Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #43

Can someone please tell me what the “Rally Fees” would be? I have only been to one other rally where dinners and entertainment were included in one price. I’ve already called the rally site and gotten the cost for the six nights.
Thank you for helping.

Hello- Where do I get an application for the rally? I see the campsite fees on the announcement but what are the rally fees? I’m a newbie to the rally world and I would appreciate any help.

Thank you!
PokeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The Rally Fees will be announced shortly. They are still being finalized. Once announced, you will be able to register online for all rally functions & scheduled off-site entertainment.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:22 AM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
hope for better catering

We attended the last rally in Ocean Lakes.
Enjoyed the rally except for the Food catering
which was a joke.
Hope they switch caterer's for this one.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:02 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
We attended the last rally in Ocean Lakes.
Enjoyed the rally except for the Food catering
which was a joke.
Hope they switch caterer's for this one.
I can feel your pain - catering is the biggest weak link in every Rally (I know because my wife and I have organized several )

This will be our first iRV2 Rally and we were just talking about your post and my wife had a rather novel idea: Why not cut the evening catering completely and see if you can entice food trucks to come in for the evening meal? This way, everyone can get what they want and still sit down and socialize.

As for breakfasts - maybe something simple like your "Southern Basics" (Biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs - extra points for grits ) It's hard to mess that up @ Cost per person is usually less than $4.

We talked through the food truck logistics and the only long pole in the tent (as we used to say in the Army) is enticing the food trucks to come to the campground AND of course, the show stopper is Will Ocean Lakes allow food trucks in the CG?
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #47
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm sure the rally team learned from the last OL Rally not to have pimento cheese or paper thin ham sandwiches for the opening dinner....even if they are a southern delicacy.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I'm sure the rally team learned from the last OL Rally not to have pimento cheese or paper thin ham sandwiches for the opening dinner....even if they are a southern delicacy.

Lori-
WHAT?! No Pimento CHeese - how do I cancel my reservation?

BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Those who have hosted rallies know that catering is one of the most difficult things to arrange. This is especially true when the rally is taking place a good distance from your home area. Having good or bad food at the last rally is no assurance that the same will take place at the next. Having hosted rally's in the past I am thankful and appreciative of those that host any rally. There will always be something that may not go off as the hosts had planned or hoped. It can be very discouraging to the hosts to hear the complaints when they have worked so hard to put it all together. We always make try to make the best of any potential negative situation at a rally and lend a helping hand to those hosting whenever the opportunity arises. At times we skip a planned meal if it doesn't work for us and head out and enjoy some local fare. We are very thankful for the terrific IRV2 rallies and have really enjoyed them and the great folks we have met there and never let let any issues affect our time spent there.

Thanks to all who work hard to put this Rally on every year, your efforts are very much appreciated!!!
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:10 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Thanks to all who work hard to put this Rally on every year, your efforts are very much appreciated!!!
Oh My !!

Boy we have learned this lesson very well, the 2014 rally caterer was a near disaster on many fronts both for the rally attendees and the management staff. Imagine yourself (me) having to clean-up a kitchen at 11:00pm. I don't even want to mention the paper table coverings that shredded and the shortage of food.

Our day 1 experience in Elkhart brought in a lot of "cringe" when the caterer didn't bring in any beverages for the Sunday meal. After day one, the catering went well. The only thing that I note from that event was the plethora of left over donuts on Saturday morning.

One of the best caterers that we enjoyed were the folks who put on our meals in Branson. Everything was good - No complaints. The Sevierville rally was also a very good event as well featuring table cloths, bright silverware and bussing of tables. Remember "Kenny Evans?"

Last year's Las Vegas caterer was also good as we opted to use the on-site caterer in the Resort.

Our caterer this year is a well established high-quality provider called "Next Level Catering" who is partnering with Myrtle Beach's own, "Rip Tydes." We hope that every meal will be better than the next and that's how we planned it culminating with our Gala dinner on Thursday evening.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Oh My !!

Boy we have learned this lesson very well, the 2014 rally caterer was a near disaster on many fronts both for the rally attendees and the management staff. Imagine yourself (me) having to clean-up a kitchen at 11:00pm. I don't even want to mention the paper table coverings that shredded and the shortage of food.

Our day 1 experience in Elkhart brought in a lot of "cringe" when the caterer didn't bring in any beverages for the Sunday meal. After day one, the catering went well. The only thing that I note from that event was the plethora of left over donuts on Saturday morning.

One of the best caterers that we enjoyed were the folks who put on our meals in Branson. Everything was good - No complaints. The Sevierville rally was also a very good event as well featuring table cloths, bright silverware and bussing of tables. Remember "Kenny Evans?"

Last year's Las Vegas caterer was also good as we opted to use the on-site caterer in the Resort.

Our caterer this year is a well established high-quality provider called "Next Level Catering" who is partnering with Myrtle Beach's own, "Rip Tydes." We hope that every meal will be better than the next and that's how we planned it culminating with our Gala dinner on Thursday evening.
We gave our reservations at OL for the rally but still can't find where we register with IRV2? Help.
dongenesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongenesse View Post
We gave our reservations at OL for the rally but still can't find where we register with IRV2? Help.
Thank you for the question: Here you go.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f60/2019-...on-439937.html
Old 05-27-2019, 04:04 PM   #53

We have a small class C, and do not tow. Are there shuttles or a bus from campground to the optional activities?
Old 05-27-2019, 10:32 PM   #54
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crochooked View Post
We have a small class C, and do not tow. Are there shuttles or a bus from campground to the optional activities?
At most rally's I've been to, if you let it be known that you need a ride there will always be someone there to help you.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crochooked View Post
The optional activities are being accesses via car pool. I'm sure it won't be too difficult to hookup with a buddy and get a back seat.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:23 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
We are planning to attend our first rally. Going to rent a Class
A as we have not purchased yet (still doing homework) Jan is still working. So I'll be looking forward to looking at everyones rv.
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, national rally, rally, itinerary