Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #239
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can use the iRV2 sticker in your goody bag to prop up in the windshield.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #240
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by keblabintx View Post
The Butlers are here in G2...
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #241

Monaco Owners Club
Went on the 9 AM walk around tour, was a great idea as it got hot hot later. Did walk around town and then took a AC car ride to the other towns. Make sure to stop and see the general store in Fern Hill, cool place. The gal said Jesse James once visited for supplies but never paid, imagine that Jesse stealing stuff. The general store in High Amana is pretty cool too, if you are in these area's check it out Jim
Old 09-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #242
Moderator Emeritus

I sure hope some of you there are able to sample some of the great German food available in town!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #243
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yeah, the thermometer on the shady side of the coach is reading 99.5-degrees right now. That's hot but at least there's a breeze making the shade tolerable with a cold beverage in hand. Supposed to have one more day of this heat & then it'll start to cool down Wed. If I remember, that same thermometer read 105-degrees in the shade in at the Nat'l in Sevierville in 2006.....& there was no breeze.

It's supposed to be just 92 this evening. Not sure that's very conducive to having a group campfire. But it's supposed to be in the 40's Friday night into Saturday so by then campfire will feel good.

I had bratwurst, cheesewurst & REAL mashed potatoes for lunch today at the Colony Inn. They put chives in the cottage cheese. Never thought of that, but it sure was good.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #244

Oops! It didn't take my pictures, so here I'll try again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4241752971.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	45788

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2299732275.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	45789
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
No day is too hot for a camp fire;
I see how far back y'all are sitting! ;0
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #246

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to potmo Send a message via Yahoo to potmo
Greetings

Hi all,

I'm chilling out alone tonight. I seem to be the only one here with a vintage, beat up rig. Was feeling sorry for myself and whining about my wet floor and my grey tank not draining.

Everyone I have met so far is super nice, though it seems most are in a little bit of a different lifestyle than me so I'm feeling a bit out of place.

I took the advice of the RV registration lady and took a rather nice walk into town. Very cute, quaint and rustic! I had a nice German dinner at the place right before the OxBow by the Clothes encounter store... Can't remember the name. Dinner was good and I especially enjoyed the stout from the local brewery. I walked back the long way along part of the "kolonieweg" trail.

I cooled off nicely and caught up on some computery stuff with my netbook and I-phone as wifi hotspot, but by the time I was done all the shops were closed. Nonetheless my grumpiness was alleviated and I feel much better about things in general. It's only about 20 minutes into Amana from the RV park walking at a normal pace. That's good news for me, since I have no fridge and am mostly an eat out kind of a guy. I also like long walks.

Anyway, I'm the ugly old 24 foot 1976 Vogue in p6. I hope to be a bit more sociable and pleasant tomorrow.

Just one question.... Should I be ripping my carpet up to dry up the moisture under it, or is it too late to make a difference at this point anyway. I have very wet carpet in back of my RV, and I'm not even sure the source.

david
potmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #247
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Vintage or new, doesn't matter, David. We're all RV'rs so no need to feel out of place. Come to breakfast tomorrow AM & meet some more friends.

I'm not good at diagnosing wet problems, but I'm sure there are some here that can help.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #248

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
David,
I agree with Lori, you are just fine. we are all rv'ers and come join in. As far as the wet carpet goes, put a fan on it and it should dry out quickly, if you don't have one I can loan you a small one that I have. I'm in O11, the 5er with the chevy dually in the front.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by potmo View Post
Hi all,

I'm chilling out alone tonight. I seem to be the only one here with a vintage, beat up rig. Was feeling sorry for myself and whining about my wet floor and my grey tank not draining.

Everyone I have met so far is super nice, though it seems most are in a little bit of a different lifestyle than me so I'm feeling a bit out of place.

I took the advice of the RV registration lady and took a rather nice walk into town. Very cute, quaint and rustic! I had a nice German dinner at the place right before the OxBow by the Clothes encounter store... Can't remember the name. Dinner was good and I especially enjoyed the stout from the local brewery. I walked back the long way along part of the "kolonieweg" trail.

I cooled off nicely and caught up on some computery stuff with my netbook and I-phone as wifi hotspot, but by the time I was done all the shops were closed. Nonetheless my grumpiness was alleviated and I feel much better about things in general. It's only about 20 minutes into Amana from the RV park walking at a normal pace. That's good news for me, since I have no fridge and am mostly an eat out kind of a guy. I also like long walks.

Anyway, I'm the ugly old 24 foot 1976 Vogue in p6. I hope to be a bit more sociable and pleasant tomorrow.

Just one question.... Should I be ripping my carpet up to dry up the moisture under it, or is it too late to make a difference at this point anyway. I have very wet carpet in back of my RV, and I'm not even sure the source.

david
Hey, David! If you're in P6, we are near neighbors - at P12. Chairs are out to say welcome, but we chose to chill indoors tonight too. Another day, c'mon over. If the Jeep's here, knock on the door.

Last time we had a wet floor, the gray tank was overflowing - upwards. Into the bathroom. You did say your gray tank wasn't draining?

That's the end of my wisdom. (The rest went out with those troublesome teeth.) Surely someone else will chime in with something useful!

Breakfast? I'm the one-winged Wonder Woman - as in "wonder how she dislocated that shoulder?" Gray hair & glasses - that part doesn't do much to distinguish me, does it? I come attached to a tall Englishman. Make yourself known!

Cheers!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #250
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
David,

iRV2 has always been inclusive, never exclusive.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #251

Here is what I saw after the walking tour.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10135...KiPvdSJwN7p8wE
lappir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #252

Monaco Owners Club
Had a nice campfire last night. Kate said when she counted we had about 25 or 27 there, a few more came in later. I will start the fire back up tonite at around 7:30 or 8:00 so come on down. It's in I guess section N at the I think the east end by that dumpster and a wood kindling pile. Or by the sign that say's wood for iRV2. Jim

Tags
national, rally