Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Akron, Canton .... what's the diff, they are all in Ohio.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #114
doc

Appalachian Campers
"It seems to me that a wagonmaster/location isn't up to who puts their hand up and says I will host a rally if held at place X, but on whether "the powers that be" approve the location, place and time. This kind of kills the idea of the wagonmaster being in charge. Why not have "the powers that be" take charge and be the wagonmasters? They want to be in charge, so let them."

John, Grumpy didn't just pull this out of the sky. This was close to the gist of the statements made about the time of the presentation of the 4 possible locations for a future rally. Basically that the owner has final decision on where the national rally will be held. There was something mentioned about the marketing aspect, but we could not hear all that was said as several people were talking all at the same time.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #115

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with Gumpytrkr Elkhart Indiana sounds good Jim
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
Elkhart is my vote.

I like the Elkhart location. What was the name of the campground?? I'd like to look into the campground itself.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #117

Thor Owners Club
Hello All... Tracy and I ( due to a lack of interest of others ) are putting together a proposal for " the powers that be" .... It is taking some time.... people not returning calls, emails, etc... We will not be the wagon masters , but at least you, the members will have a real place and a real date to discuss and debate Check back often for details... .... D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #118

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
If you are speaking of the NFL Football Hall of Fame, you missed it by about 5 hours....That's located in Akron, OH....
Crap, must of taken a wrong turn in Dayton...........Maybe it is the College Hall of Fame???????? Opps, sorry. I was wrong. I will go to my room....
Old 10-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #119

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Hello All... Tracy and I ( due to a lack of interest of others ) are putting together a proposal for " the powers that be" .... It is taking some time.... people not returning calls, emails, etc... We will not be the wagon masters , but at least you, the members will have a real place and a real date to discuss and debate Check back often for details... .... D
Well, first off, Dixon, feel the love!!!!!

I don't think there could of been a nicer place to hold a rally then where we had it this year. Even staying an extra week, we didn't get to see everything we wanted.

I'll say this. If somebody would stand up and say they would be wagon master, but only if the dates are X day to X day, and it is held near Harold Warp's Village Museum in Minden, Nebraska, that "powers that be" would kick it back, because, to them, it's not the rally that's important, but how many rig attend. Yes, I realize that the number of rigs make up a rally, however, how many local Good Sam clubs are out there that have great rallies with 17 or 22 units. Isn't it about getting together and having fun, and not the number of units that show up? When I would help plan the Shasta Rally in Indiana, we used the fairgrounds, and when we had a total number of units, which was around 30 to 40, I called a local eattery, and we made reservations for that many people. And we all got to set around and visit, and the cooks of the family got the day off.

As I said before, the boss said no matter where the rally is held next year, we will put fourth our best effort to attend.

Safe Travels,
Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #120
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
"It seems to me that a wagonmaster/location isn't up to who puts their hand up and says I will host a rally if held at place X, but on whether "the powers that be" approve the location, place and time. This kind of kills the idea of the wagonmaster being in charge. Why not have "the powers that be" take charge and be the wagonmasters? They want to be in charge, so let them."

John, Grumpy didn't just pull this out of the sky. This was close to the gist of the statements made about the time of the presentation of the 4 possible locations for a future rally. Basically that the owner has final decision on where the national rally will be held. There was something mentioned about the marketing aspect, but we could not hear all that was said as several people were talking all at the same time.
I heard the presentation that was made and maybe since I had heard both
sides before the presentation I took the speech a different way. Either way suffice it to say a rally can only be put on by someone with the dedication and ability to do so.

The rally this year was one to set the bar for those to come in the future. Yes the powers to be had some input in the discussion as to where it would be held but I don't believe they were naive enough to think they could have a Rally Master hold it other than where he/she wanted to nor would they try to in the future.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #121
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Lots of good discussion & locations mentioned. Now we just need some wagonmasters to step up & submit proposals so we've got options.

Lori-
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #122

Mid Atlantic Campers
I seem to remember that the vote held in Urbana VA was over turned by the powers that be. It didn't suit them. Dixon was flexible enough to allow his location to be changed, which I felt was very generous on his part. Make no mistake the powers that be will use their influence to have Rallies where they feel it's in the best interest of IRV2.

I have just heard back from Hart Ranch in Rapid City SD. They are interested in our rally and are willing to work with us. We may be more in need of HEAT then AC in mid Sept in the Hills. Stay Tuned.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #123
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The overturned rally location was decided by a protocol that was not what was accepted by the forum owner and administrators. It was decided by a limited number of members.

The location has to be suitable to the largest number of members.

If someone is really interested in a specific location, step forward and accept the wagonmaster position for a specific location. It will be considered. But after 8 pages, no one will step forward. If I were not working, and had the time, I'd consider the job, but it does not pay enough to keep the bills paid. Wagonmaster is a lot of work and you have to assemble a good team to support you.

My 2 cents worth.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #124

Winnebago Owners Club
I have just finished reading all 9 pages to this thread and .... Wow. I'm trying to come up with the words to describe what I have read and I just can't quite get there. What I have been able deduce is that we are no closer to choosing a wagon master, location or time of year.

It seems that we first need someone to volunteer to be wagon master and second chose a location and third the time of year. Until someone volunteers to be wagon master the rest is not real important, yet. And before anyone flames me and says why don't I step up and do it, let me say that I don't have the time nor the skills to do it. Don't believe me? Ask my DW!

I don't really care where the rally is held next year. If it fits into our travel plans then we will most certainly attend and if it doesn't, then we will look forward to 2014.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #125
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
I seem to remember that the vote held in Urbana VA was over turned by the powers that be. It didn't suit them. Dixon was flexible enough to allow his location to be , which I felt was very generous on his part. Make no mistake the powers that be will use their influence to have Rallies where they feel it's in the best interest of IRV2.

I have just heard back from Hart Ranch in Rapid City SD. They are interested in our rally and are willing to work with us. We may be more in need of HEAT then AC in mid Sept in the Hills. Stay Tuned.

Thanks Jestme. We would probably be fine there. Great place if if we can get in there. Volunteer and take the job? -
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #126

Mid Atlantic Campers
There are so many details to be worked out that a proposal at this time is not possible.

It would be a shame to think that the all this work is wasted on a solicitation for proposals. I would also think that the powers should be happy that someone would take on the task. All this talk about the best location for the group, what percentage of the group actually attends these Rallies? I think the best support for a Rally would be to see the "powers that be" attend.
Maybe the "powers that be" should organize and hold a Rally. That would help them really understand the process from the roots up. J.M.O. guys.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Closed Thread

Tags
national, rally