Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yosemite National Park

Does anyone know if there is camping at Yosemite with full hook ups?
The closest I could find was 39 miles away in Coarsegold, CA.

Also is the new road open to Las Vegas from Arizona so you don't have to go through Laughlin.

Thanks
Cacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
A few miles before the West entrance to the park there is a campground that has spots for tents to big rigs. Indian Flat RV Park (www.indianflatrvpark.com) El Portal, Ca. It is on highway 140. It is a few miles from the West entrance to the park We stayed there last year and it was fine. The guy that ran the campground told me there was a sign on the highway that no units over 30 feet were allowed. He told me it was an old sign and to come on. We drive a 41 foot DP and had no problems at all. You cannot drive big rigs in the park so just come and go with your toad. What a great place!!!
Dukeinhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Yes the new bridge is open and good to use. All motorhomes and trucks have to use the left lane crossing the bridge. Good luck JP
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yosemite National Park

Thanks Dukeinhaler and Mr JP for the answers. I knew I would find out here quick and easy.
Cacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacti View Post
Does anyone know if there is camping at Yosemite with full hook ups?
The closest I could find was 39 miles away in Coarsegold, CA.

Also is the new road open to Las Vegas from Arizona so you don't have to go through Laughlin.

Thanks
we stayed in the escapees coarsegold cg last fall for 3 weeks. they have reasonable prices and full hookups. we joined escapees when we got there. this is a very nice cg. we enjoyed our stay there very much.

Park of the Sierras, Location
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We spent a week in Lee Vining on 395 at Mono Vista RV...beautiful park w/full HUs - 50a service and was reasonable for the location. The CG is located less than a mile from hwy 120 which is the park road(beautiful drive to the East entrance) and is central to other attractions and Lake Mono. There are some campgrounds inside the park but I saw none with FHUs. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
No hookups of any kind in Yosemite Valley. Campgrounds do have a dump station.

Also there is NO gas or diesel in the Valley. Fill up in Crane Flat right outside the valley.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
No full hookups in Yosemite, but if you can boondock for a few days, camping in the valley is beautiful. We camp their every Thanksgiving from Wednesday to Sunday. We use our generator a couple of hours a day and bring a lot of firewood for good family fun. The shuttle system will take you anywhere in the valley. No gas or diesel as stated, but they do sell propane.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #9

I will be up that way June. Was worried if we would be able to find camp spots. pulled up ALL NF campgrounds and was surprised at so many!!! I think we're be just fine as we will dry camping alot!!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #10

Diplomat Don ......What might be some camp grounds, we might get into in late May..June..boondocking without reservation??
Old 03-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #11

You need a reservation just for a parking space.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #12

The whole Yosemite reservation system sucks!

Van.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #13

We give up a thumbs up to the Park of the Sierras Escapee site in Coarsegold as we're staying here for 2 months, but it's not terribly convenient to Yosemite. You can get to the south entrance in about 30 minutes, but Wawona and Mariposa Grove are the attractions there and it's quite a haul up to the valley. Rates are great, people are friendly, sites are nice, but not ideal for time in Yosemitey Valley.

J & C
roaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have a tall RV, use caution before entering the tunnels and bridge.
The arch tunnels are posted at the side (not over top): Height 12 foot at curb. (Pedestrian sidewalk curbing)
No mention of what the ceiling height is 9 feet from center double yellow line.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national