Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Who drinks water, other than bottled water? Coffee water & Tea water is boiled.
Really? How did you ever get through childhood? How did you ever kiss a strange girl when you were a teen or in college?

If you go swimming do you keep your mouth shut? Don't go in the ocean or a local lake - fish crap there.

Or just brushing your teeth - do you use bottled or boiled water.

The more we worry about (and protect ourselves against) every germ, the faster we lose our defenses.

AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #86

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I lived on a farm in the 30's and 40's and was in all kinds of "filth" and I still do not get sick like most people. When I check out it will probably be sudden (Hope so). I am getting fat and lazy, but I can still jump up and click my heels. Can you?

Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Speaking about backing in.

Last year a fellow with his family showed up across the street with his family and 5er. Because of large trees in the park I generally offer to spot if not doing something else. Was told rather unceremoniously that my offer to help was not appreciated. Apologized and returned to my site.

3/4 of an hour later he was sideways several sites down from where he was supposed to be. He (or someone else) eventually got it the right way into the right site.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Wow! I just love it!!!

Some of you folks need to climb down into a liquid hog manure tank 5' deep to clear the clog in the tank outlet. A clue--- Skin washes clean a LOT easier than clothing.

Only thing you have to watch out for is the gasses. THAT will kill you.

And you're worried about dumping a black tank on an RV??? Hilarious!!!
Or climb down into a manhole...excuse me to be absolutely correct they are called personnel access chambers, and install flow measuring devices right into the sewage flow. Or climb up into a bridge truss placing your hands right into about 4 inches of wet white pigeon poop!

I am from the "never wear gloves" camp. I do draw the line at eating a sandwich while dumping though!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Speaking about backing in.

Last year a fellow with his family showed up across the street with his family and 5er. Because of large trees in the park I generally offer to spot if not doing something else. Was told rather unceremoniously that my offer to help was not appreciated. Apologized and returned to my site.

3/4 of an hour later he was sideways several sites down from where he was supposed to be. He (or someone else) eventually got it the right way into the right site.
Ya' can't cure stupid. Sometimes ignorance can be dealt with.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #90

Man, there are some serious OCD issues in this thread. I'd probably freak half of you out if I were parked next to you. I keep an old freshwater hose permanently hooked up to my black tank flush port, so I can flush the black tank out every time I drain it. Of course I then use the same "fresh water" hose to rinse out my sewer pipe before stowing it, which apparently would make about half of you faint at the site. Honestly though, I don't wear gloves when I set up and break down the wet bay. I hook up my water filter and fresh water line, and my black tank flush line. Then I set up the drain hose. When it comes time to break camp I drain and flush the black tank until the water comes out clear with no clumps (this can take a few cycles) then I drain the grey tank. After that I disconnect the drain line and flush it with the hose from my black tank flush port. Cap the ends and put it away. Then it's time to make some hamburgers, from scratch, before hitting the road.

As far as entertaining things at a campground, I've probably been the entertainment on more than one occasion.

We took the kids to Hersey Park over the summer and arrived at the campground around 8pm or so (after sunset). They put us in a back-in spot at the end of a road just past a turn (the road looped around a pair of rental cottages and back on itself). All the other lots were occupied, mostly by fifth wheels, with the accompanying large pick-ups lining the already narrow road. Trying to make the 90* turn to go around the truck lined loop in a nearly 40ft diesel rig (towing a car as well) was awkward at best. Rather than maybe move some of their vehicles, everyone gathered around to watch (and make sure I didn't hit their trucks). It was like watching someone try to squeeze a bus into a compact car parking spot at a shopping center.

Driving across I40 this summer the heat started to get to the coach (it was only about 118* out). We decided to stop at Pirates Cove resort and wait till the evening to finish out the drive. About an hour after we arrived we felt a sudden impact on our rig as if someone had rear ended us. I opened the door only to about have it ripped out of my hand. A sudden windstorm had rolled in and our awning had suddenly become a sail. I ended up on the outside of the rig in my shorts, on a ladder, trying to lash the now bent awning rails to the side of the rig in the wind and rain. Fun times and I'm sure it was entertaining for the few other campers there who all seemed to have wisely left their awnings in.

I can remember years ago camping in Maryland with some friends for a mountain bike race. As everyone is trying to get to bed some loud yelling erupts from a nearby campsite. Turns out there are two couples getting drunk and angry at each around their campfire. This carried on, only getting louder as the night wore on. Me and my friends walked over there to try and talk to them, as they were literally keeping the entire campground awake. Of course this just embarrassed the already shrill women who then just got louder. Around 1:30am the cops stormed the campground as if there was a bank robbery in progress, bringing ambulances and a firetruck with them. It was like a red and blue disco coming in through the windows, and the couples were still screaming at each other. It wasn't until almost three am that things died down and the cops left, to a round of cheering and applause from the campers.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #91

Read about the diaper change and I have a story to share.

My brother managed a grocery store. One day while rounding up carts he saw a woman change her baby and toss the dirty diaper out on the lot. She then went inside to shop. Brother went over, picked up the diaper and placed it under the drivers seat.
This is Oklahoma, in the summertime, 107 degree day. Closed up car.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
I lived on a farm in the 30's and 40's and was in all kinds of "filth" and I still do not get sick like most people. When I check out it will probably be sudden (Hope so). I am getting fat and lazy, but I can still jump up and click my heels. Can you?
In 1900 the life expectancy in the USA was 47 years for a male.

In 2000 the life expectancy in the USA was 75 years for a male.

I attribute some of this 28 year increase to elimination of the "filth" you mentioned.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 AM   #93
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
Really? How did you ever get through childhood? How did you ever kiss a strange girl when you were a teen or in college?

If you go swimming do you keep your mouth shut? Don't go in the ocean or a local lake - fish crap there.

Or just brushing your teeth - do you use bottled or boiled water.

The more we worry about (and protect ourselves against) every germ, the faster we lose our defenses.
Glad you said that [moderator edit]
Old 01-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post

I attribute some of this 28 year increase to elimination of the "filth" you mentioned.
Must not have been on many working farms with animals lately.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #95

You see some silly things in an RV park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post

Check your lineage lately?
Mine has the early death at 72, the oldest 97. All farmers born before 1850.
Hail all that ate garden dirt!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #96

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Check your lineage lately?
Mine has the early death at 72, the oldest 97. All farmers born before 1850.
Hail all that ate garden dirt!
And I've read rumors some in your lineage eat at bait shops!

Lobstah please, bring my friend some chowdah! We're getting ready!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
And I've read rumors some in your lineage eat at bait shops!

Lobstah please, bring my friend some chowdah! We're getting ready!

My bait is your dinner.
M&M awaits!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #98

I have been amused watching some of the rituals involving the stinky and now I find out I'm not sufficiently obsessive. I don't use it until we are ready to leave. I unhook up my water, put the hose away, unhook and coil the shore cord then put on the gloves and deal with the tanks. The gloves go back in the Rubbermaid and I wash my hands.