Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #85

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometwn2 View Post
Hi Brenda and Frank,
Thanks for the reply! We have called and reserved site 169 for the 15th and departing on the 23rd. See you at the rally,
Larry and Karen
Larry,

See you are from Peoria. I sure hope they get the bridges fixed in Louisville before the rally. It was a pistol coming back from last years rally trying to go through that area. I don't know if you have ever been to the rally area, but I'm open for ideas on how to bypass Louisville.

Hope you guys are staying warm.

Regards,

Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #86

Hello Rally folks, I have a possible stupid question, as I look through this thread I see lots of really nice rigs, big ones. are us small HTT folks welcome to join you?, wife and I were thinking this might be nice to come to without the kids (grandparents are great) and meet some new folks.

Anyways thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #87

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As far as I'm concerned all are welcome big or small. That is what this site is all about everyone is equal. We all love camping and life on the road. It does not matter if you full time or if you are a weekend camper , we are all one big family. As far as I'm concerned come, I'm on site 216 come on over and we can get to know each other.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #88
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No doubt about it, all are VERY welcome. We'll look forward to meeting you there.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #89
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmahonm View Post
Hello Rally folks, I have a possible stupid question, as I look through this thread I see lots of really nice rigs, big ones. are us small HTT folks welcome to join you?, wife and I were thinking this might be nice to come to without the kids (grandparents are great) and meet some new folks.
I'm not sure if I know what an HTT is or even care. If you are a members here you are welcome to join us.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #90
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm guessin' HTT means hybrid travel trailer. All iRV2 members are welcome, no matter what you've got. In 2009, we had everything from pop-ups to toters to 45ft diesel buses. Some members even came w/o their RV's & stayed nearby.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #91

Thanks everyone, we are still hunting for our trailer but it looks like it will be a Rockwood Roo Hybrid, I am a motorcycle guy who has been to many rallies, but wife always stays home, this way we could both enjoy some time away.

Did not want to shop up if it was more geared to full timers and big rigs, someday I hoe to get there to a full time traveler.

I glad to see you welcome all.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Mcmahonm, I felt a little awkward going to our first rally last year in our Class C. I found out in a hurry that what we camp in didn't matter one bit. We are all at the Rally to meet people and develop friendships. We look forward to meeting you and your wife there.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #93

Thor Owners Club
Danielle and I are looking forward to attending this rally. Made our reservation a few days ago. One thing we want to see while we're there is the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum.

We attended the museum about 15 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like cars or if you're nostalgic for 50's, 60's and 70's I think you'll enjoy the exhibits.
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #94

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Danielle and I are looking forward to attending this rally. Made our reservation a few days ago. One thing we want to see while we're there is the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum.

We attended the museum about 15 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like cars or if you're nostalgic for 50's, 60's and 70's I think you'll enjoy the exhibits.

I have been there, too. Very neat museum. It has been at least 15 years sence we have been there. This is why we are staying an extra week, to see everything we can't squeeze in during the rally.

Regards,
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #95

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Please come.. 2011 was a first time rally for many members, including Tracy and I. You will have a great time meeting and making new friends... D
Does the $425 include the campground fees during the rally time? Have never been to a rally but this one is close to us (Southern Illinois) and we might be interested in coming.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #96

We have vacationed this GORGEOUS area before, WORTH THE TRIP

This is nature at its best. JUST GORGEOUS! We stayed on the Cherokee reservation not far away. Didnt take the train mentioned eairlier, but visited, had a cone, and it was breathtaking. THIS TIME WE DO THE TRAIN, The leaves might be changing then, and we swore wed return for that train trip then. Thats moonshine Country in the olden days! Woo Hoo!

There are tons of things to do, not a stones throw from there. We went to chimney rock(yikes, high!), theres a BIG natural sled there, HUGE, with watere running down it. Horseriding locally up the sides of small mountains, just breath taking views! Blowing rock.

AND, THEY ARE PET FRIENDLY, DONT GE BETTER THAN THAT!
Can you tell Im excited to return. Gotta talk to Hubs. JUST saw this. YEEEE HAW! Hugs to yall, Sandy
Old 04-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmahonm View Post
Thanks everyone, we are still hunting for our trailer but it looks like it will be a Rockwood Roo Hybrid, I am a motorcycle guy who has been to many rallies, but wife always stays home, this way we could both enjoy some time away.

Did not want to shop up if it was more geared to full timers and big rigs, someday I hoe to get there to a full time traveler.

I glad to see you welcome all.
I didnt even KNOW what an HTT was , until I looked it up. Those things are friggin amazing! I cant believe the space and overall sleeping accomodations. Not to be matched easily with even the biggest of rigs. AWESOME! Good luck with yer new purchase. Ive a 33 A-gas, 94/95 Winnie Vectra. Its a beauty, vintage at its best, with only 54k miles. We like her bunches, but if I had seen these first, it woulda been a conundrum! See ya there hopefully! Sandy
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #98

The wife and I really wish we could make this Rally Two years ago we meet up with family there and spent a week in a time share. We immediately fell in love with that part of Tennessee. Lots to see and more to do. If you've never been there, you are going to love it

I'm new to iRV2 but I'm going to imagine the the National Rally rotates to different parts of the country each year. Our online Corvette forum C3VR (C3 Vette Registry) rotates to different parts of the country and held their National in Pigeon Forge in 2010.

So when is the West Coasts turn

Both US Army Retired - Fort Lewis, WA
Cilrah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, rally