Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The following is a list of the prizes that are being donated by some great friends of RV'rs .

They will be raffled off and we will also have a 50/50 drawing.

The way it will work is you can buy as many raffle tickets as you care to. The price will be $1.00 each, 6 for $5.00, 12 for $10.00 or 25 for $20.00. You will place your ticket in the container of the prize you are interested in. and a winner will be drawn. 50/50 tickets will be the same price.

Corporate Sponsors

Blue Ox
3 - $200.00 Blue Ox product discount coupons.

Camp Chef

<LI> Red Camp Chef Aprons
<LI> Camp Chef Outdoor Cook Books
<LI> 11 PC Outdoor Kitchen Tool Kit

Thin-Lite

<LI> 5 Gift Certificates
<LI> Model 193 (15 watt, 12 volt DC Thin-Lite)

RVupgrades

<LI> 1 Dirt Devil Central Vacuum Systems
<LI> 1 Awning Saver
<LI> 1 Hydra Life Exterior Canister Style
Filter System
<LI> 4 Hand e block Tongue Jack Stabilizers
<LI> 2 Camping Mats 8' 4" x 10'
<LI> 4 Comfort travel Pillows
<LI> 1 each of different style pie irons
<LI> Stayzz shelf organizers

Lazydays RV Resort

$50.00 Gift Certificate

Camping World

<LI> 4 - $25.00 Gift Certificates

Reese Hitches

Tow Champ Towing Bar w/ safety chain and Bumper Brackets.

Len-Rich RV

Cooper Cooler

5 Fire Buddy's

KOA

Camping Voucher for a free nights stay at any KOA.

And a special gift for all attendees

Aqua Saver

Has donated a Aqua Saver unit

Workhorse

National Rally badge and ticket holders.

Fan-Tastic Vent

Endless Breeze 12 volt fan

Walex

Exodor Bio-PAK
Exodor Porta-PAK
Swift laundry detergent

Woodall's

2006 North American Campground Directory
2006 Western America Campground Directory
2-2006 Far West Campground Guides

Valterra Products

4 Deluxe 10' Bayonet Sewer Kits

We have also received a few gifts from a member. Because they we not donated by the manufacturer or a representative I can not list who made them. These prizes include.

<span class="ev_code_RED">$50.00 camping gift certificate</span>
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">2 RV step rugs </span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Awning clamps.</span>

Sonny is donating

5 cup coffee pot

If you have any questions please contact me <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Krylowicz send no spam@cox.net</span>

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Jim,

Wow, these are some great raffle prizes!

Old 03-24-2006, 05:47 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking forward to this ralley, it sounds like it will be a great time. The door prizes are a a great added feature.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
And they are not all up there yet, there are more to come and a few you won't learn about until we get real close. One of which each rig registerd will get a ticket for. It will be a great door prize

So remember if your on the fence about the rally, that the dead line is Mar 31....
Old 03-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #5

I am hoping to walk thru some of the right doors!!! Fire buddy is a pretty handy tool.I had the opportunity to see one in action by a major distributor,pretty impressive.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Wow!

The list of rally raffle prizes keeps getting better, and better, and better!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #7

I don't understand this raffle prize thing. First, who gets the money used to purchase the raffle tickets? Second, I'm under the impression these prizes were donated so why are we paying? And last, what is a 50/50? I guess I was under the impression that these were more of a "door prize" thing rather than an auction. Clearly the odds are in favor for those that have lots of extra money to buy extra tickets so the odds are the high end prizes will go to those that have the most money.
Ok, now I've vented. It will not take a door prize to have a good time at this rally. The line-up sounds good already and keeps getting better.

Wilson(Maltese)
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:28 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy Ken,

I will try to answer your questions about the raffle and door prize part of the rally. As to who gets the funds raised, they go in a few directions. I'll explain...... Funds raised go towards "Startup funds" for the next years rally. IF there is excess they go to IRV2.COM to offset the costs associated with keeping the forum running. (The costs of keeping the forum running would surprise you, they surprised me) I did not add "Fat" to the rally budget. I try to add as much "Bang for the buck" as I can for folks attending the rally. In other words make it as cost effective as I can.

The 50/50 is a raffle where what is in "The pot" is split 50/50 with the person whose ticket is drawn and the startup fund for next years rally.

I will give you one example of how donations help keep the cost down for each user. The rally hall we will be using for the "Welcome Dinner" along with the "Breakfast" and "Yearly Meeting" cost a little over $500.00. That cost for this years rally is being paid for by a RV Dealership. Several other costs are also being covered by that Dealership to a tune of $1,200.00 so far. (The Dealer is the one listed at the top of the page)

Those are the long answers. The short is that I am gambling there are enough funds raised by the raffle to cover the needs for startup of next years rally. But, do not think for a minute there will not be "Extras" members will get. I personally am paying for the "Big Door Prize" which is NOT part of the raffle. I know WHAT I am going to have, I am just going to wait until I get there to buy it. I have a LOT of stuff related to the rally to load into the rig. I REALLY don't want to be tripping over that big box too the whole way to TN.

Jim (Kablewizard) and I are working on something else right now that will be added to each "Packet" each attendee will receive that will surely be useable by EVERY person who uses any type rig. Hopefully I have answered your questions and explained the how and why the raffle is being done.

Catch Ya Later,

Don
Old 04-01-2006, 03:47 AM   #9

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the very thorough explanation. I never did give much thought to how IRV2 gets funded or who is donating the time but a big thanks from me. I'm sure there has been a lot of time (and money) donated already to this rally. Looking forward to sharing a beverage or two with you.
Ken

Wilson(Maltese)
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:51 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Looking forward to sharing a beverage or two with you.

Sounds like a PLAN to ME!!! Lookin FORWARD to it.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You and Jim have put alot of time and work into this rally, I will have a cool one in fridge waiting also. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:44 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You and Jim have put alot of time and work into this rally,
Well yes the rally has taken and will take a lot of time. Actually I have been working on this since Jan. of 2005. Richard (Hitchhiker) has been right there with me the whole time. But I KNEW what I was getting into because I have done them before. (Several weekend rallies and the 2002 National)

Jim is working his tush off with the raffle stuff. Sandy (Madam Boomer) has done and is doing several things that are "Under the Radar" right now.

OF course Bill (Warpath) is right in the thick of things too.

Tom "Sunny" turned on his charm and helped a LOT getting the campground contract signed.

At "Rally Time" there are several others who have stepped up to greet yall and show ya to your sites. Others to do a number of other things.

I could not do this WITHOUT all the help/support other members provide.

But everything will be all worth it when we see the forum members having fun at the rally.

By the way........

The 2007 Rally contracts have been signed already. Yall will have to wait until the yearly meeting in TN to find out when, where and who is the "Chief in charge" for that one. (Of course I will be involved, but I AIN'T THE CHIEF for that one. There is a "New Chief in town" for the 2007.)
Old 04-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #13
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well I guess I better stock up the fridge we will have to throw a large party.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #14

Hey Don....

Great answer! Keep those $'s coming in...It helps us all! Got a suggestion....Everyone wants a door prize so have everyone donate one.Everyone has something around their RV that they really don't need so have them wrap it up and give it in as a door prize. Then everyone gets something. Now to prevent anyone from wrapping up last night's beer cans, set some simple rules like: Item must be clean, useable and in good condition.I did this wih a fishing tournament once and it was a great success. Everyone cleaned out their tackle box. You'll be pleasantly surprised with what you get!And everyone becomes a winnner!One person's junk is another's treasure. Opening the prize can be humorous for everyone!