Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #183

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
No matter where a Rally is going to be,it can't make everybody happy.so when it's decided this is the place for Rally 2013... each camper family can decide if they can attend or not.The way we do it with another Camping club is...4 or 5 places are posted and people have a week to vote which one they like.Most votes wins the spot

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #184
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmap View Post
No matter where a Rally is going to be,it can't make everybody happy.so when it's decided this is the place for Rally 2013... each camper family can decide if they can attend or not.The way we do it with another Camping club is...4 or 5 places are posted and people have a week to vote which one they like. Most votes wins the spot
This would only work if you have 4 or 5 fully vetted proposals that have the entire program laid out. "Nirvana" could be chosen by popular vote however if all the ducks are not in a row it could be an experience that will not soon be forgotten.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #185

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Anything East of SD is a tad onerous on our limited travel budget. We could possibly make a rally every three to five years if we could plan ahead.

BTW one of the big reasons I do not attend rallies for GS is their entertainment. I think it wasted money as most times the genre isn't one of our favorites when it comes to music and some comedians shouldn't be; some not all. Nuff said.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #186
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
BTW one of the big reasons I do not attend rallies for GS is their entertainment. I think it wasted money as most times the genre isn't one of our favorites when it comes to music and some comedians shouldn't be; some not all. Nuff said.
I travelled a number of these side shows for 5 years and I know exactly what you are talking about.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #187

Mid Atlantic Campers
I'm still waiting for the black hills info. it is on the way as i called them today. the hard thing is to put a plan together and it may only catch a glance. i wonder how much that could affect possible wagon masters?

i have not seen this forum step off of square one yet, what up homies?

ps: excuse typing as i am without my left arm for a few more weeks, rotator cuff

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #188
doc

Appalachian Campers
Roadmap has a idea on how to decide on a rally site. I am doubting this will get much traction Asking a lot to have an entire plan put together and not having any assurance it will be accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
I'm still waiting for the black hills info. it is on the way as i called them today. the hard thing is to put a plan together and it may only catch a glance. i wonder how much that could affect possible wagon masters?

Tell me what I can do to help and you got it. Spring is prettier in the Hills, but fall is great too.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
...Even running a Rally in Myrtle Beach for a few years in a row would get boring. I do plan on submitting a proposal for the 2014 Rally for the Myrtle Beach area but I need 18 months to book out 150 to 200 sites. Getting all the sites we need can't easily be accomplished in under 12 months because the sites begin booking out at the 18 month mark. So we have to be ready to book on day 1..
One thing is obvious through this whole discussion - and that is that the process has to change. Maybe continuing with different locations is best ... but we DO NEED TO BE PLANNING 2014! Even reading up on some of these locations, it is obvious you need a good 18 months in hand to secure the best locations, plan the best rally, and for the most people to be able to schedule attendance.

So while we're talking - (admin) - pick TWO locations now - one for 2013 and one for 2014.

Maybe using the same location is not the best idea - but I really think that answer needs to come from the ones who attended this year ... would they come back to the same location next year? How many people saying no - they would never go 2 years in a row to the same place - actually WENT to the 2012? and are saying they would not go back?

I can see where new locations might be more exciting, and that is not a problem if there is enough time to coordinate the event, and for members to plan the rally into travel plans... all those problems would be eliminated by designating locations two years ahead instead of just one - then the time spent discussing venue doesn't cut into the critical timeframe.

Then if you are splitting the jobs between different volunteers ... problem solved?

