Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those interested fly fishermen/fisherladies I have arranged a guided fishing trip on the White River below Table Rock Dam just south of downtown Branson.

The trip is set for July 19, 2007.

This trip is a fly fishing trip and we will be wading and boating depending on conditions at the time.

You should bring your own equipment and waders. Some basic equipment (except waders) is available from the guides, but there may be an added cost.

The trip can accomodate 5 to 6 people and the cost will be about $110 per person. The cost will be seperately collected from the IRV2 costs and we will have to pay 30 days in advance.

I will be adding more current info to this post, so make sure if you are interested read all of the postings on this topic.

Tight Lines !!!
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those interested fly fishermen/fisherladies I have arranged a guided fishing trip on the White River below Table Rock Dam just south of downtown Branson.

The trip is set for July 19, 2007.

This trip is a fly fishing trip and we will be wading and boating depending on conditions at the time.

You should bring your own equipment and waders. Some basic equipment (except waders) is available from the guides, but there may be an added cost.

The trip can accomodate 5 to 6 people and the cost will be about $110 per person. The cost will be seperately collected from the IRV2 costs and we will have to pay 30 days in advance.

I will be adding more current info to this post, so make sure if you are interested read all of the postings on this topic.

Tight Lines !!!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is some great info about Trout fishing in the Branson area....use this link

www.branson.com/branson/lakes/taney.htm
Old 07-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know it is early, but if you may be interested in this outing, please post your interest.

I spoke with our guide today and he is planning to provide both a wade and float trip with an extra guide and boat if needed.

I fished these waters south of Branson 2 years ago and unless conditions are extremely poor, you will catch more trout in a single day than ever before.

You will need 5wt fly rods, tapered leaders with 4X tippets. Additionally try to learn up stream mending as the current will be fast.

If you have specific concerns either ask here or PM me.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Ted, THANK YOU for taking this on, it sounds like a great time....

As the plans for the Rally move forward and once the sign-up page is up and running, I think more and more folks will get the urge to hook one...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #6

Hi FLYTYER. I just signed up for the rally (hope there is still room), but I would be very interested in the White River fishing trip. Haven't fished it before but have good friends who fish it frequently and love it. Let me know how to proceed further with this request.

Thanks for planning this.

2008 EXDP 4502
txwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Congrats on your rally registration, it will be added to the list on Monday morning when the iRV2 store account is updated...

As far as the fishing trip, I will get in touch with Ted and have him contact you direct.
I'm not sure how often he checks this topic,but I will take care of this for you Sir.

Looking forward to meeting you in Branson!

Bob
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #8

Thanks Bob. Thanks also with your help with uploading my photo's, and posting my mudflap photo on the Newmar Owners Forum "Mud Flap Modification" thread. I'll wait to hear from FLYTYER.

Looking forward to meeting you in Branson also.

King

2008 EXDP 4502
txwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by txwino:
Hi FLYTYER. I just signed up for the rally (hope there is still room), but I would be very interested in the White River fishing trip. Haven't fished it before but have good friends who fish it frequently and love it. Let me know how to proceed further with this request.

Thanks for planning this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many thanks for your interest. I have purposely put off trying to instill more interest until April. I have remained in contact with the "guide" and will soon provide the details for our interested IRV2 members. From what I have received via emails it looks like we will have a great day on the White River.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
What is the ultra power upgrade, and was it worth it
flytyer72001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flytyer72001:
What is the ultra power upgrade, and was it worth it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you are new member. Welcome to the IRV2 community. Here you will find just about everything you would need to know about RVing and the various RV's that exist. There is great help available here for addressing RV problems and fixing stuff. We have great sponsors and supporters for each of the forums so you can count on a lot of assistance.

Also please consider joining in our 2007 National Rally...the info is at the top of this forum section.

While you mis-posted your question in the wrong forum, I can tell you that the Ultrapower Upgrade is a software modification of the Engine Control Module. The cost is a bit pricey, but in my opinion, the gains in HP, Torque and MPG make it worth it. With the improved MPG (varies by how the coach is loaded and driven) the payback in gas savings eventually makes up the cost.

Please go to the Workhorse Chassis Owners Forum for great info and the full story on the Ultrapower Upgrade.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #12

Fly Fishing always ounds fun. Keep me posted
PairoDocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Updated Info....Please read !!

Hello Folks. I am sure we all will have a great time at the IRV2 Rally 2007 in Branson.

As part of the activities there will be a guided fly fishing trip on Thursday, July 19, 2007. I have contacted a reliable guiding service who will provide our guides.

In order to make final arrangements, I need to find out how many people are interested.

Once I know how many are interested I can finalize the cost per person. Currently I believe the cost will be $125 per person. This cost will include a guide, boats (conditions permitting), flies, and lunch. Individuals will provide their own fly rods, leaders, waders and other personal items. A Missouri non-residence fishing license will be required.

Payment shall be by a pre-dated check made out to the guide service. I will need to receive the check by June 15. I will collect the checks and hold them until the end of the trip. If the trip is cancelled, I will return each check at the rally or by mail.

If you are definitely interested, please contact me directly by email at: tctrostle@verizon.net

If you are a bass fisherman, please let me know. On nearby Table Rock Lake there are plenty of opportunities for bass fishing too.

Ted Trostle (FlyTyer)

150 Village Drive
State College, PA

Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYTYER:
Updated Info....Please read !!

Hello Folks. I am sure we all will have a great time at the IRV2 Rally 2007 in Branson.

As part of the activities there will be a guided fly fishing trip on Thursday, July 19, 2007. I have contacted a reliable guiding service who will provide our guides.

In order to make final arrangements, I need to find out how many people are interested.

Once I know how many are interested I can finalize the cost per person. Currently I believe the cost will be $125 per person. This cost will include a guide, boats (conditions permitting), flies, and lunch. Individuals will provide their own fly rods, leaders, waders and other personal items. A Missouri non-residence fishing license will be required.

Payment shall be by a pre-dated check made out to the guide service. I will need to receive the check by June 15. I will collect the checks and hold them until the end of the trip. If the trip is cancelled, I will return each check at the rally or by mail.

If you are definitely interested, please contact me directly by email at: tctrostle@verizon.net

If you are a bass fisherman, please let me know. On nearby Table Rock Lake there are plenty of opportunities for bass fishing too.

Ted Trostle (FlyTyer)

150 Village Drive
State College, PA

16803 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Time is slowly running short on finalizing arrangements for this fishing trip. Some have expressed interest, but have not confirmed they will join us.

PLease contact me ASAP by email(address above) or PM if you will participate.