Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Greetings from Perrin Texas!

I am unfeaturing the previous threads on the forum and starting this new topic for us to keep everyone posted on the events of the 2008 National Rally here in Perrin! Be sure to tune in every day for updates, photos, slide shows of the events and posts from those here in Perrin! I PROMISE they'll be interesing!!!!!

A good number of folks couldn't wait for the party to begin so there's been a steady stream of incoming arrivals here at Mitchell RV Park since last Wednesday.

Many have learned that some GPS systems as well as others and a few got lost trying to find us! I was afraid we'd have to send out the troops to find them on some of the back roads of North Texas, but eventually everyone made it in!

Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Greetings from Perrin Texas!

I am unfeaturing the previous threads on the forum and starting this new topic for us to keep everyone posted on the events of the 2008 National Rally here in Perrin! Be sure to tune in every day for updates, photos, slide shows of the events and posts from those here in Perrin! I PROMISE they'll be interesing!!!!!

A good number of folks couldn't wait for the party to begin so there's been a steady stream of incoming arrivals here at Mitchell RV Park since last Wednesday.

Many have learned that some GPS systems as well as others and a few got lost trying to find us! I was afraid we'd have to send out the troops to find them on some of the back roads of North Texas, but eventually everyone made it in!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Hello to Sandy and all the rally attendees, I'm certain all of you are having a great time at the rally and had a safe trip getting there. Sorry Sylvia and I couldn't make it this year but it just wasn't in the cards for us this time.

Sandy has a fun filled week packed full of activities and events so I know you'll all enjoy the rally and camaraderie of the event. I'm looking forward to the updates, photos, and slide shows of the events and posts from those there.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, we got to Perrin yesterday. (With fresh roadkill)

Ken and I smoked up the roadkill yesterday afternoon. Last night there were only three families brave enough to eat teh roadkill. (TxIceman and Susan, Kablewizard and crew and my crew) All the others chickened out and went to the green frog buffet. The roadkill was GOOOOOOD! Those the went to the frop place missed out on some good vittles.

Then after supper we hung out by my rig unitl around midnight. Some of the "Frog crew" stopped by when they got back as well.

It jest don't get no beter than this! Good grub and good company.

Oh yea, we discussed how you "Po-Folk" that ain't here were sho missin out.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
We are having a GREAT time and the Rally hasn't even officially started. Some of us just couldn't wait to get here and had to come in early. I'm glad I did!

Oh yes, I am one of the ones who needed much assistance getting here. I was greated by applause when I finally arrived.

Don promised that blackmail quality photos will be coming soon.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BRAT...You just LOVE rubbing it in that some of us "Po'-Folk" have to work!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would I do thaaaat???
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Arrived to a hot Perrin and lots of folks here already. Those of you that are not coming will miss a really good time. Need to get off the computer and get busy having fun.....Off to Wally World first, with a must get list from Madame Boomer.

Ken
Old 07-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Welcome Supper and Old West Rodeo

The official "festivities" began last night at 6pm with a catered meal (bbq'ed brisket, chicken and sausage with all the fixin's) followed by the MOST UNIQUE rodeo in iRV2's history!

A day in the life of a cowboy was the theme and we all learned to ride a horse, rope a calf, "shoe" a colt, yodel, rope a bull by the horns, shoot a target (or not!) and patties were provided for the cow chip toss!

Richard Palmer took the prize for riding his "horse" around the barrels beating out Don Fauntleroy who fell off his horse while running neck and neck with daughter, Ashley!

12 contestants each had a chance to rope their "calf" blindfolded! It proved to be a hard task for some to pull it to them, turn it over and tie all 4 legs together! Bob Wurch took the prize sending Ashley Fauntleroy flying 6 feet off the "calf" landing square on her bottom!

"shoe-ing" a colt proved to be not as easy as one might think as the contestants lined up one by one to try their hand at it. Gayle Nelson beat 'em all with a good eye, straight arm and high-flying toss that landed just right!

Annie Oakley would not have been even a close match for sharp-shooter Sharon Cadola who landed her shot in the pocket ....over the shoulder!

