Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #29
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Hmmm.... 2600 miles from my front door, I think I see a plan coming together. Haven't been to an iRV2 National in about ten years.
I remember it well Bob. If you remember you arranged for an extra golf cart for me because Bev had just smashed her heal. She was looking forward to going back to Branson this year so she could see Branson standing up and not in a wheel chair.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
We invite all iRV2 members to attend the rally especially folks like Redneck Express who have been members here for many years. [emoji106]
I just called the resort: For the record, they aren't sure if they accept truck conversions and they do not accept RV's over 10 years old. However, they told me that I may send photos, and they will review them to let me know if my rig is allowed in their resort. I've got a special place in my heart for facilities like that.

Granted, I am relatively new to this forum, but I'm surprised IRV2 would pick a place like that for a Rally.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
I just called the resort: For the record, they aren't sure if they accept truck conversions and they do not accept RV's over 10 years old...
Hope we can get that mitigated...our Outlaw will be 11years old next year.
Gee, time flies when you are having fun.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
Granted, I am relatively new to this forum, but I'm surprised IRV2 would pick a place like that for a Rally.
petrel, I just spoke with our rally coordinator at the resort.

She told me that "All Nevada" resorts (in the area) have a "10 Year Rule" in that they can legally deny a vehicle that is obviously not well maintained, disheveled and embellished with air conditioners hanging out the windows and in apparent disrepair. The 10 year rule is basically a benchmark. In my case, my rig is 14 years old so I come under this rule. To our credit we've just invested in a 4 color full body paint job. There are many old RVs that are in good-working order with an acceptable body appearance. The resort has no problem with these types of rigs and they are welcome to stay.

In Branson we had approximately 85 rigs and I don't recall one being questionable. iRV2 members typically take pride in the appearance of their rigs and I expect this is not going to be an issue for the 2018 International Rally.

We picked this resort because it comes highly recommended by acquaintances and vendor friends that have been to the resort. The facility and amenities are outstanding and iRV2 members typically prefer full hookups and hard decks if available. .
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 09-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Hope we can get that mitigated...our Outlaw will be 11years old next year.
I don't see where you are going to have a problem. My rig is older than yours.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #34

Nevada Treasure is our "snowbirding" park November thru March, so I know of what I speak. This a great park for rallies as well as over wintering. The staff is one of the friendliest we have encountered. The bowling alley+ bar+ restaurant is a favorite of many locals...great pool area and spa. large workout center and large meeting rooms for groups. Important for us old farts...no playground so very few children. Sites are very large and all back-ins. I believe the park started as a MH only "own your own site" upscale park that did not make it. The park is now available for public use and often hosts rallies. The rallies tend to be in the front of the park and the long term users at the back. A few mile (7) north of town but not that far from Walmart. Well landscaped, concrete pads, paved roads and surrounded by a block wall. 10 year rule is just a tool to discourage "ratty RVs" Pahrump's weather should be fantastic in mid September. It is about 1000' higher than Las Vegas so cooler.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambeau View Post
Nevada Treasure is our "snowbirding" park November thru March, so I know of what I speak. This a great park for rallies as well as over wintering.
We picked this resort because it comes highly recommended by acquaintances and vendor friends that have been to the resort.

I am pleased to add you to the list of positive reviews.

I'm actually excited about going to NTRvR. The folks at the campground are very nice and accommodating.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:46 PM   #36

Quote:

She told me that "All Nevada" resorts (in the area) have a "10 Year Rule" in that they can legally deny a vehicle that is obviously not well maintained, disheveled and embellished with air conditioners hanging out the windows and in apparent disrepair. The 10 year rule is basically a benchmark. In my case, my rig is 14 years old so I come under this rule. To our credit we've just invested in a 4 color full body paint job. There are many old RVs that are in good-working order with an acceptable body appearance. The resort has no problem with these types of rigs and they are welcome to stay.

In Branson we had approximately 85 rigs and I don't recall one being questionable. iRV2 members typically take pride in the appearance of their rigs and I expect this is not going to be an issue for the 2018 International Rally.

We picked this resort because it comes highly recommended by acquaintances and vendor friends that have been to the resort. The facility and amenities are outstanding and iRV2 members typically prefer full hookups and hard decks if available. .
Thank you for responding to my post.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #37
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:

Mike, as petrel has mentioned, he and I own Renegade "Super C" rigs which a lot of these "Class A only" resorts seem to frown on.
Since you apparently have a rally contact at the resort and based on what petrel has been told, I would sincerely ask you to clarify that rigs such as our Super C's are accepted.
If in fact that is the case, I'll be one of the first to sign up and I'll gladly buy you a round or two of your favorite frosty beverage for your trouble.
As you can understand, this is an important issue to not only petrel and I, but I truly believe there's a large contingent of western U.S. Super C owners who just might be interested....

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Mike, as petrel has mentioned, he and I own Renegade "Super C" rigs which a lot of these "Class A only" resorts seem to frown on.
Since you apparently have a rally contact at the resort and based on what petrel has been told, I would sincerely ask you to clarify that rigs such as our Super C's are accepted.
If in fact that is the case, I'll be one of the first to sign up and I'll gladly buy you a round or two of your favorite frosty beverage for your trouble.
As you can understand, this is an important issue to not only petrel and I, but I truly believe there's a large contingent of western U.S. Super C owners who just might be interested....

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Bob, I will get on this tomorrow and get a definite answer. When the other shoe drops, the question might be; how about our towable owners [emoji780]

I’ll be sure to cover both of those topics.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #39
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Bob, I will get on this tomorrow and get a definite answer. When the other shoe drops, the question might be; how about our towable owners [emoji780]

I’ll be sure to cover both of those topics.
Agreed and appreciated.... Thanks again Sir.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I believe this is the 1st park for our Rally where there have been rules on age & even class. It's probably a good idea to clarify where they stand.

In past Rallies, we've had members attend with everything from pop-ups (007's girls' separate "suite") to luxury coaches, from vintage Airstream TT's to older truck campers to gorgeous matched pair toterhome w/5-r's We want all our members, no matter what they have, to be able to attend our Rallies.

Lori-
Old 09-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #41
Administrator Emeritus

Lori,
As you and I know, Bill founded this website on the principles of friendship, kindness and most certainly that everyone be included....It's those principles that got me involved in the first place and what keeps me coming back....

I'm sure that Mike will get some clarity tomorrow with respect to these issues and I look forward to not only being at the 2018 Rally, but bringing some of my new found Super C friends along as well....

Bob
Old 09-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Temps this year (3rd week of Sept) were on the decline 90's to the 80's...which is normal. Evenings are dramatically cooler.

And for those interested, Las Vegas and Death Valley are each, about 1.5 hours away:
Attachment 177485

Attachment 177486

Hope to see you there

How do I volunteer to assist with the rally? I live in Las Vegas (34 years), have a 40' DP, and am new to the lifestyle. I'd like to offer my assistance but don't know how to connect with the appropriate folks.

HELP?

MrB1LL
Closed Thread

Tags
national, national rally, rally