Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2005, 12:02 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SchnoodleMom:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Does Daisy know yet ???
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #16

Naw. She's big into her Nurse Daisy role that she perfected last year, and is pushing up against Larry and his shingles blisters on the bed. Looks like its pretty self serving to be working on this project, but hopefully it will also help other IRV2ers who face medical challenges but want to get out whenever they can. Derek and I are on it...

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #17
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Mary,

I think it's great that you've stepped forward with a proactive offer of finding a solution to the question of cancellation insurance and I'm delighted our wagon master has accepted your gracious offer to help us with it. Derek and I have communicated on this and it has been discussed by administration, but so far we haven't hit upon anything that seems to be acceptable by the members and also agreeable to iRV2.

iRV2 doesn't want to be the insurer, we can't afford the potential losses if there were any. Third party insurance might be the way to go.

There's a lot that goes into planning one of these National Rallies and until recently we were of the mindset cancellations could just be handled internally on a 'one on one' basis as Don has indicated. Maybe we've outlived that luxury.

If your research and efforts results in each registrant who desires such coverage the option to select and pay the additional premiums charged by the insurer, I'm sure we could find a way to track it in our registration process. I agree that spreading cancellation costs among other rally attendees' fees would not be too popular with those other members.

Please keep me in the loop on your research and progress on this crucial issue and thanks again for stepping up to the plate.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #18

Richard,
Derek should be getting the credit for getting this ball rolling, not me. He's been working on it far longer than I have. We are happy to step up to the plate. I sent you an email earlier this evening asking for some statistics about demographics of attendees and previous cancellation levels, as I'm sure the external insurance agents are going to ask questions and I will need to give honest answers that will give us the best rates possible. Will look forward to hearing from you.

This is a nice size job to bite off and concentrate on. It feels good to try to help. Hope we are able to come up with some plans so you muckity-mucks can decide. Even better might be a vote of the membership once we have some options figured out.

Again, any ideas from any corner will be gratefully accepted, so we can come up with the best alternatives and their relative costs.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:21 AM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would be interested in Travel Insurance as part of the Rally package if offered as an option. However, unless a sufficient number buy it, any cost break to IRV2 may go away.

Otherwise such insurance can be purchased on an individual basis.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 AM   #20

FLYTYER
What we are looking into at the present is different type packages of insurance that we hope will be be both benifical & cost effective for the members.
Derek
Old 09-19-2005, 08:02 AM   #21

Flytyer,
I am trying to locate the options for trip insurance and see if there is any possibility of negotiating a group rate for iRV2 to offer. It is possible that the best we will be able to do is to point people toward private insurance options such as you mention. I would appreciate your sharing any experiences you have had with trip insurance - reputable companies, disreputable, and so forth. That could be a huge help to me.

I have noticed in my preliminary research that some companies only allow the purchase of the extended medical coverage, which we are personally interested in, within X days after you sign up for the trip. That may necessitate some manipulation with people such as yourselves who have already signed up, if they want the additional coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.

I appreciate knowing of your interest....

Old 09-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #22
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"....some companies only allow the purchase of the extended medical coverage, which we are personally interested in, within X days after you sign up for the trip. That may necessitate some manipulation with people such as yourselves who have already signed up...." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mary,

If insurance purchase is conditional within X days within registration, that shouldn't be a problem so far. We haven't started taking reservations yet, all we have taken is a non-refundable $50 deposit to guarantee a site.

Don will be working up the full reservation package soon after the arrangements are consummated with the campground.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:24 AM   #23

Great news! I hope I can get the options figured out before you have to start taking reservations. Have responses back from two companies so far - one looks mildly promising.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #24

Here is an update for those of you who are interested in rally cancellation insurance in case you have a health issue. We have just sent off to W5it and Warpath the results of our research along with the pros, cons and other considerations of three possible ways of proceeding. I believe it is W5it's responsibility to take the next step as he is wagon master of the 2006 rally.

We did find some reasonably priced insurance for one-trip coverage, and a different policy for full-timers sold on an annual basis only. For those considering one-trip coverage, you should know that the insurance company indicated that the extended coverage for pre-existing medical conditions must be purchased within a limited time (about 14 days) after you make your initial $50 non-refundable deposit.

I expect that you will hear from W5it shortly, after he and the others involved in the decision making have reviewed our research and discussed it.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Mary,

Thank you so very much for carring this process forward in the manner that you did. We all appreciate the time and effort you put into the project and I'm sure that the rally staff will find this to be a big help.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:19 AM   #26

I see the Pre-Registration page has been put up with updates? Has the Insurance been added to the pre-registration page or has the issue been dropped. Just would like to know so as not to beat a dead horse so to speak.
Derek
Old 10-17-2005, 06:35 AM   #27

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Derek -

I believe the decision was to add a link for attendees to obtain insurance on a individual basis.

Don is very close to nailing down all of the details on the rally and when we make that update we will include that link.

Thanks
Bill