Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Last year I bought a "foam cannon" from Autogeek. It hooks up to my pressure washer and puts out a foam very similar in consistency to that of shaving cream. It does not drip or immediately run down the side of the MH. It additionally has a lubricant that help remove grime and leaves a nice finish. I also use an extending brush (soft bristles) and this combo gets the job done quickly and efficiently.
This works well for us as well - except we just use the foam cannon with the hose and not the pressure washer. The foam is great stuff. Dirt pretty much slides off. Have had many favorable comments regarding the finish, even from the service manager at our RV dealership.

2015 Providence 42M, Toad - 2002 PT Cruiser with Air Force 1 brake system. Cummins 450 ISL 9L), Allison 6-spd transmission, Freightliner chassis
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
Originally Posted by R1Kirby View Post
Do you know how to turn a dishwasher into a lawn mower????.......Stand her out in the yard.....
And when do you expect to be discharged from the hospital?

2011 Itasca Suncruiser, Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
MSgt retired USAF 1988, AA retired 2005
toneumanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
My favorite tool not mentioned is a couple feet of rope. To clean roof - stretch hose out behind - tie rope across ladder sides above roof line. Now I can pull hose up and lower as I work without damage to RV.
Challenger Owners Club
2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune with 2014 Ford Fiesta behind us & 385 FastTrack kayak inside.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #32
I use Microcareful Wash Mitt from RouteGurus, they also give you a free waffle weave towel (the type of towel that detailers recommend for drying).
You can find one here: http://www.amazon.com/MicroCareful-P...dp/B00OHYPFV4/
Hope this helps
dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #33
My favorite tool is a local product called Black Butte Porter produced by Deschutes Brewing. I have a two step plan, I mention to my wife that the RV would look much better after a nice soapy bath and then she takes the project on. Wonderful woman! Second part of plan is to retrieve a cold one from the fridge and retire to my zero gravity chair to watch the action. I love watching my wife go up and down the small step ladder that I purchased for her. She loves it. I'm not sure what she uses to clean the RV but she's the best at it.
As she cleans the outside and after I've finished two cold ones I'll cook her a fancy dinner and we will have a great night.
Am I lucky or what?
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #34
I've been using a Tri-Angle Montana Boars hair brush for years. They are expensive approx. $120. It will not scratch paint or decals. Autogeek and others sell this model. The tri-angle gives more protection.
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40X
2015 GMC Canyon Crew Cab LB Toad
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
O-Cedar Professional Dual-Action Microfiber Flip Mop with Extra Refill - Sam's Club
I found this @ Sam's and feel it will work great and no scratching.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Try to get my son to help but he says Oh Dad that is a grown up job!

At least he has no problem being my safety watch when I am up on the roof.
I have always said when you own a MH there are 3 things you won't get help with: washing, waxing or filling it full of gas!
Herb, Anna and Lil Herb
2013 Winnebago Vista 35B

HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My fav RV washing tool or item?

Truck wash or a day laborer...

Wax, wax off, wax on, wax off...
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #38
I recently have been to two different Blue Beacons that TOWEL dry my 45' for an extra $20!
2007 Newmar Essex 4508 All Electric
H2 toad
Thor, my Min Pin Wing-man
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:57 AM   #39
For the roof, A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Mop & dishwashing liquid. Many ways to wash the coach, but wiping it down was always a problem. So I use a Swiffer. Any type rag can be wrapped around the mop head and stuck into the holes in the back. To keep the head from flopping over, I just drilled two holes into it and slide a twist tie through the holes to hold the head inplace.
2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #40
This topic was discussed some years ago. One of the replies said his brush scratched his RV. Well, it's kinda like brushing your teeth; you don't push hard enough to flatten the bristles against your teeth or it irritates your gums. Same effect when pushing on the RV wash brush, it irritates your paint. The bristle tips should do the work.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #41
Re read akadeadeye's post. We got the same instructions from Tiffin. We were also told not to use microfiber to scrub bugs from the Diamomd Shield. We got the lambs wool cover and extension pole online from "Marry Moppins". Depending on how dirty the coach is I sometimes just use soft water and the lambs wool, no soaps.
Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #42
National RV Owners Club
Dicor used to recommend the use of Spic and Span to wash the roof as it is rubber and just think what would you wash rubber with not to damage this product.

The final surface prep should be to apply 303 protectant to a clean dry roof. This product has not silicone or petroleum distillates and is safe for rubber application.

Lyle 'N' Sherry and our2 girls Kiesha 'N' Muffin 1999 National RV Tradewind 7370 'n' a 2005 Kia Sedona on an Automatic car dolly
pops2 is offline   Reply With Quote