Jacki Dominy showed no fear approacing the bull and roped him by the horns on the 2nd try. That ole bull snorted and sent the rest of the contenders back to their seats defeated!

Alyssa Krylowicz stole the show and proved she could out shine Bill Cason and Jeannie Odenthall...not to mention about 8 others! One little "yodel-aea-yodel-ooo-e" melted our hearts and would have made Miss Patsy Montana a proud yodeler!

12 contestents stepped up to the pile of patties and tried their hand at tossing cow chips across the room! The duel began between Bill Rowell and Jerrel Cook (our national rally caterer) and went for several intense rounds before Jerrel ended up slinging pies through the air to the back of the rally hall beating out Bill by mere inches! We're all happy to see these two guys don't mind getting down and dirty!

I'm sure we all went to bed last night with a sign of relief that we aren't real cowboys, but it sure was fun to be a part of an Old West Rodeo for one night!

Click on this link to see some of the fun!

Click Here to view 1st set of pictures
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Richard Palmer took the prize for riding his "horse" around the barrels beating out Don Fauntleroy who fell off his horse while running neck and neck with daughter, Ashley! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still say Ashley tripped my "Horse" which caused my "Tumble".

But being the determined fella I am (Read hard headed with a don't give up attitude into that) I was able to catch up with my steed, get re-mounted and re-enter the race. Even with the tumble I was STILL to able give them a "Run for the money" and make it a close race.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #10
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy Ya'll from Perrin,Tx. Well its been a busy couple days since we got in Saturday around lunch. After we got set up Cheri said I had to go to Wall world and I said sure. Everyone here thought I was lost, I was gone for like 3 hours. The first mistake was letting me take the motorcycle, but it all started with these farm road numbers. I dont see any rime or reason o how these things are numberd they aint in no order and they are everywhere. Not seeing the number I want I kept heading south, I knew the free way was there and wasnt worried. I was told that the reason we didn't see it when we came in was because it was the next exit. So when I got to 20 I headed east on the freeway. I got off on the next exit and looked around and the road didnt go anyplace dirt road on both sides of the freeway so that wasnt it. I did this severaql times and finalyy called Don for directions and the right exit number. Like I told everyone here, I may not always know where I am going, but when I am on the bike I don't worry and I can always get back.

Dinner last night was great and the next few days will be filled too.

Time to get a move on I have a raffel to get ready for.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Having a really great time we came in early on Thursday, to get an early set up. Welcomed in many of the rigs comming in. Weather a bit warm but bearable, decent breeze most of the time. Beautiful park, nice 9 hole 3par golf course, nice pools, plenty for the adults and kidos to do. Last nights rodeo and dinner were fantastic. Pictures are being dowloaded now to post on the site.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike & Amber:
Having a really great time we came in early on Thursday, to get an early set up. Welcomed in many of the rigs comming in. Weather a bit warm but bearable, decent breeze most of the time. Beautiful park, nice 9 hole 3par golf course, nice pools, plenty for the adults and kidos to do. Last nights rodeo and dinner were fantastic. Pictures are being dowloaded now to post on the site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Mike & Amber...Are you uploading to a different photo site and not the iRV2 site? I have been monitoring the photo section waiting to approve photos but none are there yet...

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Hi, everyone. We've been thinking of you and praying for safe travel for everyone. Sure wish we could have made it this year, Mitchell's park is a big favorite of ours. Our granddaughter's wedding was Saturday the 19th, and since she has been living with us, our house was pretty much "wedding central". The wedding was beautiful and went perfectly in spite of 100+ temperatures. Since I took a week vacation for the wedding I couldn't get another week for the rally. But rest assured we'll be envious this week thinking of y'all having so much fun and so much good food. Hopefully we'll see some of you soon.

Diane and Bob Berner
Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #14

Hello Everyone!!

Sounds like you all are already having more fun than is allowed! Karen and I wish we could have made this year but"¯life"¯ has gotten in the way again. You all better watch out for Don's roadkill he learned how to cook that up the last time he was in the Ozarks looking for giant chickens. Also watch out for him trying to "FIX"¯ horse races. We are looking forward to hearing and seeing pictures of the fun you are having!

Jack