Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I found it very hard this year to spend time with friends I only see once or maybe twice a year, to also making sure to meet new folks. I feel like I let some friends down by not spending more time with them. On the other hand, I felt as a part of the Rally Committee, a responsibility to make sure new attendees were made to feel welcome. I hope Frank and I were able to do that. I think Al has a great idea to help people meet others. Something to remember for next year.

bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Rally suggestions

Some additional suggestions for the next rally.

At other rallies I have attended 1st time attendees usually have a "First Timer" ribbon or a different color badge indicating that this is their first rally. Non-first timer attendees are usually very welcoming when they notice the ribbon or first timer badge. You could also offer a "First Timer Meeting" after registration or first thing the next morning.

I think the suggestion regarding having an iRV2 website class is also a good one. If space/time allows many people also enjoy card games or dominoes.

Although I'm not artsy or crafty, many women enjoy knitting, crocheting and scrap booking and love to exchange patterns. This only takes a small space and might even be done at someone's campsite.

Would it possible to set up a survey to see what types of activities attendees would enjoy?

jsetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
2014 Rally

My wife and I were at the campground during the rally, as a matter of fact it gave us the idea of going to Ocean Lakes.
As "newbies" we thought we should speak to the folks at the rally rather than attend it not knowing anything about a rally or what it entailed. From what we learned from other good folks is that we saved $ by not attending.
We loved OL and made reservations for next July to bring the kids and grand kids! Yes the golf cars are pricey but you don't have to rent one.
After reading these comments I'm thankful we didn't pay for the rally but I'd also like to thank IRV2 for introducing us to such a great campground!

Bill
wbryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbryson View Post
My wife and I were at the campground during the rally, as a matter of fact it gave us the idea of going to Ocean Lakes.
As "newbies" we thought we should speak to the folks at the rally rather than attend it not knowing anything about a rally or what it entailed. From what we learned from other good folks is that we saved $ by not attending.
We loved OL and made reservations for next July to bring the kids and grand kids! Yes the golf cars are pricey but you don't have to rent one.
After reading these comments I'm thankful we didn't pay for the rally but I'd also like to thank IRV2 for introducing us to such a great campground!

Bill
I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes, you saved money by not participating in the rally itself, but you missed out on the most important part of any rally. The meeting and interaction of other IRV2 members. The opportunity to meet folks that you will end up being friends with for years to come. The seminars were very good and helpful to those who attended them. You always learn something. We reunited with old friends and made some new friends during the week. The corn hole and ladder ball tournaments were a lot of fun and the entertainment was awesome. The presentation by the PAWS For Vets was heartbreaking and inspiring. The one downside that everyone agrees with was the food. It happens, through no fault of the food committee. But the overall experience of a Rally is priceless. I hope you will reconsider and join us for the 2015 rally.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #19

Not only was this our first rally, but also our first RV trip. We purchased our RV a month before and we were invited by friends from Tennessee to join them.
I don't have experience to compare the rally to any other, but overall we enjoyed it. We were perfectly fine with the food, and found the seminars informative since we are newbies. We also enjoyed the entertainment and the trip to Medieval Times.
Since my friend is a crafter, I enjoyed sitting with her and meeting and hearing stories from others when they came in the room to sell or purchase items. I would have liked more interaction with others to hear their stories and bits of wisdom.
We enjoyed the location, and very happy to be enjoying it with friends. Had they not been there, we would have felt somewhat isolated.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Brenda, I agree with you. I tried to interact with folks and make new friends. I was able to meet with friends from the 2012 rally. But as you said as rally committee members I felt my duty was to insure the games went off well and the Medieval dinner show went well. I think my team accomplished that. I have read the post and agree the food was bad, seminars could be tailored differently. I like the idea of the break out ses. full timers educating nu bees, and tricks of the road. As far as rally fees, I think they were fine. We can't control the campground fees, but would hope the campround would give a better group rate. I have volunteered to help out on the 2015 rally. I think Driver and the rest of the Carolina Campers who worked the rally did so with the best at heart. Our intention was to create a friendly atmosphere, build new friends and have a memorable experience. If we didn't meet your particular expectations I'm sorry, and hope we fulfill all the concerns of the 2104 rally and incorporate remedies into the 2015 rally. I truly welcome recommendations, so keep them flowing. Safe Travels.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've found it is more difficult to "make the rounds" when the attendance is as large as this one & the Sevierville one were. Interactions are much easier at the smaller rallies. Just isn't enough of me to go around & still catch up with old aquaintences. However, I'll make a concerted effort to meet more of you at the next one.

I do like the idea of having 1st timer attendees have a designation on their badge. It doesn't have to be the ribbons we've all seen stuck on new member/1st time attendee badges. It could be as simple as printing their badges on a color paper other than white. That would go a long way to ID'ing new folks & us old-timers can be sure to say HI!

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmpe View Post
Observations:
Food; The Bologna sandwich offered for the 1st night's "dinner" should have been a tip-off. Cold eggs and sausage lowered the mark. Running out of chicken sealed it. The 'food' was sub-par by any standard.

Socializing; We, as 1st-timers at a rally, felt isolated. Perhaps a program get-together for us would be nice. Shared camping experiences would have provided opportunities to meet others. As it was, we 'newbies' didn't feel at all welcome and, in a few cases, were completely ignored when we offered a "Good morning" or a simple
Hello".

On the bright side; entertainment was great and we enjoyed the band immensely. The Paws for Vets presentation was quite good as well.

Summary:
Extremely disappointing.
I agree with the majority of your comments/observations. Have been to a number of previous IRV2 national rallies before this one.

1. 2004-Boerne,Tx=
2. 2007-Branson,Mo=
3. 2008-Perin,Tx=
4. 2009-Dundee,Ohio
5. 2010-Williams.Az
6. 2013-Myrtle Beach
Old 11-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I've found it is more difficult to "make the rounds" when the attendance is as large as this one & the Sevierville one were. Interactions are much easier at the smaller rallies. Just isn't enough of me to go around & still catch up with old aquaintences. However, I'll make a concerted effort to meet more of you at the next one.

I do like the idea of having 1st timer attendees have a designation on their badge. It doesn't have to be the ribbons we've all seen stuck on new member/1st time attendee badges. It could be as simple as printing their badges on a color paper other than white. That would go a long way to ID'ing new folks & us old-timers can be sure to say HI!

Lori-
As a follow up, possibly some sort of event for those who are attending for the 1st or 2nd time. My reasoning is that since those of us who were first timers in MB really didn't have an opportunity to be our own "newcomer" group, it would be beneficial to bring us in the loop since we are still basically "newcomers".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/735629463187747/
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach, national, national rally, rally