Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We are in Winchester, Va. until Thursday and then we will head home. Thanks to all that worked so hard to have such a great rally.

diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Back in Jersey

Well we arrived back in New Jersey early evening on Saturday. Just now catching up with what we missed at work while enjoying Amish Country in Ohio. Just wanted to say that we had a fantastic time at the rally. It was our first rally, but definitely not our last. Joan and I had a great time all week thanks primarily to this crew pictured below.....

Sneaky way to say thanks without embarassment of forgetting someone. And thanks to them, we will be spoiled little campers at our next rally no matter where it is. We will expect name tags, site name tags, wonderful entertainment, great excursions, tasty food (and plenty of it), great fellow campers (and plenty of them), chinese auction, 50/50 (nicer if we won though), rig weighing (although my wife is NOT HAPPY her side of the rv is heavier than my side), etc, etc, etc..... My one regret is not having said a proper thanks and good-bye one of the wagonmasters - Joe.
Joan and I saw Mike at the pool (who knew he had time to enjoy some free time?) and thanked him. We had a few chances to talk with Joe, but we would turn our back and whoosh he was off in the darn cart. Lastly I know we have been accepted. Got our first issue of the KIT newsletter this morning. Anyway, thanks again and to our fellow campers, see you down the road.

Jim & Joan Corbett; Milltown, NJ
2016 Georgetown 369XLF
gymbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #17
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Adella and I made it home today safe and tired. We spent four days in Harrisonburg Va visiting two of our grand children. We got a chance to use my new tire pressure monitor today. One of the tires on the tow dolly threw a piece of tread and started to deflate quickly. The monitor sounded the alarm and started flashing the dropping pressure poundage. We were driving on I81 at about 60mph iin heavy traffic. I was able to get to the shoulder and stop safely just as the tire went flat. I had no feeling that the tire was deflating, just the alarm from the monitor. Hate to think what might have happened if I had not stopped quickly. Got the spare on and stopped at Bristol Tn to purchase a new tire, the rest of the trip home was uneventful. My old tire was only two years old with less than 5000 miles on it. We had a great time at the rally, it was one of the best we have attended. Thanks to Mike, Joe, Dave, and all the pond piggies. Thanks to all the young adults that helped also.
Dave @ Adella
2006 Allegro 35TSA
Hernando, Ms One old dog
davebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The 2009 rally is history now, and it was a great time. We appreciate all the kind words of everyone and are thrilled that folks enjoyed themselves. Certainly the appreciation expressed by everyone has made the work that went into the event all very worthwhile

It was fantastic seeing old friends again, and meeting new ones. Putting faces with the names of members was an enjoyable experience and being able to chat with all of you was the highlight of my week. There were still several folks who after the rally was over I realized that we hadn't had much time to talk with. For those folks, we'll just have to plan another event so we can all get together again.

Most of you met our two younger children (2 of your newspaper delivery persons) but that mysterious person standing beside me in the white shirt in the photo below is that missing third child

As some of you know, our school year was extended through the rally week due to a late year teachers strike. It wasn't an issue having the younger two kids excused since the last week of school is pretty laid back, but our eldest, a high school senior decided to stay home to attend his last week of high school with his friends. Shelly, the kids and I headed back home Friday afternoon to attend his high school graduation then returned back to the campground very late Friday night so we may have missed some of you who departed.

Since we had the "missing child" now with us, we stayed at the campground until Sunday around noon to give him a couple days at the campground as well as for us to have a day or so of rest and relaxation after the rally week. Now that we've had a chance to return home, (and plan another event----a graduation party this weekend) there's been time to catch up on reading some of the posts and I'm thrilled to read that everyone seemed to enjoy themselves at the rally.

We hope to see you at next year's event
Joe & Shelly, Justin, Tyler, Alyssa | Butler PA
2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP|Cummins 425|Honda CRV
Joe-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
In my earlier post, I thanked you all for your support during the rally, but I think it bears repeating that all your positive comments here and at the rally are very much appreciated.
The planning and executing of a rally is all worthwhile when you know that the participants had a good time.
Apparently, even our unplanned brush with Mother Nature didnt "dampen" your spirits which really shows us your positive feelings.
Like Joe said, I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones and I hope to be able to make next year's rally and see you all there.
In the meantime, if you see us camping somewhere and you are able to attend, please join us.
Mike And Debbie- Northeast Ohio
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost engine- SWEET!!
2011 Jayco Eagle 322FKS TT
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just to let you all know we arrived home about 12:00 sat. Had quite a bit of rain and quite a bit of sunshine. Parked RV in drive way and opened house and went to Gr Grandsons 3rd Birthday Party. Also to let you know what a great time we had. Good food, it was great meeting all of you. Coodoos to the guys that put it all together. Thanks for everything.

Nancy & Jim
99 ford f350 crewcab dually powerstroke auto. 2002 cameo f35ck3
jrcnlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
Coastal Campers
Arrived home Thursday the 25th.. Stopped in Detroit on the way to Northern Virginia..

Many thanks to Joe & Mike and their supporting families & staff..

Well Done! Had a great time.. See y'all next year..
Jeanie & Joe

2006 "Collector Edition" Arctic Fox 24-5N
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #22
Thank you everyone who helped in making this the greatest RV rally we've ever attended! We arrived home on Sunday afternoon. Wife wanted to take me to Texas Roadhouse for Father's day. She excused herself to visit the ladies room, slipped on a (true) round toothpick, fell and broke her left elbow(compression fracture). This is not nearly as severe as Claire's broken elbow though. Sure hope she is doing well, and we wish her a complete recovery.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #23
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry to hear that Ray, what is it with LADIES ROOM'S. Sure hope your wife is better soon. Claire is doing ok and maybe coming home this weekend.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sounds like our Rally had a "break your arm" jinx on it.
Speedy recovery wishes to Lin.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #25
Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
They say stuff like this comes in threes so I'll post this and see if it squelches the trend.

I came home last Friday (06/26) to find my wife on the phone with my sister. She was informing us that my 89 YO mother fell and fractured her left humerus (upper arm bone) at the personal care home she's at.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Standard Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote