Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2013, 03:22 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Zep Clear Shell Mildew Inhibitor

We picked up a bottle at Home Depot to clean the inside of our MoHo. It is suppose to protect for up to 18 months as well. It states the product can be used on awnings as well. I've sent an email inquiring about EPDM roofs as it also lists it can be used on rubber. It did a very nice job on inside and if I can use on the roof it will make a great addition to my maintenance products. We use Awesome for most everything else but not sure about using on EPDM either. Anyway thought I'd share our results with this product.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Thank you for posting this. I've been searching for the ingredient in mold killing products and your post provided the link.

Chitosan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I don't have any idea about it's use on EPDM but it's seems it would be harmless. Hopefully someone will jump in with information for you.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
Thank you for posting this. I've been searching for the ingredient in mold killing products and your post provided the link.

Chitosan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I don't have any idea about it's use on EPDM but it's seems it would be harmless. Hopefully someone will jump in with information for you.
Soon as I here back from Zep I'll post. The back of our curtains had a few spots where rain had gotten on them. I didn't scrub too hard but it did remove some of it. Based on what I've read I guess you could spray the entire backing in advance and eliminate a future problem. When we get our new RV I'm going to treat the entire thing just to prevent any issues.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry, I don't get it? What is this product suppose to protect? or Do? If you have mold in your MH you have moisture and or water entering your MH from somewhere. Your health is at stake.
Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
Soon as I here back from Zep I'll post. The back of our curtains had a few spots where rain had gotten on them. I didn't scrub too hard but it did remove some of it. Based on what I've read I guess you could spray the entire backing in advance and eliminate a future problem. When we get our new RV I'm going to treat the entire thing just to prevent any issues.
Here is the response I rec'd today:

Thank you for contacting us. The Clear Shell Mold & Mildew Inhibitor is safe for use on awnings and an EPDM rubber roof without disturbing the adhesive.

I hope this information is of help. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at zephelp.commercial@zep.com .

Thank you,
Zep Commercial
Customer Relations Department

I've got some very dirty slide covers so this should be interesting to see the results. If this slows down the roof mildew/mold process in between cleaning I'll be very pleased.