Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #71

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post
Wow...not from accidents, or crime I hope!
Knock on wood...no accidents ever in an RV. In all my years, basically no crime. Once when it was at a repair shop about 8 of his units were vandalized. The owner made all repairs and my losses totaled about $100 in small electronics.
I am on disability and most of my problems are because of my left foot (broken a couple of times), arthritis, and diabetes.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post

Knock on wood...no accidents ever in an RV. In all my years, basically no crime. Once when it was at a repair shop about 8 of his units were vandalized. The owner made all repairs and my losses totaled about $100 in small electronics.
I am on disability and most of my problems are because of my left foot (broken a couple of times), arthritis, and diabetes.
Ah....that explains why you wouldn't want to go too far from home, then.

I think I'll just have to make my first long trip alone so I can stop worrying about it!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #73

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:

Ah....that explains why you wouldn't want to go too far from home, then.

I think I'll just have to make my first long trip alone so I can stop worrying about it!
Where would you be traveling from? I'm sure there are members who may be near you that you can tag along with.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post

Where would you be traveling from? I'm sure there are members who may be near you that you can tag along with.
I live in Mesa, AZ, but I always visit my father in the Ozarks whenever I travel East. From there it's an extra 1100 miles to Myrtle Beach. Back to home from MB would be about 2300 miles.
Seriously though, RVers around here are mostly from Canada, and all points North. THIS is their destination. ..they don't want to go any where else, except maybe CA. LOL!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #75

How do I get a screen name?
terrehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #76

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehill View Post
Terrehill is your screen name
Old 11-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehill View Post
terrehill,

This one will work --> terrehill <--

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #78

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
I live in Mesa, AZ, but I always visit my father in the Ozarks whenever I travel East. From there it's an extra 1100 miles to Myrtle Beach.
Hopefully you'll find somebody to tag along. If not, there are plenty of single RVers out there (women and men) who make long trips solo. There's probably a sub-group on iRV2 for solo RVers. Hope to see you in Myrtle Beach.

Quote:
...Seriously though, RVers around here are mostly from Canada, and all points North. THIS is their destination. ..they don't want to go any where else, except maybe CA. LOL!
Fuel costs certainly create a situation where traveling in an RV can be costly. So I can understand the idea that RVers don't want to criss-cross the continent in a willy-nilly fashion. However, I find it amusing that people buy RVs and always go to the same place. Don't get me wrong - traveling in an RV is way better than staying at hotels and such... But DW and I go RVing to travel and see the sights. We may go places more than once but I don't think we'll ever find ourselves going to the same place, year after year, similar to snowbirds in Florida and Winter Texans. I can understand how the situation arises - we become comfortable with the surroundings, etc. But where's the Wanderlust? Where's the adventure?

Okay, enough of my rant/tangent.

The National Rally in Myrtle Beach looks like a great event. We haven't made reservations yet but plan to be there. We hope to see you there too!
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post

Hopefully you'll find somebody to tag along. If not, there are plenty of single RVers out there (women and men) who make long trips solo. There's probably a sub-group on iRV2 for solo RVers. Hope to see you in Myrtle Beach.

Fuel costs certainly create a situation where traveling in an RV can be costly. So I can understand the idea that RVers don't want to criss-cross the continent in a willy-nilly fashion. However, I find it amusing that people buy RVs and always go to the same place. Don't get me wrong - traveling in an RV is way better than staying at hotels and such... But DW and I go RVing to travel and see the sights. We may go places more than once but I don't think we'll ever find ourselves going to the same place, year after year, similar to snowbirds in Florida and Winter Texans. I can understand how the situation arises - we become comfortable with the surroundings, etc. But where's the Wanderlust? Where's the adventure?

Okay, enough of my rant/tangent.

The National Rally in Myrtle Beach looks like a great event. We haven't made reservations yet but plan to be there. We hope to see you there too!
I know! I've wondered about that myself! And you know what? Whenever I have an opportunity to talk to some AZ Snowbirds, or to overhear a conversation, it's not happy. I think maybe it's become a chore for them.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #80

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:

I know! I've wondered about that myself! And you know what? Whenever I have an opportunity to talk to some AZ Snowbirds, or to overhear a conversation, it's not happy. I think maybe it's become a chore for them.
I know we enjoyed this beautiful country this summer. We caravaned to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, and other points out west. I plan on seeing more and travel many more miles to places we haven't seen. Save up and travel. Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Old 11-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post

I know we enjoyed this beautiful country this summer. We caravaned to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, and other points out west. I plan on seeing more and travel many more miles to places we haven't seen. Save up and travel. Happy Thanksgiving everyone
I will! Maybe we'll cross paths some day!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #82
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Please keep this thread for the National Rally in MB & take other miscellaneous discussions to another thread.

Thank you,
Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #83

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Please keep this thread for the National Rally in MB & take other miscellaneous discussions to another thread.

Thank you,
Lori-
10-4
Old 12-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #84

Quote:
Hi All,

New here to the forum, but have had some great conversations so far!

I'm an experienced RVer, however am now going it alone. Have had my own rig for only 5 months.

I have never been to any rallies before. But this one sounds intriguing!

What I am wondering is will I have much fun coming singly? Everyone who has signed up so far seems to be part of a couple...so I am apprehensive about coming all that way.

I am also curious about what to expect for group activities at an RV rally...what sort of things do you all do? What are the seminars about?
Hi Cindy! At the national rally in Amana Colonies, IA, this year there were several singles. I didn't notice that they hung out together as a distinct group, but mostly mingled and seemed to be having as much fun as the rest of us. Don't hesitate to come along!

Cheers!
Sue

Tags
national, national rally, rally, myrtle beach