Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm bring along a 20# keg of black powder to get the grilling fire burning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4FG I hope .. faster burn, bigger bang . Works great for removing wasp nests too!! Do you need any electric squibs to light it off or will a plain old powder trail fuse work? I have lots of matches!

Randy..

Texas Boomers, FMCA #366366 SKP #91936
'03 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PWD
RandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Okey Dokey, Don -

I'll put down your selections, but now you don't get confused and bring "This" on Tuesday and "That" on Monday.

I expect a lot out of this "South Louisiana touch" - it better be mighty tasty. I hear RIVER RATS will eat anything, but us Texas folk are a little more cultured in what we eat!!

LE BON TON ROULE!

Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I expect a lot out of this "South Louisiana touch" - it better be mighty tasty. I hear RIVER RATS will eat anything, but us Texas folk are a little more cultured in what we eat!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why I don't announce ahead of time WHAT meat is in the dishes. Some folks will stick their noses up without trying it if ya tell'um what it is. But us folks from South Louisiana can make dang near ANYTHING taste good. (And I'd be willing to bet there are several folks on this board who have eaten some of my "Concoctions" that will agree)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Don
Grits for Friday and Butter. Oh did I say bring Butter.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sunny, Ken has already signed up for the "Big old pot of grits". Maybe he and I will "Team up" on the grits. With both of us stirrin I doubt the whole pot will be eaten.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm bring along a 20# keg of black powder to get the grilling fire burning.

ken
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! !!!

Whooooo-boy we gonna have us a "Good'un"!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don, don't worry about the fixins. The folks from SE TExas have lived close enough to Louisiana and really appreciate the cookin'. And I'll try anything once provided it won't try to bite me first...then I may just bite it anyway.

As for the fuses, I thought we could make a bit of a contest to light the fire. WE'll stand back a few yards,...well maybe a couple of hundred yards and see who can land a bottle rocket in it and get the fire going.

Let the good time roll...you can say it in Cajun Don.

Ken
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Don,

Good to see ya signin' up. I haven't had any good ole nutria for breakfast in ages!!

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just hope he's not bringing those fricasseed chicken lips again, I swear they were left over at the last rally! (Altho they were spicy)

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXiceman:

Let the good time roll...you can say it in Cajun Don.

Ken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Laissez le bons temps rouler"

Just as long as this does not happen...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #36

I have done some powerful studying on this meal sign up sheet. Since I am coming from a fur piece off with no "ice box" I have not made any major decision on what to bring. I wil converse with Sunny and Gayle and see what plan we can devise.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new friends.
Grandmommy
Old 07-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Man, all these folks signed up and still not full on the food sign up and so close to launch date.

Let's get with it
let the good times roll

Ken
Old 07-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #38
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Barb:
Also put us down for Friday Breakfast, for Breakfast tacos w/picante and sour cream on the side. Amber can also make up some corn salad if you'll let us know what night you need it just post we'll pick it up

Thanks, Mike and Amber
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Grandmommy - no ice box, huh? Shall I put you down for "road kill"?

Ken - thank you so much for your reminder. I am in Minneapolis right now but still trying to keep up with everything.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Now Ken, you know darn good and well that there will be more food show up than you can shake a stick at..... (There is almost always lots of food left over)

I don't think we will go hungry.......
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
It ain't a Texas "thang" if'n there's no road kill on the table! I'm sure we'll have plenty to pick from on the road to Perrin!

Grandmommy, you will have a small refrigerator in your cottage! But, I'm sure you'll figure something out to bring that can be made up quickly!

Besides, I figure there'll be someone headin' to Wal-Mart in Mineral Wells almost every day. Hopefully we can slip them a short list of items needed along with some $$$ and get taken care of!

It's gettin close!!!!
Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:01 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On the way up there Saturday mornig, I will be watching for some nice "sail rabbit" or even a good "sail 'possum". Smoked "sail 'possum" is really good with enough cold barley pop.

Ken