Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
How about a " Open House"

We love looking at MH's... What if we picked one evening to tour ever ones MH...If you don't want to have your coach "open" no biggie But it ( I think) might be fun to tour the coaches that our members travel in...Just a thought...Peace...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #2

Forget about it! Don't own a motor home anyway!
tworootless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
We love looking at MH's... What if we picked one evening to tour ever ones MH...If you don't want to have your coach "open" no biggie But it ( I think) might be fun to tour the coaches that our members travel in...Just a thought...Peace...D
Well, I don't have a motorhome, and usually when people come to see our unit, and see the built in rifle rack, that usually ends the tour.

Funny how some people are.

So.....I will vote no. I have, however seen this go on at other Rally's.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You can come over and visit us anytime you like. I don't think we'd like to do this as an event. Typically you will find us sitting under the awning IF it doesn't get too hot outside!

When we were in Perry, GA a couple of years ago we had 14 people (iRV2 members) sitting in my motorhome having dinner! I remember we watched Jeff Dunham (Dunn-Ham) on a DVD and we had a great time!

I kid you not!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
You can come over and visit us anytime you like. I don't think we'd like to do this as an event. Typically you will find us sitting under the awning IF it doesn't get too hot outside!

When we were in Perry, GA a couple of years ago we had 14 people (iRV2 members) sitting in my motorhome having dinner! I remember we watched Jeff Dunham (Dunn-Ham) on a DVD and we had a great time!

I kid you not!
My side always hurts after watching Dunn-Ham. He gets everyone cranked up with the Terrible Terrorist and you really roll in the aisle with that purple and pink whatever his name is thingee. Oh Mike, that's right, with 14 people watching the tube in your Winnie there wasn't any room to move around, no less roll in the aisle.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
ours is always open to show new friendss
stop on by
brianj
Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #7

Pond Piggies Club
I have a question for ya'all with motorhomes. The reason I never went to a motorhome is the fact that the steering wheel is in the livingroom, sort of. How do you guys deal with this, or is it just me? I think it would be nice to zip into a rest area, and not have to go from truck to trailer to eat lunch, be able to run the A/C during your trip, lot of good stuff about a motorhome. But, when I go to look at them, all I see is the drivers seat and the steering wheel. Just wondering.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
.... But, when I go to look at them, all I see is the drivers seat and the steering wheel. Just wondering.
Grumpytrkr, The driver's seat spins around 180° and the steering wheel winds up in the background behind the seat. At some point it just disappears when you are in the motorhome and to me it seems less obtrusive.

You might like a motorhome even better once you realize that the DW can go and rustle you up a sandwitch, snack or beverage while you're motoring down the road. It may take her awile to get her sea legs but it'll happen.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #9

Grumpy,

If my SO were to tour your rig and see the built-in rifle rack, he'd probably offer to move in . Or at least check out what fine firearms you have and swap stories.

Seems like there are two kinds of folks. There's the kind that as soon as they spot a firearm or anything firearm related act as if they've just encountered a giant nest of poisonous snakes. And then there's the kind that ignore it or express interest.

Watched my SO at a Christmas party for my work several years ago. The home owner had his dad's WWII relic rifle in a corner of one of the rooms. My SO saw it, and after asking the owner if he could look at it, walked over to it, picked it up, pointed it toward the ceiling, pulled the bolt back, and made sure it was unloaded. I was watching the the other people in the room and it was funny to see the reactions. There was no one comfortable with firearms in that room. There was an almost audible collective gasp as soon as they realized that there was a gun in the room.

liz
Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
ours is always open to show new friendss
stop on by
brianj
Thanks we will...I was really thinking about what mods people had made...You hung this here for that , built this for that. That kinda thing.
I was talking about being, well you know...Thanks again for the invite..D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Sterring Wheel

Hi All,

Well my door is also always open, but then again not sure to many would be interested! Just a 2000 Class-A with only one slide. That has a man & dog living it at least 7 months a year and no mod's,LOL!! However I would be interested in seeing that built in gun rack! And see Grumpytrkr sterring wheel is not a problem

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas in the RV1  12-05-09.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	11453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas in the RV2  12-05-09.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	11454  

Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #12

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Gee, Al. Where's the gargoyle you used to have on the roof?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Gargoyle

Hey All,

Hey Dave,

Don't worry he is still with me, !!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	X-Mas Greetings1.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	11456   Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Mas Gargoyle2.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	11457  

Name:	Back Of RV 1 12-07-10.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	11458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Of RV 3 12-07-10.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	11459  

Old 06-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #14

A few years ago we attended a large rally where they had an open house of RVs - motorhomes, fifthwheels and travel trailers. People who wanted to show their RVs put an "Open House" sign on ther RV and many even set out refreshments. One rule was you took your shoes off before entering. About 15% of the owners elected to do the open house.

The tour was very interesting because we got to see how RVers decorate their RVs and how they store stuff. It was much more interesting and educational than touring empty rigs at RV dealers and shows. My wife and I only toured 5 or 6 motorhomes because we kept talking to owners and asking questions. We became friends of two couples and went back to visit them later.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote