Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #99

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickie View Post
TXiceman since my SO and i have 2 sons living in TX, (little Elm & Houston) and since we will be there for the next month and a half can we become honorary Texans? I know it is a long way from PA to TX but just wanted to find out.
Denny (Chickie)
Don't be fooled by them wanna be Texans Ken. He's looking to tag along with us next summer to Arizona. Thinks he can pass off as Texan when he gets there. He'll open his mouth and blow the cover immediately. Then he'll tell'em we put him up to it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #100
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jim, since the whole world can't be native-born Texans, all we can do is try and convert as many as we can....sort of like missionary work.Of course, we do need to watch the qualifications pretty closely...the more money they send, the faster the application is handled.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #101

Texas Boomers Club
Do ya think we ought to make the "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could!" bumper sticker mandatory for these converted Texans?

Rusty
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #102
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Do ya think we ought to make the "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could!" bumper sticker mandatory for these converted Texans?

Rusty
That was believed to be understood!

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post

Rusty
Yeah and there is another one, "We know your not from Texas but we love you anyway".

Well that may qualify some but not ALL....
Old 08-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #104

I'm still getting emails about the National IRV Rally even though I had to cancel. Randee and Alan Saber
Old 08-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #105

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randee saber View Post
I'm still getting emails about the National IRV Rally even though I had to cancel. Randee and Alan Saber
Randee,

I noticed in your profile that you're signed up for daily e-mail notifications for those threads you've subscribed to. If you have subscribed to the 2010 National Rally thread, the e-mails will continue when a post is made on this thread until you unsubscribe from the thread.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to personal e-mails from those organizing the 2010 National Rally, I suggest you notify the sender of the e-mail of your cancellation status and request that he/she remove you from their distribution list.

Rusty
Old 08-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #106

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anybody else getting e mails, I'm not. Is there some hidden message for me?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Oh, we have a swearing in ceremony to make you an Honorary Texan. Starts with a can of snuff and a pouch of Redman.

Ken
And a pink chicken........
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #108

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Anybody else getting e mails, I'm not. Is there some hidden message for me?
I received an email... titled "2010 National Rally" ....my assumption was for our rally here - Turns out - it is the "FMCA 2010 National Rally" I have not signed up for their rally nor their email - so I was a bit surprised ...maybe theirs is also from FMCA

Old 08-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #109

I keep getting the email about the North American rv rally next year in Louisville KY. We were there the last time they held it there and enjoyed ourselves but we had so much fun at Dundee this year we already signed up for Williams next year. I am really looking forward to seeing the big hole in the ground. So much so we are planning on making a month or more out of it. Lots to see in that area.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #110

Sign us up. Chet and Gerrie Botkins. From Cedar City, Utah
That is a one day drive from the house! And we have stayed at that campground. Nice place and friendly staff. The newly opened Camping World is about a mile down the road as well. Super steak house in Williams.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #111
GDR

Texas Boomers Club
Is there any other lodging available in the immediate area of the RV park. Will there be a fee schedule for anyone wishing to attend, but does not want to attend with an RV?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
HERE is a link to lodging in the area. The campground does not show any cabins, but our Wagon Master can check that for sure.

We can break out the cost of the campsites and provide a price for the other activities which includes meals and entertainment. Let us know how many would be attending.

Ken
Closed Thread

Tags
2010 irv2 rally, grand canyon, national rally, sign up, train