Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #15

Jamie
Under the circumstances,I am sure John can make an exception.If not we could just do some rearrenging when we get there .I am sure others would be willing to trade sites when they hear of your situation,if they follow the posts that is.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Jamie, I can't imagine it couldn't be worked out. I can sure understand you wanting to be near your mom..you guys do a lot together..what a pain it would be otherwise. It's not like just wanting to be near friends. You guys would be arriving the same time, right?

Old 02-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

I would venture to guess if yall are not assigned places next to each other, some folks would agree to swap spaces to make this happen.

John is gonna have a tough time getting folks sorted rig size to site size as it is.....

Remember there are supposed to be over sixty rigs he has to sort out. That my friends is a tough job!

John has already posted how he is going to assign rigs. I feel he is doing the best for the rally as a whole the way he is approaching the problem.

Shoot Doris, you may wind up next to me and my FEROCIOUS attack dog Missy the Boston Terrorist! I seem to remember she took a liking to (Or is that LICKED) you when we were visiting at the Branson rally.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Shoot Doris, you may wind up next to me and my FEROCIOUS attack dog Missy the Boston Terrorist! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you have satellite Don, and an outside TV? If not, cute dog or not, then I'm afraid I'll have to move on

And yes, most any of us would switch (assuming we would fit) so that Jamie with two young children, and a husband off working at home, could be next to her parents. I think that's what going camping with your family is all about Heck, I'm going on a rally with people I don't even know (about 50 rigs), and when someone realized my daughter wasn't next to me (I hadn't said anything, just signed her up), she already wrote and asked if I would like to switch. I was very touched..I don't even know this person. So it's the least I would do if possible to get Jamie by her parents.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do you have satellite Don, and an outside TV? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on which rig I bring.......

Mine is already leased for the summer. Planning on coming in a 40' Vogue with a Michell conversion right now. It has in-motion sat. with a outside TV.

But I might just be stuck in one of the Prevosts. One has a outside TV, the other does not......

Missy does not care what rig we are in. Just as long as she can sit in the passenger seat and watch the world go by. Funny as heck when Cathy or one of the kids sit in the passenger seat. Missy sits on the floor looking up as if to say "Who do you think you are sitting in MY seat????".
Old 02-20-2005, 06:18 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
I agree with Doris
I understand that being a wagonmaster is a very difficult and time consuming job. But I also think that Cowgirl-up's request is a very reasonable request to be next to her Mother and Father because the children are used to running back and forth between sites.I would thing that for safety sake it would be the prudent thing to do. I know that when I go camping with my daughter my wife is always helping out with the baby and I know that I would be very upset if my request was denied
Old 02-21-2005, 06:45 PM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
Howdy all! The registration deadline is fast approaching! Please talk the Rally up on the Forums and among your friends and acquaintances. I would really like to fill all the sites!
Old 02-26-2005, 05:59 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am tired of getting slammed over this. For all those who think this job is so easy here is a challenge. I challenge y'all to volunteer to do this job for a future rally.

When I took care of registration for the rally in Nashville, all sites were basically the same size. I didn't have a problem with taking requests. But in doing so I must has re-did the site assignments over a dozen times.

I work full time and sometimes put in 12 or 14 hour days. This CG has extremely varying site sizes and could vary drastically right next to each other. I have already had other requests which were denied. This would mean I open the door for every single request for a special assignment (other than for handicap requests).

I have already been in contact with Cowgirl-Up and she understands that I will do my best to put her next to her parents.

Chill. That's what camping is all about.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Old 02-26-2005, 07:25 PM   #23
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersey Bob:
But I also think that Cowgirl-up's request is a very reasonable request ...
I believe that John has this situation under control.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 02-27-2005, 03:30 AM   #24

I hardly think a small request like was asked by some of the nor'easters could be considered a slamming situation.If it cant be done fine.With all the other rallies under your belt,I am sure this isnt the first time a special request has been made.If you feel like your being ganged up on,were sorry.The Nor'easters tend to stick together in a situation like this.We all know how much work is involved,we read the posts on a daily basis.We know you are doing your best.
When we wanted to be put together you said no and life went on.This is our Rally too!Most of us get a week off a year and we are choosing to spend it with IRV2.So if I feel the need to offer a little input here and there I am sure you will understand.I am looking forward to meeting new people as you are.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Old 02-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
K Star,
Having done a rally myself(my first one) I know how difficult and time consuming it is. You are always going to have requests, you try to do the best to accomodate everyone. I sense your frustration, and I think if you were in certain situations you would ask for certain considerations as well.

You might need to step back and think if you were in certain situations, you would want to make a special request.

2 Boys & My Pups
Old 03-01-2005, 06:47 AM   #26

Andrea and I are going to have to bow out of the National Rally ... (insert a lot of explatives here ) as our daughter is expecting new baby mid June .... After last years fiasco with the rv repair situation we were really looking forward to this years rally. Oh well, best laid plans of mice and men I guess .... so we will just have to look to the 2006 rally

Andrea
Old 03-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
K-Star - You're (& RKamperRV, didn't mean to leave you out!) doing a wonderful job. I just wanted you to know that & that Dave & I appreciate all your efforts.

Until someone actually has organized something like this, they just don't understand what havoc their requests or exceptions can wreak. And once you start it's hard to redraw that line. With a group this size coming together you just cannot make everybody happy & accomodate every situation. Do the best you can & don't be afraid to say "NO". You're the wagonmaster. When the next rally comes around & someone else is organizing it, then they can make the rules. You often have to keep your sanity & the good of the group ahead of the good of the individual in these circumstance.

Keep the faith. I know you'll pull off a great rally!
L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #28

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
It's kind of like herding cats. K-Star I commend you for taking on this job. As always, let logic rule. I hope you can do whatever you can to accomodate people and if you can't just let them know why it's not possible. I think most people will respect that.

Closed Thread