Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
What!!! No Big water filter is hooked up in the water line.

And no # for hooking up the shore power with a inline surge protector?
This is the U S of A where everything is perfect, not some third-world country.

Mind you, I used to be able to brag that we never bought bottled water, but Baja water and coffee or tea just didn't make a drinkable combination so bottled water it was.

No surge protector though.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #44

while shopping in the grocery store with DW, we were looking for some salad ingredients when I notice a man looking at the bundles of shallots, picking up a bunch at a time and putting them to his noise(against it) for a good sniff. He did this two different times and put each of those back (guess they didn't have the proper shallot aroma) and finally picked another bunch and put in his buggy. Ain't no wonder we come down with all kinds of weird stomach bugs and worse....

of course we always give veggies a good washing anyway, but you never know...

Old 12-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
There's absolutely no need to try and rinse the sewer hose by putting it under the fresh water faucet. Just empty the gray after the black and the sudsy water will clean it enough. You'll never get the germs out of it anyway.
+1 I just shake the hose while the gray drains to make sure it no solid matter is clinging inside the hose.

I have disposable gloves, but they get used to keep grease off my hands while hooking/unhooking. It takes a lot more effort wash off grease than fecal matter. I'm also not paranoid about my own fecal matter, as studies have shown its probably on my toothbrush anyways.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
I figure that it came from inside me and didn't kill me, so getting a little on the outside of me won't either. I still wear gloves just to be fashionable like everyone else.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #47

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Silly things I've seen

Original post was about silly things seen, but all have been about sanitary issues.
How about the people who take the dog for a walk in a baby stroller. Now that's some silly fecal matter.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
Original post was about silly things seen, but all have been about sanitary issues.
How about the people who take the dog for a walk in a baby stroller. Now that's some silly [Moderator Edit].
it's just their itty bitty baby you know. Exercise not included......for the dog that is....

have seen this before, soooo cute.....
Old 12-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #49
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I was taught by my Mom to wash all vegetables we were going to eat. That came from my grandmother who was born in Poland.

The silliest thing I experienced was a nice group of folks that did not know how to start a fire after a real good rain. I watched them for a bit and then a bit more. Finally I went over with my axe. Split a piece of wood and showed them how to start a fire on the dry wood surface I had split.

One of them was good on the guitar and we had a wonderful time singing songs. A truly great memory.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #50

Maybe he's a newbie and no one has shown him proper technique..... I would be out there asking him if I could assist him instead of writing about him... just saying. If he didn't accept it then well I at least tried. We all have to start somewhere.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
How are you gonna get in to wash your hands without touching the door handle, the water faucet, and the soap dispenser?

I keep a box of the Harbor Freight vinyl gloves outside. They're very inexpensive and I can just throw them in the trash before going inside.
I use the same type of vinyl gloves, I cut the fingers off the gloves before using them,makes it easier to work on sewer hose,etc,but I never touch anything after using them,like door handle,water faucet etc because I'm too busy cooking burgers........

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #52

I have tried several types of rubber gloves, or whatever their made of, and as of yet have not found any that I can even about get on my hands. If eventually I ACCIDENTALLY get a pair on the first thing I touch they EXPLODE!!!! Guess I will have to start shopping somewhere else, I just figured the Dollar General Store brand would do the trick.....Seems I would have learned my lesson by now after going through $12 worth....
This Thread has learned me a lot, buy good ins' to begin with.. Thanks!!
Old 12-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, I'm new and I knew enough to not flush my slinky with my white water hose. Kind of don't know what to think about that other than Wow!
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Anyone who uses vinyl gloves needs to learn how to take them off without contaminating the hands inside. If you take a hazardous bodily fluids class in a first aid or education setting, you learn to take the first glove off by pinching the outside of it, pulling it inside out as you remove it. Then you clean, recently gloved hand reaches inside the other glove and pulls it off from the inside. Both gloves end up inside out, and your hands stay contaminate free. (We were foster parents and were required to get this training. Very helpful in lots of situations.)
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #55

How did Some of you ever change a baby diaper. In a level A haz-mat suit ?
Old 12-26-2015, 11:15 PM   #56

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Ah, baby diapers, now we are getting down to the real nitty gritty!