Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks for the update Lori. Glad everyone is safe. Tell Bill Rowell I ordered my Solar Globe today. Thank you RVUpgrades! But I didn't get my FREE S'More Maker!

RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKamperRV View Post
...I didn't get my FREE S'More Maker!
You'll probably get the whole case of 'em in a separate shipment if Bill has his way.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Lori -

the daily pics are a hit w/ those of us unable to be there in person! I'm sure everyone is enjoying the beautiful scenery that Ohio abounds in and all the neat places that RustyJC and I have been to many times during our 22 years in Ohio.

Despite the rains...or shall we say REALLY BAD WEATHER....where two or more irv2 members are gathered together....good times are held, fun happens and memories of a lifetime are made!

Keep up with the good job and look forward to more posts!

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #18

The Ohio Amish country side here is Beautiful. With the roll-in hills , like riding a roller coaster , but you have to watch for the Amish in there buggy's & Bicycles.
The Amish way of life living without electric and using horsedrawn wagons Wow. We watched the Amish cut Hay and Bale it. Really a Family affair. The whole family was out there Mom, Dad and all the family. Driving the back roads most people waved to us. They probably knew we were lost too ( GPS )

Wayne
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #19

Lori, Thanks for all your info and pictures. It was nice seeing the great time to be had by all. Please let Bill and Michelle we are so sorry for chickening out this weekend, due to the bad weather. Stay dry and keep the home fire burning,
Nanette
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Day 5

After the excitement of last night, everyone was glad for a nice, calm-weather day today.

Coffee aroma wafted out of the pavillion for the early risers & then several members boarded a bus for a day-long tour to Longaberger & Roscoe Village. The home office for Longaberger is actually shaped like one of their baskets, is 5 stories high & you can fly a plane through the handles (although, THAT is illegal).

While visiting Roscoe Village, one of our members had a mishap. Claire Moore fell & shattered an elbow. She's at Coshocton County Memorial Hospital (740-622-6411) & will have surgery on Friday to stabilize her elbow with pins. If all goes well, she should be released to go home on Saturday. Please keep her, Roger & family in your thoughts & prayers.

With rains & storms forecasted for Friday & the upcoming weekend, many of our members spent the day exploring the Amish countryside or relaxing at the campground. It was a good day to do either.

This evening, we all were treated to ice cream at the snack bar compliments of the campground. Ray & Annette Naylor sure look pleased with their cones. Thank you, Evergreen, for the yummy desserts.

The evening ended with our annual meeting & Joe-K & his daughter, Alyssa coordinated the raffle give-aways. Many members came away with fantastic prizes (i.e. Richard King with his propane Campfire-in-a-Can) donated by our sponsors. Next year's Rally in AZ was announced &, if plans go well, the 2011 Rally should be revealed in about 6 months or so. We're trying to get back to announcing 2 years ahead so you all will have enough time to be able to make plans.

As dusk fell, the 1953 movie The Long, Long Trailer, starring Dezi Arnez & Lucille Ball played in the pavillion while the group campfire blazed outside. Thanks to Frank & Chris Martin (aka the "Popcorn Kernels") for keeping the popcorn flowing.

Until next time. Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	618.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	690   Click image for larger version

Name:	618aa.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	691  

Name:	618a.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	693   Click image for larger version

Name:	618b.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	694  

Name:	618c.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	695   Click image for larger version

Name:	618d.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	696  

Name:	618e.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	697  
Attached Images

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here are few shots I took during the Roscoe Village and Longaberger Basket Factory Tour
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Basket HQ1.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	698   Click image for larger version

Name:	BasketFactory1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	699  

Name:	Down Basket Lane.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	700   Click image for larger version

Name:	TheTourGang.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	701  

Name:	Roscoe School House.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	702  
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Update on Claire Moore

Claire & family are on their way home today. Her elbow break was more than the hospital could fix here, so the doctors immobilized it & hopefully, loaded her up with pain medication for the ride home. She will have her elbow surgery at Anna Jacques Hospital in Newburyport, MA. Since she'll probably be there only a short time, well wishes can be mailed to:
3 Brooks Road
Salisbury, MA 10952

You'll be in our thoughts & prayers, Claire, for a speedy recovery!

