Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #295

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
They said we couldn't pull it off. It wasn't the caliber of a National. Not enough members would come. It languished in limbo for months. Yes, a few canceled, some had doubts. Blue Ox blew us off without even letting us know they weren't coming. The pessimists had the upper hand....or so it seemed.

But in the state where the movie Field of Dreams was set, & only a bit over an hour away from Dyersville, we built it....& they came! 3 weeks from the Rally kickoff, we had just 23 rigs registered. 1 week from the kickoff, there were 42. They came from the north (Canada), the south (Florida), the east (Virginia) & the west (California). Those behind the scenes worked feverishly to put together badges, programs, goodie bag items, caterers, entertainment & door prizes. Laura Sue & her staff at the campground went over and above to make our attendeed welcome. Volunteers gladly pitched in to help with tasks once the Rally began (THANKS AGAIN FOLKS!). Attendees staged an impromptu "white elephant" sale. Melvin (wallynm) made a phone call & HWH stepped up to graciously host an up-close-&-personal plant tour for our members. By time the farewell dinner came around, tables were being pushed together so attendees could enjoy the delicious meal with their new-found & reacquainted friends. We weren't just iRV2 National Rally attendees - we were family.

I know I said it at the farewell dinner, but I wanted to again thank all of you who helped pull off "The Rally That Almost Wasn't". Thank you all for coming. I'm very proud of our "little" Rally. Good things come in small packages & this Rally proved it. It meant a lot to me that I got to meet & talk with so many of you. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as Dave & I did.

Til we meet again...safe travels!

Lori-

P.S. click on the photo - it looks SO much better in "Cinemascope"
Well said Lori, Kate and I had a great time. Small was good got to meet everyone. Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #296
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lori deserves a huge hand for helping pull off such a special event! Rallies these sizes have been very successful in the past including Texas (2008) and Ohio (2009). If the National starts to grow really big we'll have to plan more of these types of rallies throughout the year!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #297
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I would like to thank Lori and all the volunteers that made the 2013 National Rally such a successful event. The manner in which you came into this event at that last possible moment and delivered the rally to the members was exemplary. Congratulations on giving it your all and making the 2013 National an event that will long be remembered by all who attended. To have stepped up and taken charge of the event at the last moment demonstrated the great love that you have for the iRV2 Community and your commitment toward getting the job done. This was not easy work.

We are all very proud of you.

I would also like to thank Janet H for her background work and coordination efforts as well. Janet took a lead role in helping the 2013 National Rally be the success that it was.

I would also like to acknowledge the role that Andy played in booking the event and handling all the background administrative tasks that were required to get this event rolling and to help support it to a successful conclusion.

I would also like to thank all of the vendors that supported us this year and we are looking forward to working with you next year as well.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #298
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Awwww, look at that header. Thanks, Andy! Dave's getting real good at panoramas with blank space on the left for the iRV2 site logo to reside without messing up the pic.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #299

Monaco Owners Club
New banner.

Lov N it !!!!
KRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Awwww, look at that header. Thanks, Andy! Dave's getting real good at panoramas with blank space on the left for the iRV2 site logo to reside without messing up the pic.

L-
Can't see it on the app, so am heading over to the "real" site to take a peek. Curiosity piqued!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #301

Yup, looks great! We had some nice evening skies and this pic captures that and really fits the allotted space. Well done!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #302

Monaco Owners Club
That's a real nice header. We did have some nice sunsets even if it was hot, hot , for the first part of the week. Went from shorts and t-shirts was to much to bluejeans and a coat in a short time. Had a great time with everyone that attended. Jim
Old 09-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #303

First rally

Thank you to everyone involved, and those that attended. Cam, Abbie and I had such a great time making new friends, sharing experiences, and visiting the amana area. The morning coffee chit chats, the campfire ( till some bug did a number on us), meals out with new friends, it was a great first for us. What a great community of folks on this forums. Thank you for the hospitality. Thanks rose for camping help, waylucing was amazing, and were at desoto till Sunday then heading home. We will be back to Wisconsin and travel the river road again. Looking forward to next year.

Heather
Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 AM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
Thank you to everyone involved, and those that attended. Cam, Abbie and I had such a great time making new friends, sharing experiences, and visiting the amana area. The morning coffee chit chats, the campfire ( till some bug did a number on us), meals out with new friends, it was a great first for us. What a great community of folks on this forums. Thank you for the hospitality. Thanks rose for camping help, waylucing was amazing, and were at desoto till Sunday then heading home. We will be back to Wisconsin and travel the river road again. Looking forward to next year.

Heather
You better stop in and see us if you get back to Wisconsin. We booked for next year already
Old 09-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #305

Monaco Owners Club
Wyalusing is great

We extended our journey home by staying at the Riverside park in Dubuque, thanks to one of the other iRV2 friends for the recommendation. Thought I could add a pic but I guess it's on my phone and not on my laptop. Maybe later.
KRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #306
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm happy you found it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #307

The folks that helped us tour the HWH facility were Paul Hanser that met us at the door who just happens to be the founder of HWH as I understand it.
Kurt Peterson was our well informed and incredibly knowledge tour guide. Ashley and Cindy provided the logistical support in getting everything arranged. BTW one of my unanswered questions has been answered - There are ~ 6 acres under roof at the facility.

Pushed by a KITTY KAT
wallynm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, rally