Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Commercial Member

2014 National Rally Seminars, Meetings & Special Events

A number of people have read my posts on tires and application on RVs and others follow my blog RVTireSafety.com

My vocation for 40 years was a tire design & quality engineer.
I have developed and delivered seminars on "Tire Knowledge for RV Owners" for a few years since retirement.
I am not a full timer so need to plan my travel but in the past I have delivered seminars at a number of FMCA Int'l Conventions in Ohio, Mich, Ind and Wisconsin. I have also delivered seminars at smaller events such as Gypsy Journal Rally in OH and Indiana and even at state and private campgrounds.

My avocation for over 20 years has been Genealogy. I have served on Board of Trustees of the Ohio Genealogical Society, the largest state genealogical society in the US. I have a number of topics on Genealogy.
Here is my listing on the OGS Speakers Bureau.

These are not infomercials as I have no sponsorship or product to sell. I can provide references and/or copies of evaluations I have received over the years.

If anyone planning an event is interested in the topics above you can contact me so we can work out the details.

Roger Marble
Akron, OH
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
A number of people have read my posts on tires and application on RVs and others follow my blog RVTireSafety.com

My vocation for 40 years was a tire design & quality engineer.
I have developed and delivered seminars on "Tire Knowledge for RV Owners" for a few years since retirement.
I am not a full timer so need to plan my travel but in the past I have delivered seminars at a number of FMCA Int'l Conventions in Ohio, Mich, Ind and Wisconsin. I have also delivered seminars at smaller events such as Gypsy Journal Rally in OH and Indiana and even at state and private campgrounds.

My avocation for over 20 years has been Genealogy. I have served on Board of Trustees of the Ohio Genealogical Society, the largest state genealogical society in the US. I have a number of topics on Genealogy.
Here is my listing on the OGS Speakers Bureau.

These are not infomercials as I have no sponsorship or product to sell. I can provide references and/or copies of evaluations I have received over the years.

If anyone planning an event is interested in the topics above you can contact me so we can work out the details.

Roger Marble
Akron, OH
Hi Tireman9

Are you attending the 2014 National Rally? I like both the tire and the genealogy seminar ideas.

Are there any other seminar ideas out there? Maybe we should start another thread to discuss the possibilities.
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #3

Commercial Member

Seminars at Nat Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Hi Tireman9

Are you attending the 2014 National Rally? I like both the tire and the genealogy seminar ideas.

Are there any other seminar ideas out there? Maybe we should start another thread to discuss the possibilities.
Currently am tentative at FMCA Int'l in Perry, GA in March and Redmond, WA in Aug so Sept would be a challenge for travel time & costs. Since I am not a full timer, attending events is an extra cost for me.

Will let you know if my plans change.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think a presentation on RVing to Alaska would be interesting. I would like to hear from someone who has done it and can speak to what to expect, how to prepare, what to avoid, etc.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
The proper use of the microwave/convection oven would be well received by the ladies I'm sure.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Not just the ladies JC2
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
I think a presentation on RVing to Alaska would be interesting. I would like to hear from someone who has done it and can speak to what to expect, how to prepare, what to avoid, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
The proper use of the microwave/convection oven would be well received by the ladies I'm sure.
Both of those sound like great ideas to me.

I just read a book that involved a trip to Alaska with a travel trailer. I've met other RVers who have made the trip. There must be somebody in the iRV2 community that could put together a presentation. I hope somebody will read this and step forward.

I suspect there are some men out there who would be interested in the cooking information. Regardless, it's a subject we might all find some interest in since we all need to eat. Convection/microwaves are becoming very popular in RVs in order to save space.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Both of these sound great to me Our "Bucket List" has an Alaska trip at the top of our list.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #9
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
RV trip to Alaska is on our "Bucket List" also, so would be very interested learning more about this.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We also would love to hear about traveling to Alaska. It is on the top of my Bucket List also. I would prefer to hear from someone who either went solo or with a couple friends, not a tour company.
I would also like to see a seminar on RV for women. Not necessarily driving, but set up, dumping, hookups, the basics, etc. You never know when something could happen to the DH and it has to be done. I need a better knowledge of the workings of an RV.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We also would love to hear about traveling to Alaska. It is on the top of my Bucket List also. I would prefer to hear from someone who either went solo or with a couple friends, not a tour company.
I would also like to see a seminar on RV for women. Not necessarily driving, but set up, dumping, hookups, the basics, etc. You never know when something could happen to the DH and it has to be done. I need a better knowledge of the workings of an RV.
The Alaska subject is receiving lots of votes. I don't know how to move this idea forward but I hope DriVer is paying attention to this thread.

I also like the idea of the RV Basics for Women. Anyone out there watching this thread that wants to step up and make a presentation?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Arrow 2014 National Rally Seminars & Meetings

A schedule of seminars is currently being developed. We will begin to publish the itinerary as soon we have a short list of instructors that have committed to supporting the rally.

In the past, we have had many seminars that have taken over 2 days to present and that said, I don't believe that most folks want to commit to sitting in the recreational hall for 2 days.

I would like to prioritize the Monday seminar sessions to be in direct support of RVing if at all possible. Seminars from manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers and or small RV business will be invited to fill the schedule on the first day.

To get our Monday rolling, we hope to schedule a breakfast between 7:30a to 8:30a before the seminars start and we're working on that. The seminars will begin at approximately 9:00a featuring 3 morning sessions, a one hour lunch and (perhaps) as many as 4 afternoon sessions concluding at 5:00p.

In regard to meetings where iRV2 members are invited to attend, I would like to schedule those for Tuesday. Always popular on the schedule is the "iRV2.com 101" presentation.

Private groups are invited to schedule meetings on Tuesday. These could be RV brand specific club meetings with the possibility for scrap booking, travel, ceramics, art work, financial seminars or any other topic that will attract a group of attendees that want to share an activity. You can set your own schedule and have it placed in the program. We have 1 medium sized room on the side of the main hall that can be used for meetings. All that is asked is that you yield the room to a another meeting if it's on the schedule.

I would like to get the seminars and meetings out of the way by Tuesday afternoon and allow other activities to develop on Wednesday and Thursday. The Recreational Hall is not available on Friday and it will have to be restored to an as found condition after the Thursday evening dinner.

On Friday I believe that folks would like to have some time off to come and go as they please. There is so much stuff to see and do here on the Beach and folks need time to pursue those activities as they please.

Keep checking back in on this thread as an activities itinerary will be published here over the next few months. On arrival at the campground, you should also receive the same information in the Rally Program in print however all events are subject to change if out of our control.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Revisiting Habitat for Humanity, etc.

I recently made a presentation for Habitat for Humanity RV Care-A-Vanners at an RV rally and it was very well received. The RV CAV program gives RVers a chance to Travel With A Purpose by helping build decent, affordable homes for people/families in need.

I'd like to make the presentation at the iRV2 National if possible. All I need is a projector to plug in my laptop. The seminar and Q&A takes an hour.

I'm also willing to host the Financial Roundtable discussion again this year. The discussion was well attended at the National in 2012.

I see mention above that a room is available for seminars. Do I need to reserve the room on Tuesday? Do I do that in advance or on site?

Lucius

Tags
national, national rally, rally