Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Fantastic Rally! Sharon, Bella and I had to depart one day early, but I'm telling you what...we had a FANTASTIC time for 7 long days. Sandy and her team of volunteers really did it up in a big way. This was our first National and I hope we can make many, many more. Sadly though, we made our 150 mile trek back to Wonderful Waco this afternoon and now that the unpacking is just about done, it'll be time to sit back and think about all the great friendships we made and how we will miss everyone. But hey......it isn't good-bye...it's, "see ya at the next rally ya'll"!
Bill-Sharon-Bella(Our Beagle) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:34 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's over---
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #31
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well the last of the major group have departed, what a FANTASTIC Rally, enjoyed by all who attended. After Dinner last evening most everyone sat around the campfire and enjoyed chatting. Many new friends were made and old frindships renewd. Sandy you did an outstanding job. Thanks so much we all Love Ya, remember it's not goodbye but, see ya'll later. The few left will pull out tomorrow morning.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
What a great time. We really hated for it to end and head home. Sandy did a fantastic job keeping us organized and just busy enough and with some free time.

The only down side was nothing to do with the rally, but the campground had really spotty and variable WiFi service...mostly none for me. Some were able to search out and find a signal for a short time.

It was fun and too short.

ken and Susan
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #33
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
We are home safe & sound. Unloading in progress ugh! Will post link to slides of yesterdays activities later today.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #34
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I have to agree with Ken, we had a great time and the 7 days with everyone went by way to fast. We didn't get to say good bye to everyone, but AZ is a long way from TX. so the best to everyone and have a safe trip. We are spending the night in Tucumcari, NW and taking our time going home, most likely getting in Wed. or Thurs. We will post again when we get home.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Well we made home after trying to run over the rocks on the way out of the park. Had to unhook the toad, back up, free up the exhaust pipe, make the corner, hook the toad back up and leave. We had a small problem in Gatesville getting into the Wal Mart gas station. I just pretended that I was the gas hauler and took the necessary room I needed Other that that it was a nice ride home. We never hit the freeway so no traffic to speak of.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
WE had a great time. All the eating and activities we need a vacation from the rally. Thank you so much all for a great week. We really enjoyed our old friends and meeting new friends.............

Living the good life with Texas Boomer Friends
ajn/cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Our convoy left around 9am with Creekmores, Wurch, Elliotts, Wilson and me bringing up the rear and made it back home in about 7 hours. We hit every slow moving vehicle there was between Perrin and Stephenville, had a "hiccup" in Hico ( what happened on the bypass in Stephenville will stay in Stephenville!) and then we dodged wide WIDE loads from Hico to Waco and made it on home without further incident about 4pm!

Tonight, I too pooped to even blog! Let me get a good nights sleep with my much-missed pups and I'll be up and running tomorrow!

My heart is still in Perrin watching the sun set!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
This was my first National Rally and what a fantastic experience! Madame Boomer made it so special! All the planning that went into this rally made it a well-organized and FUN event. I was sad to have to leave and come home. I had a fun trip home following Ray and Annette. We stopped at a really neat BBQ place and wood furniture store. I'm glad my trip home was much better than my trip there.

Madame Boomer! You are one awesome lady!

Thank you irv2.com for offering this opportunity to meet all the wonderful people I got to know at the rally!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #39

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We pulled in at 8 this even after a little over 20 hours. The drive stinks, but the rally was awesome! Really loved the area and would place it in my top 5 favorites. Sandy and volunteers did a spectacular job, and the "kiddos" talked about the rally the whole way home.

Hope to see some of the iRV2 family and next years reunion!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #40

Texas Boomers Club
We made it home about 4:30 pm. Made good time on good roads. Had a little delay in Stephenville where something poked a hole in one of Marvin and Gail's RV tires. He changed it in the Fina Station parking area and we headed out again.

The rally was great and we thank Madam Boomer and other volunteers again. We are going to try to make the national rally next year.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Good Morning, Went to bed early last night after the fun week we just had and the long drive home. Got home a 6:30 PM and I was really ready to relax. Now I am up and enjoying and reminder the week in the photo's & replies.

We stopped at the Clark's Botannical gardens, that was listed in the Rally's events brochure. You all should have come. It was really beautiful and the G-trains we Cho Cho ing inside the train station going thru Perrin, Mineral Wells, Jackboro and a couple more towns, beside running outside between waterfalls, plants and rocks.

We came home on thru Weatherford, Hillsboro, Waco and College Station. He had no problems and the views were great.

Thanks to all for a great week!

Sue & Samantha
Sue Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #42
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Click here for the last day set of pictures.

This will the final link to some of the pictures taken on the last day of the National Rally. I am sure Sandy will be along soon to give us a wrap up of a wonderful week of fun and friendship.