Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Go for it. Sounds like a great opportunity for another life experience.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #16

Thanks for all the replies. We are still thinking this over and just need to take time to go visit with the state park department more. We do realize this is a commitment, my word is gold, and my business has been successful because we do what we say we will do. That's why the wife and I want to make sure this is what we want to do before committing to a 3 month stay. We might happier staying as guests with no responsibility as we could come and go whenever we like. As for the time to be Mommy and Daddy, I was a bachelor until I met my wife 5 years ago. I used to run hard with my business as I had no real reason not to. With this union, my wife's daughter asked me to be her Daddy, as her biological father had passed away. I gladly accepted and after the wedding, adopted her to make it official. We feel very fortunate to have the opportunities we have, and are thinking we should take advantage of them while we are young, and in good health.
Trent McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #17

So stay at the camp for the 3 month time as a guest and "mock" being the host.

Meaning while you are a guest imagine what you would be doing as a host to determine if you would rather just enjoy your time or not.

You could volunteer some time by contacting the office and discussing your plans so yiu could help out a day or three to see if it is something you could do.

This allows you to have your time as yours and test drive the host part without being committed.

Then decide for next year...
Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #18

I like that idea, and it's something I've thought about. My wife will be the main volunteer, as I'll be gone during most the day, helping in the evenings and on weekends, We would hate to commit and then have her regret it a month into the deal...thats not doing anyone justice.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:28 AM   #19

My wife and I were discussing the camp host gig last night and decided we would pass this summer. We do already have a few obligations that we are already aware of, and we are sure others will come up. We decided to try as TQ60 recommended. We still want to stay for the summer, but this way if something comes up, or we need to come back home, we have that option. It will give us a chance to meet some of the "regulars" and get a feel for how things operate without being committed. Then maybe in the future when our daughter is older and requires less supervision, we could commit to the host position. Thanks to all who offered advice, and please feel free to continue.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think you made a wise decision! 9 years old is just a tad young maybe next year It will work! hang out with the hosts a bit this year and see how much time it really takes and how much interruptions you will have to deal with on average. It's a great lake and I know another on the board here who likes it! I might get to spend some time there this summer... who knows!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wish this is something we could do! Good luck and maybe next year?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #22

Marty, I think I know who you're referring to, met him last summer. We just don't want to do anyone injustice. I don't want all the responsibility to fall on my wife while I'm gone during the day to where it isn't fun for any of us. After running 5 days in the truck, We might want our weekends to ourselves. Like everyone says, in a few more years our daughter can stay by herself and we will have a better idea what to expect.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #23

Carolina Campers
Young family, would you be a camp host?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I wish this is something we could do! Good luck and maybe next year?

Why do you think you can't? I put my name in on the NP clearing house, received offers from several parks. We accepted one for the winter where it is warm... Free full service site, three days on, six days off. Worst job is opening the gate at 6:00 AM and closing the gate at 10:00 PM.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote