Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I just use a ladder sponge, bucket of water only and elbow greasedry by hand then use car wax by hand hard but looks great when
done and self satisfaction when all done
Ditto that,,,and I use McGuires products to accomplish this fine feat!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #16

If you have full body paint, brushes are not recommended, as they may scratch the paint. I use a Swobbit washing tool, which mounts on a 6' or 7' extendable pole. It's essentially a washing mitt and won't scratch your paint. Works great.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I used to have other people wash the coach and our cars, but I began to find scratches and dinks that could only have come from the washers. I began to wash everything myself (which means it is usually pretty dirty by the time I get around to it )

I use this: Wash Mop Stick Kit - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

and this: Portable Water Deionizer - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

Between the two, the motorhome is really clean and there isn't a water spot to be seen anywhere when it dries. My wife has a black Mercedes. The water deionizer works so well that there isn't a water spot that you can find after I wash her car.

When tree branches reach out and mar the side of the coach, depending on how bad it is, I use the Meguiar's X-scratch and the 3" pneumatic orbital (again from Griots). This worked really well last Christmas when someone at the shopping mall decided to decorate the side of my wife's car with a key.

I'm not a salesman for Griots. In fact, I work in cardiac surgery, but I have never bought anything from Griots that isn't great. Pricey, but worth every penny. I use most all of their products. The rust remover is incredible (but I don't like the gel as much as the liquid).

I don't really use their round boar's head brush where the water comes out of the center. It is a little hard to keep the brushes square with the coach, and the attached hose makes it unwieldy and heavy, but it works pretty good on the roof of my wife's car.

Look at Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789 and decide for yourself.

Bud
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I'm with RVRon!

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #19

I use mitts & sponge down low, and soft washer brush with extension handle for higher areas. I've seen a lot of scratching done with sponges, mitts, and even micro-fiber cloths ...as well as brushes. You just need to use care, keep the implement clean and free of debris, and don't try to stretch their life when they get worn. That, and a good clear-coat liquid car wash/wax, and the rig will be looking good!
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #20

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Never brush the body, only micro chanille or microfibre. Got feed up with the flimsey extention poles, so use a hex Wooster Sherlock 8'-16' w/std. Acme thread (Lowes, etc), for pad and drying attachments. Fits in bay, but had to cut off 4" to fit across the bay in slide tray. Use an Unger Fixi Clamp Jaw to hold sponge, squeege, or Absorber microfibre chamois and more. The Unger Jaw is a very versitale tool Fixi Clamp Jaws Unger - FIXIO . Get the Acme adapter for this unless you have an Unger pole.

Get the foam canon from AutoGeek.com a great aid. Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer
Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Extendable handle brushes are necessary to wash a tall vehicle. However, flow through brushes are designed specifically to have the water run down your arm when you reach up...I use one, but never connect the hose.
I have used a flow thru extendable handle with a brush with a wool mitt over the brush for years. It does a fine job with no scratches. I 'zip tied' a shop rag onto the pole about two feet from the head. Rag drapes out from the zip tie on the head side, with a small fishing sinker on the end of the rag. The rag collects any water running down the handle ahead of the zip tie, and when the rag gets soaked, it drips off the sinker. My arms and hands stay dry
freebirdbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #22
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Last year I bought a "foam cannon" from Autogeek. It hooks up to my pressure washer and puts out a foam very similar in consistency to that of shaving cream. It does not drip or immediately run down the side of the MH. It additionally has a lubricant that help remove grime and leaves a nice finish. I also use an extending brush (soft bristles) and this combo gets the job done quickly and efficiently.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
My husband !
Sightseer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #24

My dear wife!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Long extend a handle wrap around brush
Short brush for the wheels
Large pail
RV Wash Soap
RV Travel-Soft Water Softener fully charged
One can of spray degreaser
Power Pressure Washer
Squeegee
A quality chamois
Step ladder

And about a 3-4 hour time span to get it all done. Total rest and relaxation the following day.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The closest Blue Beacon.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
I tried a flow thru brush with an extendable pole, without success. I went back to a ladder and a wash mitt....I like feeling the rig while I wash it I guess. The front of the rig catches a lot of bugs so it can be a bit of an effort but if I wash it every couple days while on the road the work is easier. My buddy however will only wash his TT once a year and his 3 year old TT looks like its 10 years old.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
My wife does a great job. sets me up a chair, cold beer and she does a fine job.
Do you know why Brides White? Cause a good appliances come in WHITE!
By the way I'll get out of the hospital in a month.
Do you know how to turn a dishwasher into a lawn mower????.......Stand her out in the yard.....