Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Your biggest gripes about your coach

Thought I would start a thread about what you don't like or have had enough with problems on your coach. Should be interesting to see what is common.

Here are some of mine.

RV fridge. I know this has been beat into the ground but after many problems with our Norcold we solved it by installing a residential.

Leveling jacks. Always had that one that would not go up. New springs helped greatly but once in a while....

Power awning. Auto retracts when someone whistles nearby or won't go up. Why is it over a slide so as low as it goes is about eight feet up?

RV toilet. Second round of gaskets and ball. Still won't hold water. Tried many suggestions here. Gave up

Basement A/C. If you have roof A/C be glad you do. Have had the basement unit out so many times we should be certified as installers. It still cannot keep up on a hot day unless you close all the blinds and cover the windshield.

Our coach is now 11 so it is expected to have things wear out. After the second and third is when it starts to grind your gears. We are lucky to be able to do a lot (yes a lot is two words) of the work ourselves because I can't imagine paying for all of it.

After things are fixed it doesn't take long until we forget and go out and have a blast in it. What's your gripe?

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Definitely my awning, One Touch Carefree of Colorado. The only way it is Care Free is if we don't use it. The first year we got the "new" to us coach we had a wind gust catch the awning and bend the arm. I was able to straighten but never was right again. The flimsy 12 volt connector on the side of the coach is a continual problem. Because of this we seldom use the awning and when we do we usually have some sort of problem.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #3

Gripe

Would differently have to be the entertainment systems. More directly the satellite systems. Had 5 coaches now and never had a one that dish or direct ever worked right all the time.

Safe travels everyone
Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #4

If you have roof A/C be glad you do. Have had the basement unit out so many times we should be certified as installers. It still cannot keep up on a hot day unless you close all the blinds and cover the windshield

I have to do the same thing with roof air (heat pumps) they run all afternoon.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
I don't get to use it enough.
2017 Chevrolet 2500HD
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have to keep filling the gas tank up and paying for it. Can not find anyone else to do it for me.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
There's not much we don't like about ours. But it seems to me that we are dumping black and grey tanks pretty often; I submit that our biggest gripe is that the holding tanks are too small. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Definitely my awning, One Touch Carefree of Colorado. The only way it is Care Free is if we don't use it. The first year we got the "new" to us coach we had a wind gust catch the awning and bend the arm. I was able to straighten but never was right again. The flimsy 12 volt connector on the side of the coach is a continual problem. Because of this we seldom use the awning and when we do we usually have some sort of problem.

I agree Carefree makes the worst power awning. I have one and it never closes correctly. I never leave it extended if I am not close by. The adjustments to tilt for rain run off never worked. Next MH will have a manual awning.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #9

Access to the engine! Being a rear radiator, it is a real pain to access the engine. Otherwise I like most things about our current MH.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Very noisy a/c system. Not so much the a/c itself, but the air rushing through an inadequate ducting.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Would differently have to be the entertainment systems. More directly the satellite systems. Had 5 coaches now and never had a one that dish or direct ever worked right all the time.

Safe travels everyone
Our in motion dome is actually a flat Winegard "LP" or low profile. If after it aims itself and you shut it off to not listen to it, slamming the door will un-align it. After sitting long enough in one place oxidation or something builds up on it so I have to climb up and clean it off.

When we are parked for more than a couple of weeks, like most of the winter, I put out a dish. Fixed. I can live with that one so it's not on my gripe list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
I have to keep filling the gas tank up and paying for it. Can not find anyone else to do it for me.
Good luck with that one.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
The lack of wiring chases or conduits from TV's to stereo and satellite receivers. Old technology needs to be updated occasionally.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #13

More storage for us. DW keeps buying.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
The lack of wiring chases or conduits from TV's to stereo and satellite receivers. Old technology needs to be updated occasionally.
Excellent idea! Conduit is cheap.