Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Location: We fulltime, so "Home is where we park it!" (Originally Las Vegas)
Your Regular Maintenance Schedule?

Do you have a regular maintenance schedule that you follow for both mechanical and non-mechanical upkeep? I'm not referring to the manufacturers suggested maintenance; I'm wondering about the type of things you look for and replace on a regular basis.

For example:
- Wax the coach every six months
- Vacuum A/C filters every ?? weeks of use
- Etc.

Tell us about YOUR maintenance schedule!

'06 Newmar Dutchstar 4320 400hp Cummins on a Spartan tag-axle chassis w/ 2014 CRV
CWinLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Your Regular Maintenance Schedule?

I have been building an extensive list in Excel.
This covers all the major components, chassis which includes engine and drivetrain, Genset, Hydro-Hot and General coach items. The list is specific to my models but most items would transfer over easily.
It has been taking me quite some time to compile the list from all the manuals, online research and just items I like to do.
Since we bought used last year there were many items I did not know when or if they have ever been done. Some items I had receipts from PO some items were marked on the parts. I keep dates and part numbers on all of it.

I was planning to share in the near future so it may benefit others.

Here is a snippet of what it is looking like. I keep this on Dropbox so it is available anywhere anytime from any of my devices.
BTW I also keep detailed records on all maintenance performed with cost and part numbers in same spreadsheet. Also have been slowly collecting PDF manuals for everything and putting in my Dropbox.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436468418.012115.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	99577

Steve
Old 07-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWinLV View Post
Do you have a regular maintenance schedule that you follow for both mechanical and non-mechanical upkeep? I'm not referring to the manufacturers suggested maintenance; I'm wondering about the type of things you look for and replace on a regular basis.

For example:
- Wax the coach every six months
- Vacuum A/C filters every ?? weeks of use
- Etc.

Tell us about YOUR maintenance schedule!
Hand wax and buff once a year
Washed before every trip although it's not dirty since its carport kept
Washed when returned inside and out including vacuumed and wiping down all the leather.
I also clean AC filters each trip because I let the fans run continuous it keeps a more constant temperature.
It's 8 years old and still looks and smell just like I bought it new.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #4

SPK64, I would like to get a copy of your spreadsheet, Excellent idea
leitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
I have been building an extensive list in Excel.
This covers all the major components, chassis which includes engine and drivetrain, Genset, Hydro-Hot and General coach items. The list is specific to my models but most items would transfer over easily.
It has been taking me quite some time to compile the list from all the manuals, online research and just items I like to do.
Since we bought used last year there were many items I did not know when or if they have ever been done. Some items I had receipts from PO some items were marked on the parts. I keep dates and part numbers on all of it.

I was planning to share in the near future so it may benefit others.

Here is a snippet of what it is looking like. I keep this on Dropbox so it is available anywhere anytime from any of my devices.
BTW I also keep detailed records on all maintenance performed with cost and part numbers in same spreadsheet. Also have been slowly collecting PDF manuals for everything and putting in my Dropbox.
Attachment 99577

Steve
Looks awesome Steve!
Old 07-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by leitrim View Post
SPK64, I would like to get a copy of your spreadsheet, Excellent idea
Try the link below for a copy of my Maintenance Schedule and Log.

This is still a work in progress and I have been refining for the past year. I started this as a way to try and get all the Previous Owner records in one spot and add my own information. Then started building the schedule portion as there are many systems that require PM on a regular basis.
Along with the Maintenance side I also have a trip log section to document each outing with information from that trip.
I went ahead and left my information in the example to show the level of detail that I am keeping or not keeping.

As I stated before this is in Dropbox along with my growing collection of PDF manuals for the RV. Being in Dropbox I can access from my phone, ipad PC at work, home or anywhere.
I cannot tell you how helpful this is to be able to pull this up while at a store or campground etc.. to reference information or make changes.

I also keep a text document "RV ToDo.txt" in the same Dropbox location. This lets me keep a running list of items to buy and or fix. These later get added to spreadsheet if completed.

RV Maintenance Log

I am sharing this to hopefully help others.

Let me know what you think.

Disclaimer:
It is up to the user to verify their own requirements with regards to frequency and or what to check!
My version was created for a 2002 MADP with a HydroHot system, Spartan MM chassis and Cummins ISL 400.
Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance