Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #43
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob (WA0MQE):
If you're going to have a Rally in June or July, why don't you pick a state that's a little cooler and the humidity isn't so bad? Or move the Rally to early May or maybe September if you are going to have it in Texas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had such a time at the 04 rally that we didn't notice the heat.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #44
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
It was hotter in Branson for the '07 and even hotter yet in Seivierville, TN for the '06 than it was for the one we had in Texas back in '04. You just can never tell about the weather.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #45
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The most important factor in ALL the decisions is to have someone to organize the National Rally. I agreed to step up to the plate because the decision makers asked for it to be in this area.

There have been discussions amongst the Owners, Administrators and Moderators to move the National to the latter part of June. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandy makes very good points and I wanted to emphasize them a bit...

Given the basic parameters which Sandy also dicussed relative to the "where" and "what" goes on at a National Rally, Bill and I are wide open to hearing from ANY member that wishes to step to the plate with an idea of
where THEY would like to host a rally and what this particular location has to offer.
We've consciously made an effort to stay as central in the U.S. as feasibly possible with a few exceptions, in order to allow as many folks from every region to attend.

Something I find hilarious with respect to the National Newmar Owners club I belong to is that wherever their National Rally is held, there's always more coaches from Florida than from any other State, so maybe in some circles distance doesn't mean what we think it does.
That remains to be proven with the iRV2 crowd as that's not been the case in the past...

We are in fact working to move the rally back to the latter part of June in hopes of escaping the heat a bit, but there are no plans to move the date of the National Rally into the school year.
My school aged daughter would have what's left of my scalp if she was to miss a National...

Thank you all for your continued support of what I feel is the greatest RV site on the internet and I look forward to seeing you all in Perrin!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
I see your point Sandy. It's easy to sit at home and question these types of things without realizing how much effort is put into getting them organized. I applaud you and the others that go to the effort setting these things up.

Thanks for the invite. We just might try and make it. Although this next summer is going to be a bit busy for us. We are putting the house on the market and making plans for becoming full-timers for awhile. Depending on how the house sale goes, we just might be free and have nothing holding us back. If so I'm sure I can convince my wife to take a quick trip to Perrin.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Bob -

You're one of the lucky ones getting ready to retire....oh I'm so jealous! Hubby and I are about 2-3 years away and anxious to get our house sold and build our new "dream home" on our property in South Texas. Once we're settled in, we'll be hitting the road as well...first stop COLORADO!!!!

I wish you well on your quest and HOPE that the timing is right for you and Mrs. Bob to come to Texas to meet up with a great bunch of folks from all over!

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #48
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Madame Boomer,
We pre registered for the 08 rally today, #1646. Pls add our name to the list.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #49

Would like to attend will wait before comitment as had the 07 ralley all payed for lost the whole thing due to the death of my brother will see when the time comes closer.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #50
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles:
Would like to attend will wait before comitment as had the 07 ralley all payed for lost the whole thing due to the death of my brother will see when the time comes closer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miles, you are due a complete refund less the $50 non refundable deposit and I've been remiss in sending the payments out, due to receiving them late from the campground and then having to travel TWICE to Newmar for coach repairs since the rally.
I apologize for the delay and will get your check to you in the next couple of days.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #51

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The 03 National was in Nashville, the 04 was in the San Antonio, Texas area (and the temperatures never got over 85), the 05 National was in the Pennsylvania Amish country. 06 was in Sevierville, Tennessee and 07 was in Branson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just curious. I went to a national in Branson (the first one, not '07), where Don was Wagon Master. What year was that held? I don't see it in your list.We were told we were very lucky, that it was cooler than usual (didn't feel like that to us, so I guess we were really lucky).
Old 10-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #52
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Doris,

The 2002 National Rally was held in Branson.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:00 AM   #53
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sandy your HERE is not working.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Roger

I am thinking that Warpath is working on the paypal site getting the Rally Package online this weekend. He might have changed the url... I clicked on the link above this site and it takes me right to the pre-registration link, but I'm not sure if that link has changed since I put it "here" on my signature. We'll keep a watch on it through the weekend...

