Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #155

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
If you think the price of this rally is high just go check out the price of a Good Sam rally I remember our first National at Nashville,Tn.. Good Sam had a rally there the week before and the price was twice what ours was and they basically had the same package(or this is what we were told). Yes,the price of the rally is a little higher than most,and the price of fuel has gone up but we have been wanting to go out west for some time so this is a wonderful opportunity! We know nothing about the area and for someone else to have made reservations and planned out this event is something I'm sure we'll really enjoy and won't soon forget. I can't even begin to imagine the headache that goes into planning one of these Nationals,not every one can do it,and to you Mr Wagonmaster,we do appreciate you and will certainly give you a hug to show it!! See y'all there!

Dianne

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #156
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
If you think the price of this rally is high just go check out the price of a Good Sam rally I remember our first National at Nashville,Tn.. Good Sam had a rally there the week before and the price was twice what ours was and they basically had the same package(or this is what we were told). Yes,the price of the rally is a little higher than most,and the price of fuel has gone up but we have been wanting to go out west for some time so this is a wonderful opportunity! We know nothing about the area and for someone else to have made reservations and planned out this event is something I'm sure we'll really enjoy and won't soon forget. I can't even begin to imagine the headache that goes into planning one of these Nationals,not every one can do it,and to you Mr Wagonmaster,we do appreciate you and will certainly give you a hug to show it!! See y'all there!

Dianne
Speak for yourself Dianne - I aint huggin that kablewizard. .

Seriously -
Both your and Madame Boomers replies were very well put. and we are all gonna pitch in and help Jim make this another National Rally for the ages..... Don

Old 05-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #157
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Gee Don I feel hurt, I have just been sitting back and watching all the posts everyone is doing such a great job answering. It has been a fun year getting this planned. I have done my best to keep the prices down and a few things have changed because of the numbers. but the fun is still there, The park the train we only had 2 catered meals planned with entertainment, 2 breakfasts and we will have a few extra surprises, and I just found out that the new area attraction I believe its called Bear A Zona is opening the 22nd of May. Its a drive thru park and if we get enough interest they will send in a bus or 2 to take us through, price is still be worked out. I will add it in the info forum I started the other day when its worked out.

If any of you have been thinking and undecided, even though the Pay Pal link is closed I can hold a few sites a bit longer so let me know and we will get you set up to attend.

See ya'll real soon.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #158
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's keep the rally registration open a few more days and see if a few more folks will see that there is a lot of value, fun and life long memories at one of these rallies. The cost should not be a factor, it is reasonable for all of the events and such provided. Distance, well it has to be somewhere and they cannot be close to every one. We decided to go west this year and let some more folks from the left side of the country have a chance to enjoy a iRV2 rally.

If you are having second thoughts and decide you want to come have a load of fun and make a lot of good friends, send a PM to Kablewizard (Jim) and he can give you his address to send the check to. Also copy on the PM so I can keep up with the registration.

Let's have a great time.....

Ken
Old 05-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #159

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What's sad Ken is that other than Jim all the attendees are from Texas and east. I guess the left siders aren't quite ready to take the chance.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #160
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I guess everyone out west has seen the Canyon and ridden the train and had some great fun around the camp fire with you Texans and feel they just can't keep up with us.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #161

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
I guess everyone out west has seen the Canyon and ridden the train and had some great fun around the camp fire with you Texans and feel they just can't keep up with us.
Hey Jim speaking of campfars do I need to bring farwood? I always have my far barrel with me. I know it can really get cool up there at night even in the summer.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #162

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
One week’s stay in the same park - $187.00
One week spent enjoying the commaradrie of old friends
and the thrill of making new friends

PRICELESS
This will be my first iRV2 rally and I'm looking forward to having a GREAT TIME! Between the planned events, and just exploring the local area on my own it should be a great week....Can't wait!
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #163

Texas Boomers Club
This will be the third IRV2 RALLY I have been to... First to Branson. Second to Ohio (omish country ). Now to Arazonia... I really wish I could have made all of the RALLYs. Of all the rallys & RV TOURS we have been on . we learned there is none better... Than IRV2 RALLYS. We would not miss it no matter what....
Richard & Diane
Old 05-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #164

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I haven't read the entire thread but have to post an observation. Cost, economy, job security duh. When you posted yes we will be there. You could estimate the cost, miles times cost of fuel plus 50 cents per gallon, rally fees , camping cost while on the road etc. The economy is about the same unless you lost your job or your business lost 50% of sales. Remember Obama says everthing is ok, so how come my daughter is still "laid off".

Back on track: Observations - Every event that I have ever planned only half of the people invited actually attended. Even when its free. As former wagonmaster of a very small camping club. I know I could not do the job irv2 wagonmasters do.

This is my third rally (everyone forgets Perrin TX) and I can't wait.

p.s. I am bringing my pink flamingos.

Nancy
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #165
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nancy, we pulled out of the rally in Branson, because I had just been laid off and was actively looking for a job and did not want to take a chance on missing an interview plus the additional cost. Having been laid off before, we go into spend no money mode until there is an income once more. So I can certainly understand that in this job market.

Ken
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #166

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncason View Post
p.s. I am bringing my pink flamingos.

Nancy

Just bring your Texas Holdem Money Nancy !
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #167

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Ken, a job interview is of course paramount in your life but that type of situation or illness or death in the family is hopefully a rare situation and will occur for a few people at each rally. I was speaking of so many people who can't or won't make a committment or decision. They often want to be included at the last minute and have no understanding of the planning required for a large event. Businesses want a committment from the volunteer wagonmasters, and a head count so they can plan efficiently. Any rally would be a dismal failure without planning, planning, and more planning. It really is not that hard to estimate a budget for a rally or vacation, save for it, then schedule all other activities around the prior committment not just change your mind.

p.s. My daughter was laid off from a job she had for the last 16 years, she is her sole support and I pray each day (several times) that she finds a job. I was not being flip about our recession which I really think is a depression.

We all must to keep our sense of humor and determination to preservere. Stubborness is an asset in life.

I did not mean in any way to insult you. You are a valuable asset to irv2.

Nancy
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #168

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by [LEFT
ncason[/LEFT];645804]When you posted yes we will be there. You could estimate the cost, miles times cost of fuel plus 50 cents per gallon, rally fees , camping cost while on the road etc.

Nancy
Yep! I posted many month ago we would be there and I'm one of those that paid the deposit and committed to be there. It never entered our mind to estimate the travel cost we just knew we wanted to be there. Now some months later things have changed and we decided to not attend the rally. Fortunately for us its not due to financial reasons but rather strictly for personal reasons we chose to not attend. We know it will be a great rally and everyone will have a fantastic time. Shoot-we love rally's. As matter of fact we're going to the Texas Boomer annual Memorial Day rally with about 80 others this weekend.

My point Nancy, for a lot of folks making a commitment several months ahead is difficult. Not that they just can't or won't make a decision maybe its they would prefer to not make a "yes" decision and then have to change to a "no" decision.