Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
I just booked site #64. I am going to try and do Camp Freightliner on the way in so I may come in a couple of days early. Mike per your request I will host the morning Coffee Hour for the mornings you need it. This will be my 3rd rally at OL.

Don
Don, we will get there on Saturday. I'd love to help you with the AM coffee so just let me know what you need from me.

Gary
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Question,

What's the likelihood there will be spaces available after the first of the year? I cant possibly book until at least January.

Thank you in advance

Truly, I would suggest you book a spot now, You can always cancel. Only a small fee. BUT. Ocean Lakes is a super busy CG, and they are full most all of the warmer months, Even now, you wouldn't be able to get a good site for July, or August, if at all. Wait till next year, and it will be too late.

Terry and Shay, Lazy Campers
terryallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryallan View Post
Truly, I would suggest you book a spot now, You can always cancel. Only a small fee. BUT. Ocean Lakes is a super busy CG, and they are full most all of the warmer months, Even now, you wouldn't be able to get a good site for July, or August, if at all. Wait till next year, and it will be too late.
We are at Ocean Lakes now and there are really no 'bad' sites in the sections that Mike has reserved for the rally. Some of the concrete pads may be a bit short for rigs longer than 40', but those are few. Also, remember that Mike has reserved 200 sites so I would think even if you waited until after January 1 to reserve, you will still be able to get a site in one of the reserved sections.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryallan View Post
Driver has 200 spots reserved for us. Plenty of sites for the rally will still be available in January.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
On the Agenda .... On Foot in Downtown Myrtle Beach

Come and join the crew for a walking tour of downtown Myrtle Beach. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the 1.2 mile long beach front Boardwalk and stop and have a seat and enjoy the view. Take a few minutes with your family and friends to share a car on the Sky Wheel. Fully enclosed, air conditioned and driven by rubber wheels, the Sky Wheel is one of the smoothest rides of this type that you will have ever enjoyed.

Located on Ocean Avenue is located Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Haunted Adventures and the Nightmare Haunted House. Interspersed are the many walk in souvenir shops with the “Gay Dolphin” being the largest on the strip. Side walk cafes line the board walk and walk up windows offer ice cream and foods of all types. Come and sit and enjoy the ocean front with a cold beverage, sit back and relax and enjoy yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boardwalk.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	47307   Click image for larger version

Name:	SkyW.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	47308  

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #48

Carolina Campers
We made our reservations today, and look forward to having a great time next year. We are in I-54.

Let us know if we can do something to help out.

See you there,
Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Booked site

I booked a site yesterday I37 for rvjimmy and me. So you can put us on the list. Don't know if we will stay thru the whole week as we want to meet up with our daughter and family that are in FL. but have a limited amount of vacation time to do it in.
KRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I thought we was already on here but couldn't find a post. Anyway we are booked for site H08. Almost can't wait !!!!!!
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #51
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
I thought we was already on here but couldn't find a post. Anyway we are booked for site H08. Almost can't wait !!!!!!
It appears we will be neighbors H7.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #52

Coastal Campers
A Coleen & Mike Rally.. Wouldn't miss it! Reserved HH-25.. See y'all there..
Old 10-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #53

Hi Driver: DW and I want to take our RVing to the next level and attend a Rally. This one looks really good. Just one question however. Will I need a vehicle to get around or is the CG a destination campground with transportation available?
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
Hi Driver: DW and I want to take our RVing to the next level and attend a Rally. This one looks really good. Just one question however. Will I need a vehicle to get around or is the CG a destination campground with transportation available?
I don't think Mike will mind if I answer your question. Ocean Lakes is a very large, very nice, fully-featured RV park on the ocean. They would have most everything you need without leaving the park. They have a nice store with groceries, swim wear, beach stuff, gifts, etc. but it is not a supermarket. You can rent a golf car if you like to get around the RV park. However, if you want/need to drive around Myrtle Beach to shop, see shows, etc. (there is much to see and do), you will need a vehicle. There are rental cars readily available. We rented one from Enterprise some years ago when our towed vehicle had problems and needed service.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #55

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We're ready

Just purchased our MH 1st of Sept. Found this site couple of weeks ago. If the Rally is 1/2 as good as the people and information we find on here it will be worth every penny we spend and time off work to attend.
We got married in Myrtle Beach on 9/13/08 and have wanted to go back. The coincidence of all this is to much to pass up. We just reserved our site and paid the deposit. Look forward to see all you great people then
Old 10-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #56

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
There will be many members who will be happy to bring you along on any outing. Don't worry about the car. Come and have fun...
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, national rally, rally, myrtle beach