Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2013 iRV2 Rally Selection

We cannot make it this year but it looks great! I'd like to put it on our calendar for next year. Are there any dates or location penciled in for 2013 yet? Are there other iRV2 rallies besides this national one?

Thanks!

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We have not selected a date for 2013 yet.

There are regional rallys organized on a local level.

Check our Regional Forums.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Sure would love to see a Black Hills National
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We need a rally master first.

How about it Doc?

It's hard to find someone to take on the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Sure would love to see a Black Hills National

Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
We need a rally master first.

How about it Doc?

It's hard to find someone to take on the job.
I wouldn’t mind helping the Rally Master with the arrangements for the 2013 but I am new to all this so I need to be the assistant to the assistant for one or two so I know what is expected. My DW and I have volunteered to help some on this year’s rally but that is no different than helping with a church social and a far cry from being a Rally Master
Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
I have actually asked and did some exploratory work on the possibility of such an occurance. Problem is I have been unable to find a campground that has the things we actually need for such a rally. Broken Arrow in Custer said they would love to have us, but when I mentioned we might have as many as 50 rigs they said they just could not guarantee space for that many and still have room for their customers that come back year after year.
If the members would like to consider a Rally in the Hills, we could discuss this in Tennessee. MsC and I consider this area one of the most interesting and beautiful in the nation - or at least where we have been. Full of history and western lore.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I don't want to rob anyone's thunder if they are willing and able to manage an event like a National Rally however I would like to put this on the table; in the event a "safety valve" is needed to assure continuity of National Rally events - I and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina remain available as an option. I would also consider the Huntsville, AL area as a viable option as well.

Colleen has always been hoping that a Florida Cooter (former Boomer) would step up and have a National Rally in the vicinity of Orlando, Florida. Talk about entertainment value. There is also an "Ideal" time (IMHO) to do this and that's exactly 1 week after Thanksgiving Day. No lines, no hastles, no waiting, good to excellent weather. Been there and done that and would not hesitate to go again. The rally could be themed; "Christmas in December" but that's stating the obvious!

I am going out on a limb but I believe that a point west of the Mississippi would be a destination that our West Coast members would like to see happen as well. The Texas Boomers have always had good turnouts and they may also want to step up to the plate. Texas can put a hundred rigs in the park from just their Region alone. The furthest West iRV2 has been is Arizona!

Next to be harassed, "The Nor'Easters." These folks have been hanging around here for 12 years without once offering to put on a National Rally. Even the Mid-Atlantic folks put on a National Rally. There are indeed wonderful places to consider having a National in the North East however someone would have to step up and make it happen. September is always a beautiful time of the year in New England with occasionally crisp mornings and great evenings for campfires.

Like other popular organizations, we may have to consider much larger properties for instance like Perry, Georgia. If we can sell just over a hundred sites we can break even. Perry will accommodate any size rally we could think of and "Yes" it's possible. FMCA initially didn't get thousands of rigs to show up at their events. It's amazing when you think of it, that we are growing our need for a larger event and more space.

Vendors and seminars play major roles in growing an organizational event. This is a time proven fact that needs to be incorporated in any event that we would want to put forward on an annual basis. State Samborees often host hundreds of attendees and organizations like FMCA & Escapees host thousands. I would even go as far as say that an event like "The Rally" quite possibly will gross a revenue of 1M dollars but I have not seen the numbers. Again, these organizations started at zero, just like us.

I know how challenging it was to put on the 1st iRV2 National when there were no rules, books or procedures other than a want or desire to make it happen. We had a nice time with a small group in exactly the right place and exactly the right time. My experience up until that point was making arrangements for a Regional Rally in the North East but it was a start.

For someone like Dickson and Tracy that have not put on a Rally of this size and complexity speaks toward excellent organizational skills and the where with all to get the job done. Wanting to put on an event is one thing, making it happen to the degree that we are seeing from our Wagonmasters this year is remarkable.

Now that the century mark has been broken, we need to consider options for growth. Going forward campgrounds other than an "Ocean Lakes" type of property may not be able to support our National Rallies. Organizations have booked up to 300~400 sites at Ocean Lakes. As it is now the folks at River Plantation have allocated us all of their remaining inventory and the event is "Sold Out."

Like they said in the movie Jaws; "What we need is a bigger boat!"

Going into 2013, the ~Magic Number~ could be and by all means should be 150 rigs in the park!
Challenge yourself to accomplish great things and it will happen!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 08-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
doc

Appalachian Campers
Orlando would be a great location. Myrtle Beach has been sooooo done! Not kicking the location but we have had a lot of gettogethers there.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Orlando would be a great location. Myrtle Beach has been sooooo done! Not kicking the location but we have had a lot of gettogethers there.
I agree but I remain willing absent a location and person willing to assume Command of the 2013.

Doc, How about we do a rally at Stone Mountain? The owner there sent me a couple of rather nice welcoming eMails and what better place; "Atlanta!"

Lot's of stuff to do there!

It's always better to try and manage a rally from your back yard rather than from 3000 miles away.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post

For someone like Dickson and Tracy that have not put on a Rally of this size and complexity speaks toward excellent organizational skills and the where with all to get the job done. Wanting to put on an event is one thing, making it happen to the degree that we are seeing from our Wagon masters this year is remarkable.

Like they said in the movie Jaws; "What we need is a bigger boat!"

Going into 2013, the ~Magic Number~ could be and by all means should be 150 rigs in the park!
Challenge yourself to accomplish great things and it will happen!
First... Thank You Driver... For the kind words... It is alot of work ... Now as for 2013.. Tracy and I will help the "Next Man Up" get started off on the right foot, and will never be more then a phone call, email, or PM away... The magic # of sites a campground needs to have to host a 150 rig rally is 300 total sites and a conference center to get the job done. IMHO.. Stone Mountain RV Park can only accommodate if I remember correctly 75 rigs and they do not have an inside building...But I love that park...

This site was brought up in our search last year, and I would vote to hold 2013 there... If that's what the wagon master and admin. want

Here's a link to the RV park. it is a great area of the country and has not been done by iRV2 .....Peace.... D

Amana RV Park :: Groups
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We would prefer to have our National Rally in a different part of the country each year.

However, finding a rally master is difficult, and when we do have a volunteer, they have input as to the rally's location.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
We would prefer to have our National Rally in a different part of the country each year.

However, finding a rally master is difficult, and when we do have a volunteer, they have input as to the rally's location.
Hope you can make it 2013 Rally.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
...Here's a link to the RV park. it is a great area of the country and has not been done by iRV2 .....Peace.... D

Amana RV Park :: Groups
I don't have first-hand experience with Amana but my mother and father attended RV rallies at that facility a number of years ago. They liked the area and there were lots of things to do and see for day trips. I'd be willing to attend if it were held in Amana. Particularly if it could be in early to mid May.

Finding a rally master is a big challenge regardless of location.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
doc

Appalachian Campers
The more I think about it, Orlando sounds great. With the great members in Florida, surely there is someone with expertise and confidence to pull one off.

I just don't think I have either to pull off something like a National. I am wondering if the 100 + rig thing is a fluke or if it can be maintained. Some of the best rallies we have ever attended were smaller affairs. Anyone remember Tom Neal's rally in Mayberry and the pig cooking? Great time there. RIP Tom, we really miss you.

Tags
national, rally