Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #57
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
Anyone who uses vinyl gloves needs to learn how to take them off without contaminating the hands inside. If you take a hazardous bodily fluids class in a first aid or education setting, you learn to take the first glove off by pinching the outside of it, pulling it inside out as you remove it. Then you clean, recently gloved hand reaches inside the other glove and pulls it off from the inside. Both gloves end up inside out, and your hands stay contaminate free. (We were foster parents and were required to get this training. Very helpful in lots of situations.)

Well, I'll be darned! I've been doing it right all the time and didn't even know it! Good info! Thanks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #58
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
I have tried several types of rubber gloves, or whatever their made of, and as of yet have not found any that I can even about get on my hands. If eventually I ACCIDENTALLY get a pair on the first thing I touch they EXPLODE!!!! Guess I will have to start shopping somewhere else, I just figured the Dollar General Store brand would do the trick.....Seems I would have learned my lesson by now after going through $12 worth....
This Thread has learned me a lot, buy good ins' to begin with.. Thanks!!

Harbor Freight has some really cheap vinyl gloves that come in boxes of 100. They also have the REALLY CHEAP "disposable" gloves in boxes of 500, which is what I use for the sewer work. They will fit the largest hands out there (Sasquatch uses those).

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-100-industrial-vinyl-gloves-x-large-
8936.html

OOPS, I just checked for the 500 pack and they don't show them anymore!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
How are you gonna get in to wash your hands without touching the door handle, the water faucet, and the soap dispenser?

I keep a box of the Harbor Freight vinyl gloves outside. They're very inexpensive and I can just throw them in the trash before going inside.
X 2, Don't see how some enjoy life worrying about everything....
Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #60

Quote:
Harbor Freight has some really cheap vinyl gloves that come in boxes of 100. They also have the REALLY CHEAP "disposable" gloves in boxes of 500, which is what I use for the sewer work. They will fit the largest hands out there (Sasquatch uses those).

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-100-industrial-vinyl-gloves-x-large-
8936.html

OOPS, I just checked for the 500 pack and they don't show them anymore!
Thanks for the link.. I noticed they showed the x-large. Have tried these before and have same problem. Have found a pair of XX-Large vinyl gloves that fit, but not in bulk. Thanks!!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #61
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
Thanks for the link.. I noticed they showed the x-large. Have tried these before and have same problem. Have found a pair of XX-Large vinyl gloves that fit, but not in bulk. Thanks!!

Yeah, the X-Large are barely big enough for me, and my hands are just average size!

Old 12-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #62

Wow! I just love it!!!

Some of you folks need to climb down into a liquid hog manure tank 5' deep to clear the clog in the tank outlet. A clue--- Skin washes clean a LOT easier than clothing.

Only thing you have to watch out for is the gasses. THAT will kill you.

And you're worried about dumping a black tank on an RV??? Hilarious!!!
Pigman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Coming soon to an rv park near you. It's the official RV Sewer Sanitation Decon Shower. Also good for washing away radiation from the pesky sun and other sources.

I survived diaper changing and 25 years of RV dumping without gloves and a special jump suit but to each their own.

The biggest potential issue I see is a catastrophic spill and ground water contamination. Making sure all the fittings and connections are tight, hose is free of pin holes etc, is the best defense for yourself and the environment.

Having the built in Santi-Flush with a dedicated hose for that keeps the tank in good condition and the slinky a lot cleaner than a diaper. Also provides a hose for wash down of equipment, self, and bay before moving down the road or if something goes wrong.

Do what makes ya comfortable. That's pretty much the best advice regardless of the topic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1451322985060.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	115126  
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Coming soon to an rv park near you. It's the official RV Sewer Sanitation Decon Shower. Also good for washing away radiation from the pesky sun and other sources.

I survived diaper changing and 25 years of RV dumping without gloves and a special jump suit but to each their own.

The biggest potential issue I see is a catastrophic spill and ground water contamination. Making sure all the fittings and connections are tight, hose is free of pin holes etc, is the best defense for yourself and the environment.

Having the built in Santi-Flush with a dedicated hose for that keeps the tank in good condition and the slinky a lot cleaner than a diaper. Also provides a hose for wash down of equipment, self, and bay before moving down the road or if something goes wrong.

Do what makes ya comfortable. That's pretty much the best advice regardless of the topic.
Let common sense prevail.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #65
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Got you a new rainsuit I see!

Old 12-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Got you a new rainsuit I see!
Hey Joe! When you go full time it's in the kit the welcome wagon brings to the door. LoL... you should get yours shortly.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #67

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When I taught camping skills to Boy and Girl Scout leaders, I distinguished between "family germs" and "company germs". You have a significant amount of resistance to your local germs, but you might have none to the germs of the camper before you. Good sanitation is the logical result of public spaces.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
When I was younger I swore I would never change a diaper. Come to realize now that the time is coming when I may have to change my own!

After reading the thread I am trying to decide what brand of gloves to wear. Do I get the heavy duty yellow gloves or the "sensitive" feel gloves or something in between?
Old 12-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
When I was younger I swore I would never change a diaper. Come to realize now that the time is coming when I may have to change my own!

After reading the thread I am trying to decide what brand of gloves to wear. Do I get the heavy duty yellow gloves or the "sensitive" feel gloves or something in between?
Well, that depends if your filling the back tank or emptying it.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #70

I was a 36 year old man, with a cat when I got married. After time in the Army and living on 3 continents, I was pretty sure I was 'worldly'.

I was also happy to know that I had spent years, no decades, not contemplating defecation or any other excrement.

Then marriage, babies, puppies, title 5... I got to hold it in my hands every day.

I keep a separate hose in my wet bay for cleaning the tanks, not white water white hose. I also use the grey water to wash the residue from the black. Many of the complications of life can be minimized by doing things in order, instead of doing them over and over.

So, use gloves or not, do your chores and then wash up, and move onto projects more exciting.

KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote