Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #29
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This will be a rally not soon forgotten. So well organized. Thanks to Mike, Joe and all of the pond piggies for a superb rally.

Rick & Brenda
2006 HR Neptune 36PDQ
rad1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I want to commend you on keeping everyone here updated on the "happenings" at the 2009 iRV2 rally!!

Great Work everyone!!

Kablewizard may have his hands full matching this year's Rally - but I have faith in him...besides...it is at the Grand Canyon!!! How can you not enjoy one of the natural Seven Wonders of the World??

I hope to see many of you there next year!!

*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #31
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have heard from several members that attended the 2009 National Rally that it was a BIG success and a very well run operation! I want to commend the organizers of the event and congratulate everyone including all the volunteers that assisted with the rally.

Above all, "you" the members that participate and continue to attend the Nationals make the Rally one of the things that iRV2.com enjoys doing the most for the membership. I expect that we're going to continue that tradition for a long time.

Mike Pelchat (DriVer)
2001 iRV2.com National Rally Wagonmaster
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #32
Mid Atlantic Campers
Absolute KUDO's to Mike, Joe, their wives, and all of the Pond Piggies involved with probably the best ever National Rally to date. So well organized, laid back and stress free. Great Food, Great prizes, Great Entertainment, Great Morning Coffee. There was so much to do, you couldn't possably have done 1/2 of it. What a beautiful area for a rally, and The Evergreen RV Resort is as good as it gets. We had a nice representation from most areas. It was sad that some areas did not participate at all

IMHO, It would have been nice to see more attendance by our administrators and our new owner. What a perfect time to put faces with names, and to show support for the people that are your grass root supporters of IRV2. There is more to directing an orginization then editing, deleting, and monitoring. What a great opportunity for quality face time, and to explain what is expected of us as members, and, what we can expect from IRV2 as an orginization. Maybe next time.

I guess I'm gonna get bashed for these comments, but it's what I feel.
Steve, Pat, Hakbar, & Root Motor

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We would have loved to attended, but there is a bit of a problem of a paycheck and the amount of vacation time I have to use. If some one had been willing to cover about 7 days of my pay, we could have made it....but alas no takers....besides it would have been cooler than the 100 dF weather we have had here.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Jestme13... I agree - it would have been great to have made it to National also - but with over 2500 miles to go each way, a new job with NO vacation time built up, a newly dependent adult relative in our home, and many other things I could rattle on about- did keep us from making National.

I know of reasons why the others could not attend - but it is not for me to say.
Maybe you can plan on next year's rally - after all ... you are retired!
*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #35
Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
About Cheetos

I think I owe somewhat of an apology to the all the campfire attendees at the rally. Traditionally at Pond Piggie campfires, I bring a bag of Cheetos to be passed around, but with my wife (Chris) and I in our roles as "popcorn kernels", we never got to attend any of the campfires since we were making popcorn every night.

Unfortunately, the bag of Cheetos came back home for us to eat all by ourselves and get fat.

While on the subject of Cheetos, I recently discovered you can go to jail for assulting someone with them. Here's a link to that article.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Standard Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
No apology necessary, Frank. The pop corn was a great hit and I thank you two for taking on that job each night.

Mike And Debbie- Northeast Ohio
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost engine- SWEET!!
2011 Jayco Eagle 322FKS TT
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote