Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is a real shame that the rally is over. The pictures make me realize what a great time we had and many thanks to Sandy, aka Madame Boomer, for all of the time and effort she put into seeing that we all had a wonderful time. The "young ones" were a pleasure to have as part of the rally.

Thank you one and all for a great week!

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #44
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
we made it to Los Alamos, had a great trip we like 2 short days a few hours on the road and we rest. We will be here a few days then head home. Hope everyones having a safe trip.

Jim (SSG US Army Ret.) and Cheri (TSG Phx ANG Ret.) Mesa, AZ
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Mega Cab Diesel | 2005 Honda Goldwing | 2006 35' Dune Chaser 5th Wheel
Kablewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Here it is Sunday and many of us are back at home preparing to resume "daily life" tomorrow morning.... My heart wants to be in Perrin!

There are so many people to thank for the wonderful week we had at National REUNION this past week. It would take pages to list accolades to each attendee who pitched in to help make every event smooth and special - I know I'd forget one. Please accept this as my heartfelt, sincerest appreciation to each one for all their help.

National Reunions (I love this word!!!) isn't about one person, it takes everyone pulling together to make a success of any event. It would not have come together as it did without each person's part.

My heart is overjoyed as I back over the daily events, but at the same time my heart is heavy because it's over and I know it may be awhile before I see old friends and new friends again.

We will carry many good memories with us of our time in Perrin, but the ones that bring the most satisfaction are those where new friendships were formed by folks from all across the country: Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas, Arizona and Texas. It will make the next National Reunion all the more special.

If you took photos during the week and didn't get them to us, PLEASE DO SO by <span class="ev_code_RED">August 1st</span>. You can email them to don.allen@texasboomers.net or sandycreekmore@texasboomers.net. If you need to mail them, please email us privately (or post a private message) for our addresses.

We will be working on the 2008 NATIONAL RALLY CD during August and I'd like to get them out to each member by Sept 1. It takes awhile to sort through 1000 photos!!!

Happy trails to you - until we meet again...and thanks for the memories!

2000 - Texas Boomers Wagonmaster - 2016
2004 & 2008 iRV2 National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #46
We made it safely to Alabama. We spent Sunday night in Shreveport (and if you thought Perrin was hot believe me Shreveport had it beat. We spent Monday night in Lafayette ( a wee bit cooler) and came to Mobile to drop Darby off today. When her mom picked her up she started re telling all the fun she had...she had already told them on the phone every day. Her mom's car was filled with all the goodies she got and could not wait to get home to show them.

As for our little (?) family....we had the time of our lives. Sandy if anyone had ever told me I would be on top of a long horned bull, I would have told them they were NUTS! But we did it, didn't we? Seeing the Stockyard area and dancing at Billy Bob's were dreams that came true. Thanks for taking me along for the fun. You know that Darby is showing the pictures of us on the bull to everyone she sees.

Thanks to everyone (old friends and new ones) who made our children feel so special. Kimberly now thinks she is a movie star. Thanks to the young adults who made her feel really special when they all "danced" with her.
They don't always understand what is going on but you can see by their smiles and the gleem in their eyes they feel the love. And they love music so they were in "heaven" all week.

Shawnee could not wait to get to Amanda's. (Where we are staying) and now wants to know when he is going to the rally and eat. Needless to say, he enjoyed ALL the food.

I could not wait to tell everyone about the banana split. That was something to behold and talk about delicious. Wish I had some right now.

Thanks again to everyone for making this a special week for us.

Sandy, I am glad I do not have to plan the next rally.....you are a hard act to follow. You did more than an outstanding job. You made everyone of every age feel special and wanted.
Thank you for all you did. It was hard work but you made it look easy.....which we all know wasn't. We love you and we do appreciate all you did. God Bless You.

Now get some rest!!!!!

Ken may sign this thing retired and happy but my signature is "tired and happy".
Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:28 AM   #47
My little Charcoal doggy & I stayed a few extra days in Perrin after all the hoopla had ended. We are back home now.

Thanks again for everything.

'02 Thor Wanderer 315RL (35") 5ver pulled by TrailorSafe AirRide hitch on SCT X3 tuned '02 Ford F250 Power Stroke 7.3L Turbo Super Cab with K&N cold air intake & MagnaFlow 4" exhaust
MtnVision is offline   Reply With Quote