Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
X2 on South Dakota......it's on our bucket list

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #86

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
(We cross Iowa and then north on 29 to avoid St Louis Mo, Kanas and Nebraska boredom)
Yes.. I-80 to I-29 to I-90 looks to be a good route (we have driven it before) But..
But.. by taking that route you miss the SPAM museum in Austin MN..

2006 "Collector Edition" Arctic Fox 24-5N
Old 10-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #87

Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
In regards to Hart Ranch, I posted this earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
I like the look but don't see a conference center or place to meet and eat. Also seems to be a private membership club. I'm sure who ever is wagon master can check it out

Thanks for the link
If you guys want to have meals together like in TN we have to not only find a place with enough sites but also with a conference center of some kind that can seat 300 people and serving line. The vendors can be in a tent outside and dont have to have room (I know a few have said don't care about vendors but their support and fees can allow us a few more things such as coffee and donuts, additional entertainment, firewood, things you wont have to pay for).

If anyone wants to volunteer (the one from the rally still isn't sure if they can) to call these places and see if the facility will support us and our needs we may be able to narrow the discussion. You can PM me and I will assist with helping anyone on making sure site is feasable and submitting a proposal.

Dickson and I will assist any wagonmaster who volunteers and help them through the process.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #88

KOA in Rapid City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
Hart Ranch was on my mind, I've stayed there before, we are members. There is also a big KOA outside Rapid City that would work. I believe all the campgrounds would be anxious to have a decent sized rally at that time of the year! Remember the trip is the best part of the Rally IMHO. I used to ride my bike from Pa to Sturgis, doing it in a Motor Home would be a breeze. I would probably stay out west for 3 or 4 weeks. New rules? How many of our Rallies have had 100 rigs?
I'm thinking that KOA you speak of was the one we stayed at a couple years ago, the ONLY good thing about it was LEAVING. A totally gravel lot and high priced, we screwed up by not going one more exit to the Walmart, seriously it would have been alot nicer stay. I'd love to go to SD to a decent campground. Although I'm still hoping for the Elkhart location. And No I'm not volunteering......Kudos to all and anyone that does though.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #89

Mid Atlantic Campers
I never stayed at the KOA so I don't know of there facility. There are so many beautiful CGs in the hills. But we really limit our opportunities with all these restrictions we place on ourselves ( conference centers and giant halls). I've attended large manufactures Rallies that were held in tents, they worked out just fine. What happened to camping, and making due? I'm willing to bet conference halls and such ad quite a bit to the site fees. Let's try to think a bit outside the box. Who knows it could be fun.

PS: While speaking to one of the CGs I was told that if we should go the 2 or 3 week of Sept we can see the Buffalo round up in Custer NP held 1 day a year. Cooool

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #90

I was mistaken

The KOA I was thinking of was Rock Springs, WY. Sorry about that. The one in Rapids City was not the one I was talking about. OOPPSS. Darn old-timers coming thru again.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SD sounds nice it's a great place. I would agree with Tracy as she would know about the vendors and their support. I would think that with all the manufacturers in the Elkhart area you might get a ton of support and vendors. Just a thought that might help out the Rally Master whoever it might be. Jim
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #92

Think outside.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
I never stayed at the KOA so I don't know of there facility. There are so many beautiful CGs in the hills. But we really limit our opportunities with all these restrictions we place on ourselves ( conference centers and giant halls). I've attended large manufactures Rallies that were held in tents, they worked out just fine. What happened to camping, and making due? I'm willing to bet conference halls and such ad quite a bit to the site fees. Let's try to think a bit outside the box. Who knows it could be fun.

PS: While speaking to one of the CGs I was told that if we should go the 2 or 3 week of Sept we can see the Buffalo round up in Custer NP held 1 day a year. Cooool
I'd be okay without the big hall if the weather was cool enough. I want to get one of the "Life is Good" T-shirts that says "Think Outside - No box required". Although as we age I find the need to be camping outside the RV is not the same as when the kids were with us. But still love the outdoors and nature.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #93

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Help out

Driver,
If the rally would end up in Myrtle Beach i would be glad to help out. I'm a little over 2 hours away and we go to Willow Tree all the time. If you need a hand I'll dop what I can. I am new to this site and Tn was my first rally.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #94
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, I'm just thinking how "comfortible" we'd have been the first couple of days in Sevierville if we'd not had that nice hall to meet in? For those that were not there, I think I saw Noah leading a pair of camels through the campground.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #95
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I believe a hall building is a requirement for protection from the weather, bugs. etc.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #96

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I believe a hall building is a requirement for protection from the weather, bugs. etc.
Large tents worked well at the '09 rally in Ohio.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #97
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We didn't have tents in '09 (I remember one at the '05 in Lancaster), but we did have a large pavillion with plastic drop-down sides to keep out the rain:

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NR09-01-089.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	27367  
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #98

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My motorcycle club just hosted 1401 (official registration number) of riders and we ran a huge beer garden that was in a tent 100 X 400 feet and the cost of that for fours days was ISTR $2,000.00 and that included them setting it up and taking it down.

In the Black Hills a similar tent would be perfect for the meals, dancing and silliness games. I've never been to an RV rally so if you don't need a tent this big smaller would be cheaper.

Tags
national, rally