Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nothing more yet.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
The 2003 Rally was held in Nashville. It is a great place to have a rally. The only problem we had was the campground. It was the KOA mentioned in an earlier post. Unless they have made MAJOR improvements to that place do not use them. The sites were so close together we could shake hands with our neighbors. Our site was so small it only fit our 36 foot Hitchiker and we had to park our truck perpendicular to the site in front of our rig. The hook-ups were under our kitchen slide-out. There was a tree on the other side that kept us from opening the door all the way open. Could only open it to 90 degrees before hitting the tree with the door .
So, if ya'll want to have your 2015 Rally in Nashville find another campground or check out the KOA and make sure it has been greatly improved.

Jerry

Old 10-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #17
doc

Appalachian Campers
I have always said the smaller rallies were the best. I know some of the gang likes to set records and all that business, but for pure enjoyment the smaller groups are so much better and seem to be more fun. I recall Tom Neal had hosted one at Mayberry (Mt Airy NC) and we cooked a pig. We had the entire group (two and three deep) around a community bond fire.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nightly evening group campfire was one thing I really missed this year. That's one of the best activities to meet new people & there's nothing like sittin' around a big ole campfire in the evenings just chatting.

If we have another small one, Cave Country near Mammoth Cave KY would be a nice place. All FHU pull thrus & new enough there's no trees to interfere with satellites. Plenty to do with Mammoth Cave & several other smaller caves in the area, the Corvette Museum, Bourbon Trail, Lincoln Birthplace...etc. Only snag is it's a small CG & we'd have to limit attendance to less than 50 rigs.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I personally like the smaller rallys too. Urbana, VA in 2011? I think had about 60 rigs and we had the best time, rain and all.....
Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
So if you limit the attendance to 50 sites, who tells the other 150 coaches we don't want you? Just asking. That just dosnt sound like the IRV2 I've come to love.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lori,
I agree with you on Cave Country, small but nice. Just left there last week. Very nice, friendly people running the place. Lots to do and see.
We missed everyone this year at the Rally, had some appointments that were right at the time of the Rally. Hope to make it in 2015.
Sitting in Smyrna Tennessee right now waiting on my truck to get repaired.
Frank
Old 10-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
So if you limit the attendance to 50 sites, who tells the other 150 coaches we don't want you? Just asking. That just dosnt sound like the IRV2 I've come to love.
You misinterpreted my message. I stated "if" we had a small rally. In that case, it would be no different than any Good Sam, FMCA, FMA rally - take reservations up to the limit then one is put on standby for a cancelation.

If you look back through past Nat'l rally attendances (in the Rally Master's forum), you'll see these overly large attendance numbers are the exception, not the norm. For those that like the large rallies, then a CG that accomodates large number is a necessity. If it's small, then a smaller CG works just fine.

No matter what size, whomever steps up to wagonmaster one will have a large say on where/when it is.

Lori-
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
You misinterpreted my message. I stated "if" we had a small rally. In that case, it would be no different than any Good Sam, FMCA, FMA rally - take reservations up to the limit then one is put on standby for a cancelation.

If you look back through past Nat'l rally attendances (in the Rally Master's forum), you'll see these overly large attendance numbers are the exception, not the norm. For those that like the large rallies, then a CG that accomodates large number is a necessity. If it's small, then a smaller CG works just fine.

No matter what size, whomever steps up to wagonmaster one will have a large say on where/when it is.

Lori-
Ok, just tell me first so I can make my reservation and feel loved! Lol

I'll even volenteer to tell the overflow "sorry Charlie" lol
Old 10-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #24
doc

Appalachian Campers
Tim, it would be great if you could find some large CG in the Ozarks some place to have a 'big' rally. Myrtle Beach and Pigeon Forge has been done so many times.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Tim, it would be great if you could find some large CG in the Ozarks some place to have a 'big' rally. Myrtle Beach and Pigeon Forge has been done so many times.
How about Branson, seems to be some pretty good size parks there if I remember right. ABC is one that I got lost in. Don't know how many want to go to Branson, Mo.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
How about Branson, seems to be some pretty good size parks there if I remember right. ABC is one that I got lost in. Don't know how many want to go to Branson, Mo.
See post #2.

Lori-
Old 10-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lori,
Another place that might be considered for a smaller rally is Chattanooga. We had attended another rally there this spring with between 30 and 40 units. Holiday Trav L Park was where we stayed. Just giving food for thought.
Frank
Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #28
doc

Appalachian Campers
This is not news to anyone, but if we only consider venues that will accommodate 200 rigs AND have a meeting hall for an average of 2 people per rig then the availability of CGs or RV parks will be limited no matter where it is held.