Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your ready to go for editing/posting the list in your original post.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

See My RV Upgrades
Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My RV Upgrades
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
National Rally Commitee Members

Hey folks!

1st of all I don't believe that anyone needs to resend their information. I sat with George and we went over the entire listing that I had as of about 15 days or so ago.

If you have registered since about mid-October and if it's not too much trouble please send George (gMw) a "Private Message" with your site number.

Believe me he's got a handle on this and I consider it a blessing since I expect that this will be the largest National Rally to date. With 200 reservations available (quite a few taken already) george has made my job a lot easier.

On the team as well is Bob (rvbunz) who has volunteered to head up our recreation efforts and is also working on booking entertainment venues.

Although it's not finalized yet, we are planning on having both an individual and a team "iRV2 Cornhole Tournament." Bob is making up to 6 sets so that we can have lots of folks playing all at once. We are also planning on awarding trophies for the winners. (I know you guys would rather have cash but we're hoping the trophy will work )

Now I know that there are golfers out there and guess what, Myrtle Beach has about a hundred golf courses! (I really don't know exactly but it's a lot) Now I would ask for someone to volunteer to honcho the "iRV2 Golf Tournament" and start putting together some foursomes OR simply have a closest to the hole tournament like we did here at the 1st National Rally. We had a toilet seat award for the crapiest shot and we also had a number of other gags and some prizes and trophies for low score, hi score and closest to the hole got $5.00. That was me by the way. Can you believe it I won closest to pin from the T. (I had not taken a serious shot on a golf course ever). Those that want to play, bring your clubs because with up to 200 folks here I'm sure we can get a good crowd together to play a round of golf.

Again for such a large rally, these guys stepping up and helping is a big help and I want to thank them for stepping up.

Keep an eye on the 1st post in this thread for an updated list of who's coming to the show!

I may be listing more want ads shortly and I'm sure that there are many jobs that need to be filled. 1 such job is "Infrastructure Setup Coordinator." Up to 500 chairs may need to be moved and 40 to 50+ tables need to be setup. Concluding the rally, the chairs need to be restored to the condition found and all tables put away. --> Very Important Job <-- The person doing this job needs to honcho the job and get as many folks to help him as possible because many hands will make for light work and this job is essential.

Off the cuff:
  1. Vendor Setup Coordinator, tables and chairs for the vendors.
  2. Interior Decorating, table cloths and center pieces.
  3. Waste Management Coordinator and crew. (Trash and floor sweepers)
  4. Registration Desk Assistants. Help at the desk and make up goody bags and distribute those on registration day.
  5. Swap Meet Coordinator. Books, puzzles, RV items or other small items for sale or swap. (1 day)
  6. Raffle Ticket Coordinator, get a few folks to help and sell 50/50 tickets, count the money. We'll be benefiting a local charity. (no more than 2 days)
  7. Official Photographer. Must have good equipment and good photographic skills.
There are more jobs that need to be done that I just can't think up of right now but I'll post those as they come up. iRV2 members in the past have been individually excellent when it came to jump in a help when manpower was needed and I expect that will still be the case for next year.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

Hey folks!

1st of all I don't believe that anyone needs to resend their information. I sat with George and we went over the entire listing that I had as of about 15 days or so ago.

If you have registered since about mid-October and if it's not too much trouble please send George (gMw) a "Private Message" with your site number.

Believe me he's got a handle on this and I consider it a blessing since I expect that this will be the largest National Rally to date. With 200 reservations available (quite a few taken already) george has made my job a lot easier.

On the team as well is Bob (rvbunz) who has volunteered to head up our recreation efforts and is also working on booking entertainment venues.

Although it's not finalized yet, we are planning on having both an individual and a team "iRV2 Cornhole Tournament." Bob is making up to 6 sets so that we can have lots of folks playing all at once. We are also planning on awarding trophies for the winners. (I know you guys would rather have cash but we're hoping the trophy will work )

Now I know that there are golfers out there and guess what, Myrtle Beach has about a hundred golf courses! (I really don't know exactly but it's a lot) Now I would ask for someone to volunteer to honcho the "iRV2 Golf Tournament" and start putting together some foursomes OR simply have a closest to the hole tournament like we did here at the 1st National Rally. We had a toilet seat award for the crapiest shot and we also had a number of other gags and some prizes and trophies for low score, hi score and closest to the hole got $5.00. That was me by the way. Can you believe it I won closest to pin from the T. (I had not taken a serious shot on a golf course ever). Those that want to play, bring your clubs because with up to 200 folks here I'm sure we can get a good crowd together to play a round of golf.

Again for such a large rally, these guys stepping up and helping is a big help and I want to thank them for stepping up.

Keep an eye on the 1st post in this thread for an updated list of who's coming to the show!

I may be listing more want ads shortly and I'm sure that there are many jobs that need to be filled. 1 such job is "Infrastructure Setup Coordinator." Up to 500 chairs may need to be moved and 40 to 50+ tables need to be setup. Concluding the rally, the chairs need to be restored to the condition found and all tables put away. --> Very Important Job <-- The person doing this job needs to honcho the job and get as many folks to help him as possible because many hands will make for light work and this job is essential.

Off the cuff:
  4. Registration Desk Assistants. Help at the desk and make up goody bags and distribute those on registration day.
  5. Swap Meet Coordinator. Books, puzzles, RV items or other small items for sale or swap. (1 day)
  6. Raffle Ticket Coordinator, get a few folks to help and sell 50/50 tickets, count the money. We'll be benefiting a local charity. (no more than 2 days)
  7. Official Photographer. Must have good equipment and good photographic skills.
There are more jobs that need to be done that I just can't think up of right now but I'll post those as they come up. iRV2 members in the past have been individually excellent when it came to jump in a help when manpower was needed and I expect that will still be the case for next year.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #20
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

Hey folks!

Off the cuff:
Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Hi This is Tom Salinsky. (Suncruiser 11) We have just registered and paid our deposit. We are coming in on Sat the 13th. Site I 31 Wife Cindy, three cats and dog !! Look forward to trying to find some of the people we met at the very FIRST rally. We are just getting back into travelling.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Hi This is Tom Salinsky. (Suncruiser 11) We have just registered and paid our deposit. We are coming in on Sat the 13th. Site I 31 Wife Cindy, three cats and dog !! Look forward to trying to find some of the people we met at the very FIRST rally. We are just getting back into travelling.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Tom,

Glad to hear you're getting back into traveling. Looking forward to meeting Cindy and you at the rally.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #25
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Tom,

Glad to hear you're getting back into traveling. Looking forward to meeting Cindy and you at the rally.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #26
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Tom,

Old 11-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like the list is doing real well. There are alot signed up early on, it will grow when summer comes again for us that are "UP NORT". Jim

Old 11-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like the list is doing real well. There are alot signed up early on, it will grow when summer comes again for us that are "UP NORT". Jim