Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #1

XP3 Fuel Treatment

Does anyone out there have any experience, comments on XP3 fuel treatment. It claims to do a lot but need testimonies.

Thanks. Ron

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
The one additive that I've found that works is MotorSilk - Patented Engine Lubrication Technology - As Seen on TV - HOME. I've used both the engine and transmission products and recorded improvements in MPG in my vehicles.

JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ron. Never heard of XP3. Is this for gas or diesel and what exactly are you trying to "fix" with a fuel supplement?
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #4

If it is cost effective, I'd think vehicle mfgrs. would be recommending its use.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
If it is cost effective, I'd think vehicle mfgrs. would be recommending its use.
Exactly.

Think about it before you buy. We know, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge and every other vehicle manufacture preaches MPG and power vs longevity. If any after market add on would increase any of the above, and still allow for a good warranty, don't you think the engineers at Ford/Gm/Dodge would jump on it

The same with additives. If it increased mileage without harming the environment, BP, Shell, or Exxon would have the patent and it would be advertised.
In my mind, most of this stuff is really snake oil.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiff View Post
Exactly.

Think about it before you buy. We know, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge and every other vehicle manufacture preaches MPG and power vs longevity. If any after market add on would increase any of the above, and still allow for a good warranty, don't you think the engineers at Ford/Gm/Dodge would jump on it

The same with additives. If it increased mileage without harming the environment, BP, Shell, or Exxon would have the patent and it would be advertised.

If it is on TV and the internet, it must be true. LOL
Old 11-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Every brand of additive on the market claims more power, more mileage, higher cetane rating, it cleans injectors, etc etc etc.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #8

Are you sure it is XP3 and not XPD?
I have recently used XPD and got the best performace ever for my coach. I know about the nay sayers, but I did a mileage check for a trip that is 540 miles each way and picked up a 1/2 mile per gallon.

I have done this trip numerous times too. From 7.6 -7.7 to 8.19.

If you want more info PM me or i'll share it here.
Thank
Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes4all View Post
Are you sure it is XP3 and not XPD? I have recently used XPD and got the best performace ever for my coach. I know about the nay sayers, but I did a mileage check for a trip that is 540 miles each way and picked up a 1/2 mile per gallon. I have done this trip numerous times too. From 7.6 -7.7 to 8.19. If you want more info PM me or i'll share it here. Thank
Please share it here!

7.7 vs 8.19 is 8.39 gallons of improvement over 1080 miles, a useage delta of 0.0078 gallons per mile, or 1oz per mile.

If it cannot be consistently repeated at the same temperatures and speeds, it would be considered an anomaly. I dont doubt your results, but proof is in having more pudding.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I dont doubt your results, but proof is in having more pudding.
I agree!

I have a farmer friend who told me about it, plus I did some research on it too because I was very sceptical too. Farmer friend loves it. So why not give it a try. Here is a link to a study I found that tested all kind of different stuff
Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Here's my deal. I have been going from where I live (Southern Idaho) to Las Vegas for the drags races for the past 5 years with this coach in October. Same route, same weight, same time of year and I have always gotten 7.6-7.7. So I feel this test would be a good one. 8.19 for the trip,not to bad for my coach.

I also used that same type of fuel pump because that can make a difference too. I did not use the commercial pumps. Just the regular pumps. When the pump stopped that was it. No more added on any fill up. I was full of fuel when I left and filled up at Pilot in Vegas. When I got home I filled up using the same pump I used when I left.

I did not deduct for the 3 hours on generator time either for the last fill up. Just averaged it out. I don't ever run the generator except for air conditioning.

I put in the maximum amount at 1/2 ounce per gallon at the two fill ups, which works out to .10 per gallon. I know, not cheap. But if it works at a break even point then nothing lost and if better then breakeven then good for me.

And the results were 8.19 mpg's. My computer said 8.3, but I never go off of that. I picked up a 1/2 mile per gallon, or a saving of .20---.21 per gallon here where I live. $4.09 per gallon. My math could be wrong too!

That's it. I will be doing a longer check in the spring on a 2000 mile trip and hope for the same results.

Give it a try?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #11

The cost for XPD is 20 cents per 1/2 oz (less shipping) when purchased by the gallon(cheaper by the G) from the website. Ten cents would be 1/2 the website selling price.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #12

I agree. Even more significant is the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) performance required by the government. The manufacturers track this in excruciating detail and will go into extreme measures to "make the numbers". As an example, several decades back, I had a friend who wanted to order a Chevrolet with a 350CID engine. The dealer said they could only take orders that quarter for 305 CID engines because cars with that smaller displacement engine provided the slightly better fuel economy that GM needed to satisfy the CAFE requirement. Also, a while back the corvette had a "skip shift" feature that made the manual transmission shift directly from 1st to 3rd or 4th unless the engine was revved to a much higher rpm. Again, just to eke out that little advance in fuel economy.

However, there are always two sides to an issue. In my mind, single tank "averages" seem to have far too many variables, so let's see what hes4all gets on a 2000 mile trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiff View Post
Exactly.

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Automatic shut off nozzles have too much variation, even at the same station, same pump, to allow for accurate calculation of fuel mileage. To get an accurate fill of the tank, fill until you can actually see the fuel in the filler neck. I sometimes can add an additional 2 to 3 gallons of fuel to my 75 gallon tank after the automatic fill nozzle shuts off.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
The cost for XPD is 20 cents per 1/2 oz (less shipping) when purchased by the gallon(cheaper by the G) from the website. Ten cents would be 1/2 the website selling price.
You are correct for the 1 gallon. I bought 5 gallons because they gave me a really good price and shipping so it actually worked out to .08 per gallon. And if I didn't like it I would just sell it to my neighbor who loves it.

At least you checked them out. Did you read the study?

As for the to many varibles, that will always come up from someone. Kind of why I didn't want to share this. No offense taken, just tried to do everything the same to see for myself if it worked.

As for letting the pumps stop on their own. On another post a guy did a mileage check and kept filling till fuel shot out. Was told not to do that because there was too much foam. He was told to stop filling when the pump stopped on its own.

Will do it again in the spring and see. As for me, would like to see it again too. One thing I can tell you is the Lucas product has never ever done anything for me when it comes to MPG's.

Thanks

Tags
fuel