Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #71

2013 Wagon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
I am working on putting the list in order of states and in pdf form and will get posted by tomorrow.
Tracy,

Who was the couple that was interested in being Wagon Master for 2013? They had to leave quickly to go and pick up their new rig so we did not get an opportunity to talk to them. Are they still interested in being Wagon Master?

Thanks!
Jack

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #72

We are going to Elkhart this Thursday to attend a 2 day Camp Freightline class and we plan on looking around a little. We were in Elkhart a couple of years ago and found it to be a bit depressed but maybe we were looking in the wrong direction. I will report my findings.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Tracy,

Who was the couple that was interested in being Wagon Master for 2013? They had to leave quickly to go and pick up their new rig so we did not get an opportunity to talk to them. Are they still interested in being Wagon Master?

Thanks!
Jack
Jack-- i'm sending you a PM
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #74

Jack, check your PM again
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #75

Mid Atlantic Campers
How about the BLACK HILLS in South Dakota. There is so much to see and do in the area, what a beautiful place. It's easy to get to from anywhere in the country. Lot's of great locations to visit either coming to the Rally or going home. I don't know about you guys but I go for the area, friends and to see a new place. Door prizes and goodie bags don't mean much to me. What a pain for rally organizers. I want a few decent meals and good fellow ship, you know, the good ole camping experience!!!!!!!!!

Let's not beat 2013 to death.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitha View Post
Central NY about 40 miles north of Syracuse.
Foothills of the Adirondack Mts.

RV Campgrounds - Brennan Beach RV Campgrounds & Resort in New York, Largest RV Park in the Northeast
300 transient sites, large pavilion, busy during high season.
Golf nearby, this time of year Salmon start running.
Leaf peeping, apple picking, Boat tours of the Thousand Islands.

We/ I would be willing to help w/ a rally where ever.

Gotta start getting some use out of our new to us MACA, once the DW heals from her 9th surgery.

Keith
Hope your DW heals quickly!

I LOVE that area, and there's TONS to do around there (day trips into the ADK Mountains are great too! Simple hikes to energetic climbs)

We were a little farther north and west of there the last week of June into July and the weather was GREAT!!!! Lows in the 50-60 and highs in the 80's....
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #77
doc

Appalachian Campers
Welcome to Hill City, South Dakota - welcome-to-hill-city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
How about the BLACK HILLS in South Dakota. There is so much to see and do in the area, what a beautiful place. It's easy to get to from anywhere in the country. Lot's of great locations to visit either coming to the Rally or going home. I don't know about you guys but I go for the area, friends and to see a new place. Door prizes and goodie bags don't mean much to me. What a pain for rally organizers. I want a few decent meals and good fellow ship, you know, the good ole camping experience!!!!!!!!!

Let's not beat 2013 to death.
Actually it is pretty healthy for the membership to discuss locations. There needs to be more discussion. I do indeed agree with the Black Hills location. Hart Ranch is the only place there that I found with faciities big enough to satisfy the new requirements.
We are huge fans of the Hills as well and have suggest this as a great location for a rally. The weather there now is great, but I see the temps at night in the teens for the next few days.
If you will volunteer as the rallymaster, I will help anyway I can, up to and including personally going to the area before the rally and making personal contact and taking care of things there.

I suggest as contacts : Homepage - Rapid City Chamber of Commerce, http://www.blackhillsvisitor.com/ind...4&cat_id=30134 , SD GFP | State Parks | Directory | Custer State Park , http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/direct...cs/tatanka.pdf ,

PM me if you consider volunteering
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Welcome to Hill City, South Dakota - welcome-to-hill-city

Actually it is pretty healthy for the membership to discuss locations. There needs to be more discussion. I do indeed agree with the Black Hills location. Hart Ranch is the only place there that I found with faciities big enough to satisfy the new requirements.
We are huge fans of the Hills as well and have suggest this as a great location for a rally. The weather there now is great, but I see the temps at night in the teens for the next few days.
If you will volunteer as the rallymaster, I will help anyway I can, up to and including personally going to the area before the rally and making personal contact and taking care of things there.

I suggest as contacts : Homepage - Rapid City Chamber of Commerce, Welcome to Black Hills Visitor , SD GFP | State Parks | Directory | Custer State Park , http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/direct...cs/tatanka.pdf ,

PM me if you consider volunteering
We LOVE SD! If it is held there I will help as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I visited the Hart Ranch WEB site and it appears to be a members type resort? Do they take non-member reservations? Do they host large RV Rallies (100+ rigs)?;
"Hart RanchResort has 414 full hook-up RV sites offering 40' concrete slabs with 20, 30, 50 amp, cable TV, water, and sewer. The sites are situated to give everyone their privacy and space and help avoid feeling overcrowded. Additionally, the Resort has 48 sites in our Meadowlands area, with 50 amps of power, cable TV, and water, with access to a nearby dump station.
All RV Sites are available to all membership types, except “C” members, on a first come first served basis.
NOTE: “C” class members are limited to primitive camping only and are no longer sold.
Reservations can be made 60 days in advance for RV sites and cabins."
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #80
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
NOTE: “C” class members are limited to primitive camping only and are no longer sold.
This does not seem to sit very well, I imagine they would not accept any type of trailer either
See My RV Upgrades
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
This does not seem to sit very well, I imagine they would not accept any type of trailer either
John,

Class "C" is the class of the membership, not the class of the RV. From what I could read from the Hart Ranch Resort WEB site they are not open to the general public unless they are trying to sell you a membership. There is no rate table for an individual camp site, etc. Therefore I question how we could use this location as a Rally option.

Thanks!
Jack
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #82
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for setting me straight.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 10-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #83

Mid Atlantic Campers
Hart Ranch was on my mind, I've stayed there before, we are members. There is also a big KOA outside Rapid City that would work. I believe all the campgrounds would be anxious to have a decent sized rally at that time of the year! Remember the trip is the best part of the Rally IMHO. I used to ride my bike from Pa to Sturgis, doing it in a Motor Home would be a breeze. I would probably stay out west for 3 or 4 weeks. New rules? How many of our Rallies have had 100 rigs?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #84
doc

Appalachian Campers
Steve, I'm not sure about the membership issue at Hart. We have never stayed there, but I know they are in a beautiful valley on a stream and are HUGE. From there it is a short trip up to Bear Country and the snake place (reptile gardens maybe??)
I am not familiar with the KOA. If it would work, then all the better.
It is not a short trip, but we do have a good time each time we head there. Something like 1600 and change from Atlanta to CSP and Custer city. (We cross Iowa and then north on 29 to avoid St Louis Mo, Kanas and Nebraska boredom)

Tags
national, rally