Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
A National Rally has to cater to everyone, regardless of what type RV they have, so Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort would not be considered. Voting on several locations just won't work. Say a place in Montana is voted on and approved. But no one in Montana wants to volunteer to be Wagon Mastor or work on a committee. How is that going to work?? There is a system in place for deciding on a place and it rest with someone willing to be Wagon Mastor, then they have to submit a proposal to the Administration for approval. It is not impossible to put on a good rally for 2013 at this point. It took time last year for Seiverville to be proposed and approved.
2012 Rally site was revealed on Sept 15th 2011 - a full year before the Rally itself. This is NOVEMBER already! If you look back over the 159 posts in this thread, I think they make it pretty clear that the members agree the old system was not designed to handle the larger rallies now occurring, and that changes need to be made.

I think it still might be possible to offer several choices and let the members vote. Admin could select locations where several members have indicated a willingness to help, even if they couldn't handle the whole thing alone. You don't need a finished plan in order to put those choices up (say three or maybe four?) and give a SHORT time to vote - it is already November! Then once the site is chosen, let that/those volunteers get busy forming a plan and recruiting various members to help with the legwork.

Quote:
...A National Rally has to cater to everyone, regardless of what type RV they have, so Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort would not be considered...
Absolutely! EVERYONE should not just be "allowed", but WELCOME! Although Vegas does sound like a great venue. Is there another Resort in the area that could be used? Have people suggested Vegas and offered to help?

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
2012 Rally site was revealed on Sept 15th 2011 - a full year before the Rally itself. This is NOVEMBER already! If you look back over the 159 posts in this thread, I think they make it pretty clear that the members agree the old system was not designed to handle the larger rallies now occurring, and that changes need to be made.

I think it still might be possible to offer several choices and let the members vote. Admin could select locations where several members have indicated a willingness to help, even if they couldn't handle the whole thing alone. You don't need a finished plan in order to put those choices up (say three or maybe four?) and give a SHORT time to vote - it is already November! Then once the site is chosen, let that/those volunteers get busy forming a plan and recruiting various members to help with the legwork.

Absolutely! EVERYONE should not just be "allowed", but WELCOME! Although Vegas does sound like a great venue. Is there another Resort in the area that could be used? Have people suggested Vegas and offered to help?

