Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #1

Your thoughts please on any RV dealers in CT

on any RV dealers in ct whos better or worse (loaded question )

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Never been to CT....but I will guess the better ones might be close to your casa so you won't have to drive 50-500 miles to get your fridge/furnace repaired. Also a clean, well staffed service department with a service manager that you have met face-to-face and seems to be OK.

A dealer that got good reviews on various forums. A dealer who has been in business a long time....and gives you the feeling they will be there in the future. The owner of the dealership.....does he live in the area?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #3

It would help if you said what you are looking for. Makes a difference if you are looking for a class a DP or a pop up.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #4

Start with the rv show at the big e this weekend. You can meet all the dealers.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #5

I am going to that show hope to see a few class A and maybe look at a C, locals don't seem to have too many used class A
Old 02-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
What are you looking for?
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #7

really a older class A 2000 to 2003
Old 02-11-2015, 01:08 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here in NH, the smaller independent dealers (mostly consignment sales) advertise heavily on Craigslist. It seems to be the easiest way to find them.
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #9

I don't recall the name but there is a large one right off of route 91 between hartford and mass. Longview. They have been around for a very long time, sell quality equipment and are very nice to deal with. I didn't buy there but years ago rented a couple of times from them.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Stay away!

Stay away from Crowleys in Bristol. A few years ago, my wife and I were looking at a new MH there. The salesman set us out to look at one in particular. Said he would join us soon. Meanwhile, as we were sitting inside of it, another employee was moving an adjacent unit and backed into the slide of the unit we were in. It pushed it in about a foot or so. The driver got out, looked at what he had just done, then got back in the other unit and parked it. When our salesman came out. I told him what had just happened. He walked out, looked at the impact area, came back inside and said, "I didn't see any damage, nobody will know". My wife and I just looked at each other in shock. Did he really just say that in front of two perspective customers? Needless to say, we went elsewhere and purchased our rig.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:39 AM   #11

Suggestion: Since you are looking for a used class A or a class C you should keep an eye on Craigslist. Don't limit your search to just Connecticut but also look at listings in Mass., Vt., NH and Rhode Island. This will save you lots of money. If you can't find what you need there then hit the dealer's lots.
Winter is not the best time to find a lot of listing. Many private sellers wait until the weather warms up before showing their units. Never buy in the dead of winter as you will be unable to check out systems using water. If you find something that is perfect put a deposit on it and return when the weather warms up to do a complete system run through.
If you do not have a complete knowledge base of RVs find a RV-Pro to inspect any unit you are considering buying.
Also remember most older RVs have old tires that may have to be replaced no matter how good they look...check date codes on tires...motor home tires can be expensive!
Good luck and Happy Camping!

Tags
dealer