Edit @ 7:43 PM CDT Saturday - seems to be working OK now.

Sandy
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #55
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Madame Boomer:
The Texas Boomers and our great State are welcoming our iRV2.COM friends across the country to come join us for the 2008 National Rally!

Set aside the daily pressures, hectic schedules, throw your watch away for the week and head to where the "old west" began to find that inner "cowpoke" in all of us!

<span class="ev_code_RED">WHEN</span>
Sunday, July 20th to Saturday, July 26th 2008

<span class="ev_code_RED">WHERE</span>
Mitchell RV Resort - Perrin, Texas
Website

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">A STEP BACK IN TIME....JUST OFF THE BEATEN PATH</span>

Mitchell RV Resort is located 50 miles NW of Ft Worth, Texas between Mineral Wells and Weatherford, just off US281 north of IH20.

The resort, built in the early 1970s, is situated on 175 acres and has been renovated to accomodate our every need:

<span class="ev_code_RED">The slide show of Mitchell RV Park has been edited and uploaded for everyone to see this unique RV Resort! Click HERE to view the 7 minute slide show </span>

150 LONG full hook up RV sites with LOTS of shade a guaranteed necessity!
19 upscale fully equipped cottages for those coming without the RV!
Convenience and gift store - Propane!
24 hour laundry and exercise room
Picnic, hiking, biking, walking and birdwatching areas
9 hole par 3 golf course on site with golf cart rentals!

Basketball and volleyball areas
Seasonal fishing lake on site - no license required - all you can eat!
Free Wi-Fi
Free use of the Grand Maple Rally Hall for the week!
Playground area and Outdoor Theatre
2 swimming holes! One for the kids and one for adults.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Some of the Activities for the Week</span>

Welcome Supper
Fishing & Boating at Lake Mineral Wells State Park and Possum Kingdom Lake
Texas Hold'Em Two Day Tournament
Shopping expeditions to Weatherford/Ft Worth
Caravan tripto Stockyard District in Ft Worth - home of the largest Dance Hall in the states!
FlapJack Breakfast cooked up by the Texas Boomers
Wildcatter Ranch - horseback rides, rock climbing on a working cattle ranch
Heart of Texas Band
Variety Entertainment
Cloud Buster Kite Flying contest
Movie and Popcorn Night
North Texas Square Dancers
Daily activities for the young'uns
Catered Breakfast and Friday night supper
The neatest "ice cream social" you've ever been to!
Shine and Showcase iRV2.com Got Talent contest!
Motorcyclists, bring your bikes for backroad day rides.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Area Amenities</span>
In the Dallas/Ft.Worth Metroplex
Six Flags over Texas
Texas Rangers Baseball
Texas Motor Speedway
Museums, Art Shows, quaint Shopping areas
Music and Entertainment venues

And a Wal-Mart just up the road!!!!

<span class="ev_code_RED">RALLY RATES FOR THE WEEK</span>
The rally package will be posted shortly as details are finalized - continue to watch this space! I can guarantee that it will be the "best bang for your buck"...

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Get your calendars out, mark the dates and we'll see you in Perrin!</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">THE PRE-REGISTRATION PAGE IS NOW LINKED AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM PAGE! A $50 NON-REFUNDABLE PRE-REGISTRATION FEE IS REQUIRED TO SIGN UP WHICH WILL GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT AT THE 2008 NATIONAL RALLY! THIS $50 FEE WILL DEDUCTED FROM THE TOTAL NATIONAL RALLY PACKAGE WHEN THOSE PRICES ARE ANNOUNCED!</span>

...or click on this link:
https://shopirv2.com/index.asp?PageA...PROD&ProdID=60

Sandy "Madame Boomer"
2008 National Rally Wagonmaster </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-23-2008, 04:17 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
The countdown to 08 National Rally has begun! There's still time (and space) to get signed up! Just click on the Pre-Register Link until May 1st to get your name on the list!

Registrations need to be paid in full by May 15th to give me time to "pay the piepers" before the National.

ya'll come on down!

Sandy