Kathryn

~~~
Kathryn,

I for one appreciate your continued interest in Rally 2013 and all your suggestions but until our Community Administrators/iRV2.com leadership find time to make a site selection for the 2013 rally all we can do is wait (reference post #159 from Andy R). Continued discussions among the members serve no useful purpose until the leadership makes the next move. I am as frustrated as anyone waiting for a date and site selection.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #199

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
well spoken,I feel the same way.So we'll just wait for a post and maybe we can attend.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #200

Pond Piggies Club
It wouldn't bother me to return to someplace we have been before. We have attended two rallies, and even staying longer then the rallies, we didn't get to see everything we wanted.

Driver, if you {and the always wonderful Mrs. Driver} are planning a 2014 rally at Myrtle Beach, we have never been there, so if the health holds out, we would attend this.

And it would be nice to be able to start planning our trips for next year. April is booked, a trip to Florida to see my sister.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #201

I personally would like a MIDWEST site chosen. may give more from this region a chance to attend. i've been looking over the 2012 attendees list & we had RV's from Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Canada, Alabama, Louisiana, South Dakota ?? and Kentucky. Texas, i had you on an earlier post since you had 10 RV'ers. would be nice if some of them could post here if they prefer a Midwest location next year. how about it guys & gals-- here's your chance to speak-up, time is running out.

don't think i would attend if held in Sieverville again this year, been there so many times before & this years Traffic on the strip was a nightmare with Car Show in Pigeon Forge. luckly i learned many of the backroads from previous years of being there.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #202

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
[QUOTE=Kathryn;1361141]2012 Rally site was revealed on Sept 15th 2011 - a full year before the Rally itself. This is NOVEMBER already! If you look back over the 159 posts in this thread, I think they make it pretty clear that the members agree the old system was not designed to handle the larger rallies now occurring, and that changes need to be made.

Kathryn

If you look back to the first post Dickson made announcing the 2012 Rally, it was made on November 2. If I remember correctly, the Beth Page Rally wasn't even held until Sept. 25th. The meeting to discuss 2012 was held on the 30th and it was then announced that Dickson would be the Wagon Master and our first choice of the Rally was in Marion, NC, and that location was denied shortly after.

Please be patient folks. One member is working on a proposal for South Dakota, others are working on things as well. There will be a Rally and it will be successful. Whether you have 100+ rigs? Doesn't matter. We had a great Rally at Beth Page and there were 60 rigs.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #203

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
2012 Rally site was revealed on Sept 15th 2011 ...
If you look back to the first post Dickson made announcing the 2012 Rally, it was made on November 2...
I am SO sorry - you are absolutely correct!

I looked at the thread titled "2012 National Rally site revealed" by Dixieray53 ... I never opened the post since I was just looking for a date, so I looked over at the date posted ... 9-15- ... and went from that.

Must have had a brain fart, because THAT date was the date of the LAST REPLY ... on 9-15-2012 ... and it just didn't compute!!!!

So ... since last year was such a success ... obviously we still have time to do another great rally! ESPECIALLY if they adopt Andy's suggestion and there are many more members helping!

I don't care WHERE it is ... since I am just starting on this great adventure, they are all new to me and I will schedule that in. I am expecting to have my coach long before then ... but if for some reason I don't yet have it ... well, DAM! ... I think I will RENT a rig just to be able to go!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #204

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
If you try and hold a rally in the same location every year, people will come one year, but not the second and third. The whole point of the rally is to change locations, so people from different areas are able to attend and those attending can visit a different area of the country each year.
Depends on the area...I've been going to Sevierville 3 or 4 times a year for the last 4 years and I still haven't seen everything yet...I still think that if you approached a camp ground and told them that you wanted to hold a rally at their facility for the next three years on a certain date, and you would need "X" number of sites at "X" number of dollars per site, you could probably have a good chance of putting together a deal...
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Depends on the area...I've been going to Sevierville 3 or 4 times a year for the last 4 years and I still haven't seen everything yet...I still think that if you approached a camp ground and told them that you wanted to hold a rally at their facility for the next three years on a certain date, and you would need "X" number of sites at "X" number of dollars per site, you could probably have a good chance of putting together a deal...
I would not go back to Sevierville for a few years...as you can see different strokes
Old 11-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #206

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
If you look back to the first post Dickson made announcing the 2012 Rally, it was made on November 2. If I remember correctly, the Beth Page Rally wasn't even held until Sept. 25th. The meeting to discuss 2012 was held on the 30th and it was then announced that Dickson would be the Wagon Master and our first choice of the Rally was in Marion, NC, and that location was denied shortly after. ...
As Brenda mentions, the initial location in Marion was denied. That was an interesting turn of events as the first 2012 rally announcement for the Marion location was made immediately after the 2011 rally in late September or early October 2011 but the thread was removed from the forum by October 3rd. It took awhile for the reasons for that to be revealed. Anyone who is interested in that bit of history can read the first 20 posts in this thread.

Hopefully, a long range permanent plan will soon be in place to avoid these kinds of issues in the future.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #207

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I just did a time and costs thing for MY unit.

Home and Back Las Vegas = 8 travel days and $1,950 in gas

Home and back Washington DC = 16 travel days and $4,400 in gas

Unless we plan on Wallydocking (obligatory content ) the las Vegas run would require a further $300.00 minimum in CG fees and the latter would require about $900.00.

If the price of gas goes below the set price in my computer program then my costs will go down but growing oranges in Alaska has a better chance of happening. YMMV

We also have to include the costs of the ferries to get off and on this island.

DW and I have to be careful where we go and when because of a less than stellar pension funding issue.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #208
doc

Appalachian Campers
@ the arnolds > Just want to quote you something that Andy said before the last National in 2012

"I will be posting an announcement shortly asking for proposals for the 2012 National.

In the meantime feel free to discuss things you like and dislike about locations, events, campgrounds, etc. The more feedback we have the better! "

Many of us feel that it is in the interest of the organization to discuss different locations. If not you will have a rally in Myrtle Beach one year and Sevierville the next. There are indeed other locations out there that other members have not thought of or are not aware of.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #209

Mid Atlantic Campers
let the admins and mods pick the sites and run the rallies. that way we won't need to argue, just decide to go or not. that simple!

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
let the admins and mods pick the sites and run the rallies. that way we won't need to argue, just decide to go or not. that simple!
Agreed! That is what Andy R said the leadership was going to do way back on post #159. If all these other folks think they will sway their decision by continuing to suggest locations then let them type away.
Closed Thread

Tags
national, rally