Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandra, as Rusty said, we will be making plans in a few months for a caravan or two. We will probably head up for a day or two early to give us some time to visit in NE Oklahoma. May do it coming back instead. We'll keep you in mind when we start to formulate plans.

The Texas Boomers would be pleased to have someone from LA to join in on the trip.

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 AM   #44

Ken and Rusty,

Thanks I will let dh know. He does not like me traveling w/o him. ds15 will be there and can handle the setting up/hitching up of the camper by himself so, as long as dh does not have to worry about the road trip, he should be fine with us going.

I will also look into us going should we still be here in NC. Not sure of the best route from here to there. Don't really want to go through the mountains.

Thanks again for the hospitality. As the army makes up its mind, I will let you guys know.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:20 AM   #45
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">will also look into us going should we still be here in NC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra,

If you are still in NC, Sylvia and I would be happy to travel with you to the Rally. We're in Western NC but could meet up with y'all at the I-26/I-81 interchange near Kingsport, TN.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #46

Richard,

Do ya'll take 81 to 40? I think we would go 40 west through Asheville and it looks like 81 ends at 40. Not sure though. I think it is a full days drive for us from Ft. Bragg to that point. We only drive 6-8 hrs a day usually. With the tv in the new van, we may be able to drive longer because the littles will be more distracted.

My map ends at Memphis so I can't tell if 40 goes straight to Branson. How long does it take you to get to Branson from your location? It looks like a 2 day drive from there. Do ya'll drive straight through, or stop?

If we are still in NC, dh will be with us, but it still would be nice to caravan with someone.

I really wish we could have made it to last year's rally. We love the Smokies, but our schedule was hectic.

I can't wait to find out something definite from the army so I can make our plans. I will ask dh if I can at least put a deposit down on the rally and plan on being there no matter where we are.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bring your "best" Hillbilly Attire as there will be a Costume Contest after Dinner!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BOB: Now that you have thrown down this challenge, I feel it is only fair that I warn you! I have a very special "outfit" made for this contest two years ago at the WCMC rally held in Branson. It is complete with iRV2.com emblazzoned across the chest, so I'm sure to be the odds on favorite to win!! I can only hope it still fits ED
Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #48

Mid Atlantic Campers
We're signed up! C'mon summer!
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #49

OK, no more procrastinating. I finally did it. I pre registered! Now just waiting on dh's orders to find out where we will be and if he will be here when we go.

Looks like it will be Ft. Polk though and that he will be deployed. I ordered my triptik from AAA to Branson from Bragg, but now will order one from Polk that way I have that covered. Just wish the army would hurry up and let us know one way or the other.

BTW, MonacoMama, thank you so much for your support and looking out for me. It touched my heart immensely. Can't wait to meet you.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:03 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandra

I won't be making this trip, but have been to other rallies (except 2). you'll have lots of fun and meet a lot of nice people.

AND - You know that military motto - Hurry Up and Wait!

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 AM   #51

Appalachian Campers
The remaining available sites are getting snapped up fast, two more were reserved last night. If you're planning to attend and haven't preregistered, it might be a good idea to do it now before they're all gone.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #52

Texas Boomers Club
If there is still room at your rally, my husband and I would like to come. Please send the information that we'll need to hold a spot for us, we will prepay when you contact us and let us know the full amount and what we need to do. This sounds like a LOT OF FUN!

Glenn & Eileen Norman

Life may not be the party you were hoping for, but as long as you're here, you might as well dance!!
Trekker Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:51 AM   #53

Appalachian Campers
Hello Glenn & Eileen,

Welcome to iRV2, we're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them.

As you'll see, they're eager to help and share their knowledge and experiences with others.

You'll find all the information needed for the rally in these forums, the first page of this thread has the itinerary and you can click here for a link to the pricing of the various venues. To register, it's done online through this website and clicking this link will take you to our registration page.

We still have several spaces available, however as posted earlier, they are going fast. You may interested in our Texas Boomers group, they have a caravan of nearly a dozen rigs coming to the rally. Look in our South Central Region forum for more information about them.

Again, welcome to iRV2, we're glad you're planning to come to the Rally.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #54

Appalachian Campers
Today, there are five (5) out of a total of 70 rally sites remaining; if you're wanting to attend you might want to grab one soon so you don't have to be placed on a waiting list. Click this link to see the Registration List.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #55
Administrator Emeritus

We WILL have a prize for the farthest traveled...

As this is looking real close to a sell out,I have contacted the campground and am working with them to get more sites...

Ya better snag the four we still have, JUST IN CASE!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bob,
What a thought.. It would be great to meet all of the great people who post here on IRV2!

SacsTC & I would love to be coming back there for the Rally but I am considered a "new employee" after the business that I worked at for 8 years was sold. I lost all my accrued vacation time and have just built up some paid time off - but not enough to get us there and back. They also won't give me extra time off at one time for reasons I won't go into here - but we will be at the first rally we can once I have vacation time where they cannot dictate when I take it.

BTW - In my job I do get to meet other RVers (most of them are TT folks) I do pass on this website and encourage them to visit - and explain it is even more fun to sign up and post! I am doing my part to promote IRV2!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote