Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #225
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by M zoll View Post
What about Branson, MO? I believe they have camp grounds big enough. And a lot of great things to do.
Are you sharing this thought with us because you have been there? We have had 2 National Rallies in Branson. I have worked two rallies in Branson; one for iRV2. Branson would be fine but again we need time to book it in advance due to the popularity of the location.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #226

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Would someone just make a decision? Date and place, I don't care. I volunteered to help, but as I have never organized a rally of any type feel less than qualified to be the wagon master.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #227

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
In regard to the 2013 rally, I am regrettably withdrawing the proposals I submitted because one of the proposals I obtained was time sensitive (GA) and the other gained no traction (IA).
I know we're supposed to be waiting for some higher powers to make some sort of decision on something - dividing up the wagonmaster responsibilities, or otherwise coming up with another method of assigning responsibility - but I'm disappointed to learn there were proposals (likely very detailed if they were made by DriVer) and members were not notified and permitted to provide feedback. Georgia and Iowa would have been good locations IMO.

One of the main issues for DW and I is timeliness. We are already booking dates and making plans for next fall. It's likely that iRV2 will not be part of our plans at this point. That may change but the calendar is getting full.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I just did a time and costs thing for MY unit.

Home and Back Las Vegas = 8 travel days and $1,950 in gas

Home and back Washington DC = 16 travel days and $4,400 in gas

Unless we plan on Wallydocking (obligatory content ) the las Vegas run would require a further $300.00 minimum in CG fees and the latter would require about $900.00.

If the price of gas goes below the set price in my computer program then my costs will go down but growing oranges in Alaska has a better chance of happening. YMMV

We also have to include the costs of the ferries to get off and on this island.

DW and I have to be careful where we go and when because of a less than stellar pension funding issue.
Wow! Had not really been thinking about that. With budgets as tight as they are, somewhere central would seem more fair to all.

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 11-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #229

Thor Owners Club
Wow.... This is getting worse not better.... If no one steps up there can not be a rally... Rally by group decision and group MANGEMENT will not work... In this thread we have not agreed on anything, other then to keep talking. Talking does not get a rally done... If YOU are not going to host the rally then I would hope any further post you make are made to LIFT up the member who might be watching, but can't decide to host the rally but might .... This is a very hard job. There was great satisfaction for Trace and I that we did a great job, but that is the only reward.... If you want to work for the better good and personnel satisfaction and not monetary gain then this might be the job for you. Trace and I are here to help 24/7... But we are not hosting this rally... Just here to help. Our best to you... D&T
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #230

It is difficult for anyone to volunteer for Wagon Master or any other position until the WEB Site Owner and the leadership team identifies a location and picks a date. I reference the post below, which I have referenced several other times with no comment or further information from the decision makers.
2013 iRV2 National Rally Post #159 By Andy R Community Administrator
10-29-2012, 07:42 PM
“I wanted to post an update to everyone who is watching this 2013 National discussion. I have been chatting with the Admin team about changing the way we approach the National. In the past, when the event was smaller, expecting a couple to step up and host the event was reasonable. As it grows in size it's a more daunting task and it's going to get harder and harder to find people willing to step up and organize the whole thing. That being said, my idea is to select a campground, set the dates, put down the deposit and then ask for volunteers to help with various aspects of the event such as entertainment, dining, welcoming, day trips, etc. Most people will feel more comfortable offering assistance with one of these smaller tasks then taking on the burden of planning the entire event. This would also allow more people to get involved which is a great way to stimulate more local rallies around the year.

So stay tuned as we evaluate the proposals which have been made so far and also explore some ideas for other locations which have been submitted in the past. We will make an announcement at some point in the near future”.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #231

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
New here so my first time to watch something like this come together - if in fact it is. I mean no slight to anyone - but there is an old business saying:

The collective IQ of the management group is equal to 1/2 that of the lowest IQ in the group.

I have no doubt this will come together eventually but just imagine asking 100,000 people what they would like for dinner. Hence the rubber chicken convention dinner - fish and vegetarian option.

Not sure if a survey can be built here or not but there are sites like Survey Monkey that can be used for next to nothing.

Suggest a survey by region - would you attend - would you wagon master y/n help y/n - suggested park etc. You can provide a link to the user group and let it run for a set time. Post the results, let the beat region win - narrow the group to those who would serve and let them get to work.

Not sure it would work - but would be as good as herding cats, be somewhat statistical - and at least as fair if not more so than what's happening now - which I'm not sure I could tell you exactly where we stand now. At least the survey approach would be quantifiable at worst.

Again, no slight intended to anyone.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #232

well i could brew about 100 gallons of beer for tap ....as i am a good brewer and seems lots like beer for cocktails.....just need it to be more central location. and a date of course so i could plan if fits into schedule....i have trailer and all ect for hauling my "goods" with 10 kegs and taps ect.....jeff
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #233

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere
well i could brew about 100 gallons of beer for tap ....as i am a good brewer and seems lots like beer for cocktails.....just need it to be more central location. and a date of course so i could plan if fits into schedule....i have trailer and all ect for hauling my "goods" with 10 kegs and taps ect.....jeff
I thought I had killed it or been excluded from posts. I say you bring the beer - name the place - date and time and we just have a party on your schedule. Enough of us are subscribed to the thread we'd have notice enough to sober up and head to the rally in due time. Just in case - PM a couple of us with the recipe and we'll bring ingredients for next batch of 100 or two.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #234

Just a quick question....Just how many rigs would some one expect to host if they wanted to jump into frying pan from the fire?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #235

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat
Just a quick question....Just how many rigs would some one expect to host if they wanted to jump into frying pan from the fire?
Where is said frying pan?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Where is said frying pan?
LOL!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #237

"Where is said frying pan?" Me thinks that brings this discussion back full circle. I have only been here a little over a year, still a newbe by some standards. I have never attended any organized rallies, and probably would not know what to do if I just attended one. SOOOO that is why I asked the question above.. Just how many rigs or what kind of turnout is expected? Our camping club has had any where from 13 to 15 rigs. we can go any where there is a clubhouse that will seat 30 -35 people. Oh by the way We are in the north western panhandle of Florida. better known as the 'Red neck Riveria", or L. A. (lower Alabama)
Old 11-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #238
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wire Wrat - check THIS THREAD for attendance at past rallies. That should give you an idea on what to expect.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Closed Thread

Tags
national, rally