Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #253

Good Sam uses their rallies here every year

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #254
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by david2499 View Post
Good Sam uses their rallies here every year
Yes they do but they book their rallies way in advance. A Perry, GA would be doable. The 2 museums I would look at are the USAF Museum at Warner Robbins and Andersonville.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 11-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #255

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
254 Posts (Yes I started at Number 1 tonight and read them all) and all I get is weighted down with everyone's two and three cents and can not buy a coke with any of it.

I am disappointed that the Admin people have yet to return with the new plan spoken of, it sounds like they are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel that should carry this issue well into the future and I am waiting details so I can see how to help.

I have made a bunch of notes as I read all 254 posts and I will try and put a proposal together in the next couple of days to submit to the Admin people, but right now I am worn out dodging all the cents being thrown out in this thread.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #256

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme
254 Posts (Yes I started at Number 1 tonight and read them all) and all I get is weighted down with everyone's two and three cents and can not buy a coke with any of it.
Good luck. Already crossed it off the list and making other plans. Think I said it before but since I still have a job - need to have vacation plans figured out and CG reservations made. Don't have a clue where or when much less if we would be..... We're pretty new here and thought it would be nice to meet some folks. Maybe when we hit full time in '14 we can be more flexible.

Seriously - we wish you luck. 10/29 last post from anyone with clout - either something really good is coming or pfft.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 AM   #257

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Denise and I have decided to make our 2013 plans and have started booking for the trips we plan and we will be doing at least three trips to the east and we were hoping to work in a rally as well.

It looks like the Vancouver Island gathering will be the only IRV2 event we get to this year. On to 2014.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #258

Sorry but I was hoping for the southeast somewhere .Maybe next year I would like to meet everyone someday a lot of interesting people on IRV2 with allot of experience on this site that I would like to meet.David2499
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good luck. Already crossed it off the list and making other plans.
Me too...my 2013 schedule is set. Sorry I will not be attending the 2013 iRV2 Rally becuase we really had a wonderful time and met a ton of very nice people at the 2012.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #260

Nor'easters Club
Current Status!?/[***

Hi Folks! My apologies if I any of the following is redundant, but honestly do not have time to read or re-read over 250 posts. The following is my take on current status and does not reflect the opinion of anyone who might be confused with someone who actually knows something! Looks to me as though we are already a month behind the "official" announcement of 2012 rally which I believe was 11/3/11. Of course by making the announcement of the rally at that date means that months of preparation and planning had already taken place. This means we would appear to be even further behind for the 2013 announcement. Second, I am not clear as to which is supposed to come first, the site or the wagon masters? Last year it appeared that the site and wagon masters arrived about the same time (the 2011 rally). Then the site was put on hold/changed (take your pick) but the wagon masters (thankfully) keep on and did a fantastic job! I think I have read that several proposals have been prepared but not necessarily submitted. And some prepared, submitted or not?, have timed out. There has been discussion both ways as to which comes first, with good arguments for both. Anyway, I guess the point is, could someone who does know what is going on (see my disclaimer above), please bring the membership up to date on what IS going on pertaining to the 2013 rally? Speaking as someone who is fairly new to iRV2, it does not bode well for the many, many new members that attended the 2012 rally, to attend the 2013 rally when reading over the prior messages in this thread, as evidenced by last four or five posts before this one with members crossing the 2013 rally off their travel plans. And being new (and naive), I can say that it definitely does not look good for those in charge of decision making at iRV2. . There may be legitimate reasons and concerns for the 2013 delay. But 2013 delay is fast approaching becoming the 2014 announcement. In closing (yea, finally!), I don't mean to preach or point fingers. And I can only imagine the prep necessary. The above is just my thoughts, albeit, based on my limited knowledge, but it does seem as though the members need some decisions and direction soon. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #261

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Having lived in the Western 'burbs of DC for most of my adult life..

Where would we put 100 rigs? (realestate is very expensive in Metro DC so there are not many RV parks, and the ones that we do have are not large by Rally standards)

Maybe Gettysb'g and have tour busses run to DC..
I grew up in the eastern 'burbs. How about Greenbelt Park?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #262

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Possibly one of the iRV2 staff could plot the distribution of all members, by state, on a map of the US. The center of this distribution would be a good location.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #263

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N
Possibly one of the iRV2 staff could plot the distribution of all members, by state, on a map of the US. The center of this distribution would be a good location.
I'd like to see that regardless of purpose. Wonder how the SD and Livingston Tx full timer addresses would pull the distribution - with and without them? Heat map anyone?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #264
doc

Appalachian Campers
If it ain't gonna happen, then maybe we need a 'spontaneous' non-national rally? It is getting close to a deadline for spring travel and fall planning. We likely will be in S Dakota/Wyoming area for several weeks. Anyone is welcome to stop by.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #265
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
It's official, the National Rally is now set, the announcement has been made here:
2013 National Rally - September 8-14 - Amana Colonies

We will be working on the logistics of the event in the months ahead and registration should be open around the end of January.

This thread will be closed so we can chat in the other official 2013 Thread.

Tags
national, rally