Lori-
Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Day 6

When the thunder, lightning & pouring rain woke us up at 5AM, we knew it was just gonna be one of those kind of days. Yet the steady rain didn't deter our members from making their way to the pavillion for a fresh cooked breakfast of pancakes w/syrup, sausage, juices & coffee, compliments of the staff here at Evergreen. When eating is involved, a little water won't stand between an iRV2 member & their food!

The morning Amish buggy rides were postponed until later in the day as the rain just did not want to let up. However, by late morning the rain had stopped enough for a couple of resident Amish women to demonstrate the fine art of basket making. Several of us took advantage of the well-crafted items & came away with hand signed works of art from Mattie (in pic) & Sarah.

Richard Hale (aka Hitchhiker) hosted a seminar on the recently released Forum software for those still having issues maneuvering through the new pages. Change is always slow & can be difficult, but, in time, this new software will all be second nature for us.

Members took advantage of the "calm before the next storm" to do some local sightseeing, just relax one last day or to begin to pack up for the trips home on Saturday.

Just as the band was setting up for our evening entertainment, the next storm rolled through. The clouds sure looked threatening, but all we really got out of it was a good downpour. As the rain subsided, members came out of their rigs to enjoy the bluegrass sounds of Landon Walker & The Southern Grass band. From toe-tapping songs to sorrowful ballads, the band delighted the group.

Our last group campfire was cut short as a pop-up thunderstorm rumbled in the distance & sent the last few of us inside for the night.

Enjoy a few of the days pics. Until next time. Lori- (hey, look, I'm gonna get this done before 1AM!!!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	619.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	705   Click image for larger version

Name:	619a.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	706  

Name:	619b.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	707   Click image for larger version

Name:	619c.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	708  

Name:	619d.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	709   Click image for larger version

Name:	619e.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	710  

Name:	619f.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	711   Click image for larger version

Name:	619g.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	712  

Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #24

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had a Great Time

Having attended a number of IRV2 rally's, WIT rally's, and hosted some small rally's I must state that our 2009 rally was an absolutely great rally.

Many thanks to Mike and Joe our co-wagonmasters, plus the Pond Pigges who were their helpers.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #25

This was our first rally but definitely won't be our last. Had a great time everything was very well organized. Camp ground was absolutely gorgeous. We can't wait for next years rally at Williams AZ. Oh yes we are now home safe and sound. Soggy but safe.
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #26

Talking

What else can be said, but WOW, what a wonderful rally.
Unbelievably well organized, awesome folks, food way too good (and plentiful), and weather for the most part great.
Returned home safely and just amazed at the great time we had, as well as the pleasure to meet so many new friends.
Cheers,
Bob and Patty........

Super 10
Hdonlybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Farewell

Today was check out day for the majority of the Rally-goers. It was pretty much a steady stream of rv's headed out the exit all morning long. By noon, our end of the campground was pretty much empty.

Dave & I will be working to get a commemorative Rally DVD put together to mail out to all attendees. If anyone has pictures they took while at the Rally, on any of the tours or while out & about or shopping or sightseeing, please email them to me at this address: lstewart@irv2.com. If anyone needs to snail-mail me anything, please PM me & I'll give you my address.

On behalf of the 2009 iRV2 National Rally Hosts (aka "The Pond Piggies"), we'd like to thank you all for coming & making this such a great Rally. We so enjoyed seeing all of you, hope that you had a good time & will have many memories to cherish. We wish you all a safe & pleasant journey to home or wherever you are bound next.

Until next time. Lori-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1030744 (Small).jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	720  
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Great blog of the Rally. We had a great time. I will download my pictures and send them to you...