Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #1

Zion to Yellowstone

Traveling in 40 Motorhome towing next May from Zion area on the 15 to West Yellowstone. Appreciate your input on RV parks and interesting things to do and see!!
Thank you!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #2

Besides Bryce, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Temple Square, Golden Spike National Historic Monument and the Great Salt Lake, there's not much. But you may need to get off I-15 for part of the trip.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #3

There is also The City of Rocks and various hot springs in southern Idaho to soak tired bones in. There is some of the best trout fishing in the world on the Snake River and Teton rivers.

The most beautiful view I've ever seen of the Tetons was from a Hwy 26 rest area at dawn. The Jackson Hole town square is a must see.

I could spend months exploring between St George UT and West Yellowstone MT.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #4

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin View Post
There is also The City of Rocks and various hot springs in southern Idaho to soak tired bones in. There is some of the best trout fishing in the world on the Snake River and Teton rivers.

The most beautiful view I've ever seen of the Tetons was from a Hwy 26 rest area at dawn. The Jackson Hole town square is a must see.

I could spend months exploring between St George UT and West Yellowstone MT.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On I15 coming into Idaho you can head towards soda springs and hit the Lava hot springs - nice facility with hot and cold pools and some slides and zip lines. Teton flood museum up on hwy 33. Take a detour off 33 towards Driggs Idaho there is green canyon hot springs - not sure that would take a 40ft. St. Anthony sand dunes, ice caves in the area too. If heading to Jackson I like hwy 26 better as there isn't a huge pass but a windy road around the lake between Idaho and alpine Wyoming. Fishing and white water rafting up that way as well.

On hwy 26 if you go that way to Jackson Wyoming in Ririe there is a 7n dinner show that is pretty cool along with Heise hot springs. Cabelas in Idaho Falls but a smaller strip mall store - not for big RV's. Craters of the moon is west of Idaho falls and is pretty cool. There is a nuclear plant museum out there as well. In Rigby Idaho there is the Philo T Farnsworth museum (he invented the television).

A ton of BLM and dry camping out towards west Yellowstone.

Have fun - Idaho is very nice if you know what to look for - I think Nina at wheelingit didn't like the Ririe RV parks. I think palisades damn park would take a 40ft rig.

Jim