voltage is getting low and the light color has changed somewhat? The visual difference between orange and yellow is small and somewhat dependent on the individual's eye.

Overview
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #3

I have been reading up on that same inverter today. I have the same one and turned it on today for the first time. When I turn it on it says the input voltage is 12.3, but the input current and output voltage are both 000 and none of the appliances work. When I checked the manual, I found the orange status light just tells you it is operating on inverter power, not shore or generator power. If the inverter is on and you have either shore power or generator power, the status light should turn green. So, unless you are hooked up to shore or generator power, you probably are operation normal. Now, if I could just figure out why I do not have input current or output voltage, we could both be happy. :-)
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:49 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
I have been reading up on that same inverter today. I have the same one and turned it on today for the first time. When I turn it on it says the input voltage is 12.3, but the input current and output voltage are both 000 and none of the appliances work. When I checked the manual, I found the orange status light just tells you it is operating on inverter power, not shore or generator power. If the inverter is on and you have either shore power or generator power, the status light should turn green. So, unless you are hooked up to shore or generator power, you probably are operation normal. Now, if I could just figure out why I do not have input current or output voltage, we could both be happy. :-)

Thanks for your help. I’m glad that my is working normally. Hope you figure out your I/O voltage problem.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #5

Figured it out. Just needed some education, got it from dealer service rep. My system is working fine. The input current only shows a reading if you have had either shore power or generator power on before switching to inverter. The output voltage only gives a reading when one of the attached appliances is turned on and drawing power from the inverter. When I was checking it, I was turning the kitchen TV on and showing no output voltage and no power to the TV. I found out my kitchen TV, for some reason is not wired to the inverter, so it was drawing no power. Tried the refrigerator and bedroom TV, they worked fine. I Don't know how they make the decision about which outlets are connected to the inverter and which aren't.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Figured it out. Just needed some education, got it from dealer service rep. My system is working fine. The input current only shows a reading if you have had either shore power or generator power on before switching to inverter. The output voltage only gives a reading when one of the attached appliances is turned on and drawing power from the inverter. When I was checking it, I was turning the kitchen TV on and showing no output voltage and no power to the TV. I found out my kitchen TV, for some reason is not wired to the inverter, so it was drawing no power. Tried the refrigerator and bedroom TV, they worked fine. I Don't know how they make the decision about which outlets are connected to the inverter and which aren't.

I couldn’t agree more! I use a cpap machine and you would think that the the receptacle on the small side table next to bed? Where else would you use it? I have to plug it into the receptacle across the room where TV is using an extension cord. Not sure how I could hook that line to inverter? Any customer feedback on where to connect?
Old 10-28-2017, 04:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeannetta View Post
I couldn’t agree more! I use a cpap machine and you would think that the the receptacle on the small side table next to bed? Where else would you use it? I have to plug it into the receptacle across the room where TV is using an extension cord. Not sure how I could hook that line to inverter? Any customer feedback on where to connect?
I don't know about yours, but our ACE 30.3 has receptacles on my wife's side of the bed itself down near the floor. Hadn't tried it on inverter yet since we've always had shore power when she has used her cpap. Fortunately, she recently got a new dental device that got her off the cpap. So far, It's great. We are both sleeping good for the first time in years without the noises from the cpap or snoring. Look forward to the new sleep environment when it gets used next week for the first time in the MH.

By the way, be very careful with autocorrect - it just changed the first "p" in my wife's sleep machine to a "l (lower case L)" Does not make for a happy wife when you post something that makes the world think she has contracted a social disease. 😥 Really, really glad I found it and corrected it before clicking send.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I don't know about yours, but our ACE 30.3 has receptacles on my wife's side of the bed itself down near the floor. Hadn't tried it on inverter yet since we've always had shore power when she has used her cpap. Fortunately, she recently got a new dental device that got her off the cpap. So far, It's great. We are both sleeping good for the first time in years without the noises from the cpap or snoring. Look forward to the new sleep environment when it gets used next week for the first time in the MH.

By the way, be very careful with autocorrect - it just changed the first "p" in my wife's sleep machine to a "l (lower case L)" Does not make for a happy wife when you post something that makes the world think she has contracted a social disease. [emoji26] Really, really glad I found it and corrected it before clicking send.

Thanks, and great catch.....
Old 10-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, and great catch....