Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #57
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnD View Post
I just booked the campground! I may have to work that week, at least a few days, but Hubby will be able to be in fulltime vacay mode!

gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #58

wow what a plan,,,question >? can i bring my antique corvettee?...i plan to trad for a MOTORHOME WHILE in town...where can i stay since i do not currently have an RV?...lane formby 256-706-3021

Old 07-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #59

Cool trip to Indiana from Alabama

Good day everyone, lane here just south o choo choo city. i can bring my tahoe and car hauler with my 1973 Corvette Stingray for the show on thursday...where can i stay, no camper currently..and single (Mod Edit) lane formby 256-706-3021/////clf5068@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never attended a rally is it OK to bring a toad?
KD3OBX
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #61
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes. Most would never leave home without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdzl View Post

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #62
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdzl View Post
Ribbit! Of course it is ...
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Rally T-shirts

What is the status of the Rally T-shirts? I understand that is being done by an outside vendor but time is getting shorter and it will take some planning due to sizes and getting the costs determined and paid. Can't we get more information? Did I miss the message from the vendor?

Don't tell me I can't do it, just tell me it won't be easy.
vacationer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #64
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here ya go.

Order Rally T Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer04 View Post
What is the status of the Rally T-shirts? I understand that is being done by an outside vendor but time is getting shorter and it will take some planning due to sizes and getting the costs determined and paid. Can't we get more information? Did I miss the message from the vendor?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:36 PM   #65

Is it worth it?

My DW and I are contemplating the "future after retirement". We've looked (and read) extensively about MH's and are leaning towards DP's. I saw this rally discussion and thought it would be a good place to see some vendors products, DP's, attend a few seminars and 'meet and greet' with current part and full timers. We are also interested in a Thor product, so this would be a great way to 'go and see' the manufacturing plant (I come from an automotive background so I am keenly interested in the build process & quality)! ..... so, I started to register - and then saw the cost $290! (for two).

So being very candid - WHY is this Rally worth $290?
Note: We are only planning to arrive on Sunday and attend Monday and Tuesday - departing on Wednesday. We do NOT have a MH so we are booked into a local hotel.

$290 to walk around for 2 days -- really?

My reference point is that I attend many RC events (IRCHA.org being the largest - you can look it up and see what I mean) and the 'attendance' - is always free. You must register to fly, so you pay the fee and get the T-Shirt, lanyard and goody bag. There are also many vendors and sellers of a multitude of RC related paraphernalia -- all free. Seminars? Yup, those are free too.

I realize that the this cost is minuscule compared to that of a DP (as is the cost of owning, living in and maintaining one). We'd like to go into this with both eyes open and with as much information as possible. Is this the (seemingly very steep) price of admission?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the link for the T-shirts. We have placed our order and are looking forward to the Rally!

Don't tell me I can't do it, just tell me it won't be easy.
vacationer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #67
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
rdalemercer - The iRV2 Rally is a small, tight-knit, intimate rally compared to the impersonal, multi-thousand attendance FMCA, Good Sam or even those of the larger manufacturers. We don't have a week's worth of seminars that go from 8AM-4PM like those other large rallies do. It is not set up for people to walk in or attend for just a day or two...which is also something FMCA or Good Sam can do. Our rallies are for making new friends & renewing old & as such are not equipped to handle any registrations less than 1 week. The rally fee is set to cover costs for those attending the entire week, taking advantage of the offerings, activities, entertainment & meals during that time.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:56 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
rdalemercer - The iRV2 Rally is a small, tight-knit, intimate rally compared to the impersonal, multi-thousand attendance FMCA, Good Sam or even those of the larger manufacturers. We don't have a week's worth of seminars that go from 8AM-4PM like those other large rallies do. It is not set up for people to walk in or attend for just a day or two...which is also something FMCA or Good Sam can do. Our rallies are for making new friends & renewing old & as such are not equipped to handle any registrations less than 1 week. The rally fee is set to cover costs for those attending the entire week, taking advantage of the offerings, activities, entertainment & meals during that time.

Lori-
Thanks Lori!
I really appreciate the reply.

We are 'sponging' right now and iRV2 has been a great resource for reading about the various aspects of RV life. I learn (or reinforce my understanding of) something daily from visiting the forums! What a great group of knowledgeable people!

If the iRV2 Rally is not the one for "a bit more than casual browsing" - which "show" or "Rally" do you and the iRV2 community recommend? We live in West Central Tennessee and are not adverse to travelling to the "right" venue to further our education....

Thanks again....
Dale.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #69
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalemercer View Post

If the iRV2 Rally is not the one for "a bit more than casual browsing" - which "show" or "Rally" do you and the iRV2 community recommend? We live in West Central Tennessee and are not adverse to travelling to the "right" venue to further our education....

Thanks again....
Dale.
If looking to see a lot in one location you might want to check out the big Hersey Pennsylvania show in September. There's also an FMCA rally in Massachusetts this August and what will likely be their bigger event next March in Arizona. Another of the biggest RV related shows each year is the Tampa super show each January. Good Sam has a major rally/show every year too, can't tell you right now where or when.

As Lori said, the nature of these mega rallies is entirely different, attracting thousands, but they'll have dozens of seminars each day, new RVs and everything you could ever think of, much you'd never dream of, on display and for sale. Those rallies will have daily rates.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalemercer View Post

Thanks again....
Dale.
This may help and give you an idea of an FMCA Rally:

This is info regarding the upcoming West Springfield, Mass convention in early August:

West Springfield 2016 International Convention

Exhibitor listing:

FMCA Conventions

Registration Info: (You would want a Passport registration unless you already have a motor coach by that time)

Register Now

There will be an FMCA convention next year in Indianapolis, which may be closer for you, not sure of the month but most likely August.

If you haven't already, look over the Family Motor Coach (FMCA) web site, FMCA.com

Good luck, and if you ever go, I hope you enjoy.

Glenn

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, national rally, rally