Kathryn

```

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #190

Quote:
...This would only work if you have 4 or 5 fully vetted proposals that have the entire program laid out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
... the hard thing is to put a plan together and it may only catch a glance. i wonder how much that could affect possible wagon masters?...
With the size the rally has grown to, I think it is impossible to ask someone to come up with a comprehensive plan ahead of the fact. I certainly would not put that much effort into something that was not yet decided.

Quote:
Andy R said:..."I wanted to post an update to everyone who is watching this 2013 National discussion. I have been chatting with the Admin team about changing the way we approach the National. In the past, when the event was smaller, expecting a couple to step up and host the event was reasonable. As it grows in size it's a more daunting task and it's going to get harder and harder to find people willing to step up and organize the whole thing. That being said, my idea is to select a campground, set the dates, put down the deposit and then ask for volunteers to help with various aspects of the event such as entertainment, dining, welcoming, day trips, etc. Most people will feel more comfortable offering assistance with one of these smaller tasks then taking on the burden of planning the entire event. This would also allow more people to get involved which is a great way to stimulate more local rallies around the year...
IMO this method is the only practical solution! Certainly, pick a location where several people have said they will help - but PICK it! Then put your volunteer in as "Wagon Master", and their job is not to DO it all, but to COORDINATE it all smoothly. If you want to continue growing, you MUST break this job down into manageable chunks!!!

If you are starting twenty months in advance instead of 9 or 10, that gives enough time to do a great job (and have back-ups in case of unexpected problems) and MOST important, it gives more and more members time to schedule the trip. WHEREVER it is held, I think it is CRITICAL that you select a timeframe and hold it each year at that time!!! I think you will see a BIG jump in attendance if members have the extra scheduling time, and just know that every year the third week of September (or whatever) is when they need to plan on being at the IRV2 Rally! No reason we can't grow to 300 or 500 rigs in attendance!

You might want to consider having it back in Sevierville (or somewhere else you have recently been) this year since it is a known venue with plenty to offer - and that would make it easier to try out the new "team" approach for Wagon Master(s). Then go ahead and select one of the other locations suggested for 2014, select THAT Wagon Master, and let them start getting a plan and team together. They can kind of work with the 2013 team to see what works and what doesn't ... then we're over the big learning hurdle and set to grow so the changing venue each year is easy to implement with an existing procedure.

????

Sound reasonable?

Just me again!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 11-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #191

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree,a placed should be decided.then seems like- everyone that wanted to could start volunteering.It's hard to comment to something when you don't know where it is going to be.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #192

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to nacimiento Send a message via MSN to nacimiento Send a message via Yahoo to nacimiento
2013/2014

Susie and I are new to the group. We have owned RV's for over 20 years. We are West Coast folks an would like the group to consider for 2013 or 2014 Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort for the Rally location. You have all mentioned amenities, full hook ups, a large resort capable of handling this group, an area filled with any possible side trip, show, excursion you may want. Fishing, race tracks, gambling, entertainers, etc. are all to be had. The resort is one of the finest I have ever stayed at. While I have not inquired about the possibility of space for the 2013 Rally, I would be willing to do so if the group wants to consider the location. I do not know what the geographical breakdown of the group is and whether or not East Coast folks would travel this far. Just a thought.

Having organized a few events, may I state that the discussions of the group are good. I would suggest selecting 2 or 3 locations and putting it to a vote of the group. Folks can check their calendars and vote accordingly. Yes, it is timely....but doable.

Just a thought.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #193

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with the posting of several places for a vote.that would get things started
Old 11-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #194

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacimiento View Post
Susie and I are new to the group. We have owned RV's for over 20 years. We are West Coast folks an would like the group to consider for 2013 or 2014 Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort for the Rally location. ....
My wife and I are headed to Las Vegas this winter so I checked out the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort web site. Unfortunately, we (wife and I) cannot stay there - Class A motorhomes only.

The Class A requirement may be okay for the National Rally but I suspsect it would be a problem for some - I noticed several 5th wheel, trailers and Class C members at Sevierville this year. LVM may be better suited to a regional/special iRV2 rally.

I personally like the idea of an iRV2 National Rally in Las Vegas. I think Vegas would be a fun location even if attendance was not as high as the 2012 National. If you have time to put together an event proposal for a location that permits all types of RVs I would certainly consider attending.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #195

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
A National Rally has to cater to everyone, regardless of what type RV they have, so Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort would not be considered. Voting on several locations just won't work. Say a place in Montana is voted on and approved. But no one in Montana wants to volunteer to be Wagon Mastor or work on a committee. How is that going to work?? There is a system in place for deciding on a place and it rest with someone willing to be Wagon Mastor, then they have to submit a proposal to the Administration for approval. It is not impossible to put on a good rally for 2013 at this point. It took time last year for Seiverville to be proposed and approved.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #196

Please Read Post #159

Andy R Said on 10/29/12:

I wanted to post an update to everyone who is watching this 2013 National discussion. I have been chatting with the Admin team about changing the way we approach the National. In the past, when the event was smaller, expecting a couple to step up and host the event was reasonable. As it grows in size it's a more daunting task and it's going to get harder and harder to find people willing to step up and organize the whole thing. That being said, my idea is to select a campground, set the dates, put down the deposit and then ask for volunteers to help with various aspects of the event such as entertainment, dining, welcoming, day trips, etc. Most people will feel more comfortable offering assistance with one of these smaller tasks then taking on the burden of planning the entire event. This would also allow more people to get involved which is a great way to stimulate more local rallies around the year.

So stay tuned as we evaluate the proposals which have been made so far and also explore some ideas for other locations which have been submitted in the past. We will make an announcement at some point in the near future.

Tags
national, rally